Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. (5311 Views)

Seller crashes Customer’s Ferrari in Abuja, just before it was purchased. / Photos Of Innoson Vehicles Purchased By UNIZIK / The Innoson Military Vehicles Purchased By Nigerian Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by dljbd1(m): 10:03am On Dec 26, 2017
Hi guys,

Compliments of the season. smiley

I want to confirm if customs paper comes with a car which was purchased brand new.

Though I recently sold off my ride which was purchased brand new and I had no customs paper. I just moved about with the original invoice and other docs like the road worthiness, etcs. I never had a problem with the Police or FRSC.

But I recently had an argument with a friend over this and want to throw this out to you guys for your contribution.
So please those who have cars purchased brand new do you have custom papers as part of your documents?

Thanks.
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by dawnomike(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
The answer is 'NO'.... You only need custom papers for tokunbo cars (imported used cars)

#myopinion
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
Normally what the dealers give u is an attestation note, no customs papers.
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by dljbd1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
greenhulk:
Normally what the dealers give u is an attestation note, no customs papers.
dawnomike:
The answer is 'NO'.... You only need custom papers for tokunbo cars (imported used cars)

#myopinion

Mehn...I'm really grateful guys for the responses.
smiley
Thank you

@greenhulk
An attestation like a "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" kind from Customs?...right?
That was what I had with mine.
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
dljbd1:

Mehn...I'm really grateful guys for the responses.
smiley
Thank you

@greenhulk
An attestation like a "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" kind from Customs?...right?
That was what I had with mine.

Yes that's what dealers give u when u buy a brand new car.
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by dljbd1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2017
greenhulk:

Yes that's what dealers give u when u buy a brand new car.

Perfect!
Thank you boss.
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by mayor2013: 6:08am On Dec 27, 2017
The road worthiness you collected was a big scam. If you truly bought the ride a brand new then it would take another 3-4years for you to get the certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by dljbd1(m): 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
mayor2013:
The road worthiness you collected was a big scam. If you truly bought the ride a brand new then it would take another 3-4years for you to get the certificate.

Oh...so that's how it works for brand new rides. Good to know. I'll try not to fall victim when I wanna buy a brand new car.

I actually got my previous ride as Nigerian used from the original owner who bought it in 2008 so I had road worthiness for it. It's sold off now sha. Planning to get something light wink

Thank you all for your sincere contributions.
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by naijatyres: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
dljbd1:
Hi guys,

Compliments of the season. smiley

I want to confirm if customs paper comes with a car which was purchased brand new.

Though I recently sold off my ride which was purchased brand new and I had no customs paper. I just moved about with the original invoice and other docs like the road worthiness, etcs. I never had a problem with the Police or FRSC.

But I recently had an argument with a friend over this and want to throw this out to you guys for your contribution.
So please those who have cars purchased brand new do you have custom papers as part of your documents?

Thanks.

Truth is you do not need custom papers and as for the roadworthiness,it takes 3 years after purchasing a new car before you get that. So you just need to have the plate number allocation,CMR and whatever Insurance you are running on. That is all.
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by Shugarlord213: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
naijatyres:

Truth is you do not need custom papers and as for the roadworthiness,it takes 3 years after purchasing a new car before you get that. So you just need to have the plate number allocation,CMR and whatever Insurance you are running on. That is all.

What is cmr sir?
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by yelz689: 7:19am On Feb 04, 2020
Cmr is central motor registry
Re: Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. by Gokoyer0(m): 8:02am On Feb 04, 2020
Hi sir,
Do you aware of any increment in duty charges coming up soon on imported car?
naijatyres:

(1) (Reply)

Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. / Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry / ‎FRSC Sends 80 Traffic Offenders For Mental Check Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.