Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,121 members, 7,828,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. (1086 Views)

Leave Sinking Party, APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Members / Adams Jagaba Dumps APC, Says Party A “Sinking Ship" / Nigeria Is Sinking Under Buhari – APC Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by Yupng: 10:17am On Dec 26, 2017
How long must we all suffer in silence. The system is so corrupt and the government care less about the people. Everyday I look at this and hope someone will rise up and speak for us. I pray daily for God to send someone to stand and speak for the oppressed in my country, but until now, none is standing up. We have people with voice, but non of them care enough to risk their comfort for the betterment of the life of others.

I remember when 2face Idibia raised my hopes by standing up and speaking against the inhumanity and poverty in the country as a result of bad leadership. But little did I know that he will chicken out in the very face of opposition.

I guess fear creeps in. Fear of going against the statuesque and maybe losing the comfort of wealth.

Our current celebrities are jokers. They are so much about money and only want to protect the little comfort they have acquired, they DON’T CARE!.

So tell me, who will fight for the voiceless, for the millions living in abject poverty, not because they don't want to work, but because there are no jobs and the very wealth of the nation is being squandered and held by a few.

I tell you, if we don't stand up and challenge the system, nothing will change. Well i know you DONT CARE, as long you can provide for you and your family.

This epistle for those that cares.

Are you all not tired yet?

It is funny when i hear young folks cry out about the country and their only solution is to get a visa and migrate. How selfish can that be? You run away, i run away, we go abroad and we become second class citizens.

What about your families? What about others you left behind?

When ever you come back to this country, you will still meet things as they were and maybe even worse.

Stop expecting God to do anything, he needs you and I to stand up and challenge the system and even if we do not live to experience the outcome of our struggles, but surely our kids and generations to come will.

Nigeria can be better. It can still work. We are just unfortunate to have wicked men in power. They see the poverty, they see the pain, but they are more concerned about how much they can steal and store for themselves.

I tell you today, our government DONT CARE!

This country is really sinking. I tell you, if we all do nothing, we will be worst than the combination of Zimbabwe, Somalia and Haiti in a few years time.

We need to stand up. We need a voice. We can.. Enough is enough #ourmumudondo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by psucc(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2017
Nobody cares because those who used to ferment trouble are now in power.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by orisa37: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2017
Apart from B.A.Z.O.(Bello, Awo, Zik & Obj), I'm yet to experience any other with the Light to Govern Nigeria for Good. The rest have bungled and are still bungling. They lack The Discerning Minds and are easily bamboozled by Politicians of Timbers and Calibres.

Please, for progress and posterity, 2018 should begin with Full Autonomy granted the 36 States with regards to Resource Control, Internal Security Police Control and Electioneering Control. Let them contribute 10% of their respective earnings to maintain Federal Government.
Also F.G's Sphere of Authority and Responsibilities should be ristricted to Foreign Affairs and Military.
I pray that The Presidency and The NASS of Saraki's and Dogara's Era will achieve this in 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by Yupng: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
orisa37:
Apart from B.A.Z.O.(Bello, Awo, Zik & Obj), I'm yet to experience any other with the Light to Govern Nigeria for Good. The rest have bungled and are still bungling. They lack The Discerning Minds and are easily bamboozled by Politicians of Timbers and Calibres.

Please, for progress and posterity, 2018 should begin with Full Autonomy granted the 36 States with regards to Resource Control, Internal Security Police Control and Electioneering Control. Let them contribute 10% of their respective earnings to maintain Federal Government.
Also F.G's Sphere of Authority and Responsibilities should be ristricted to Foreign Affairs and Military.
I pray that The Presidency and The NASS of Saraki's and Dogara's Era will achieve this in 2018.

It will remain business as usual, not until the people standup and say NO. They recycle themselves and portion the government among themselves and no wonder someone like Atiku thinks he is fit to lead.

The only way a viable change can emerge is if the system is disrupted. A sudden change hitting the statuesque. The people are still sleeping, when we awake, the glory of our nation will light up.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by funlord(m): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
Naija na boat?
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by porka: 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
Yupng:

It will remain business as usual, not until the people standup and say NO. They recycle themselves and portion the government among themselves and no wonder someone like Atiku thinks he is fit to lead.

The only way a viable change can emerge is if the system is disrupted. A sudden change hitting the statuesque. The people are still sleeping, when we awake, the glory of our nation will light up.

Another disruption?

What other form of sudden change are you advocating than the total, evil, backward change already experienced?
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by porka: 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2017
psucc:
Nobody cares because those who used to ferment trouble are now in power.

They were successful at packaging mediocrity and A-list failures to brainwash their hapless followers.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by Yupng: 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
porka:

Another disruption?

What other form of sudden change are you advocating than the total, evil, backward change already experienced?

To ignite the right change this time, is for you and I to standup to the system and compel those in power to do what is demanded of them. All over the world, governments are compelled to listen to the people, but here in nigeria, the people are corwards and are locked up in fear and mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by frankyychiji(f): 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
orisa37:

OBJ? How are old are you?
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by slimfit1(m): 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
Can one tree make a forest two face need to protect his family that means keeping himself alive. If he get the backing of the poor surely you will see changes. Why are the poor not coming out that is the question Abiola' s struggle has tought us a lesson. He struggled for this country someone else is benefiting from his struggle. Till today we have not shown his family any level of appreciation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by Yupng: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
slimfit1:
Can one tree make a forest two face need to protect his family that means keeping himself alive. If he get the backing of the poor surely you will see changes. Why are the poor not coming out that is the question Abiola' s struggle has tought us a lesson. He struggled for this country someone else is benefiting from his struggle. Till today we have not shown his family any level of appreciation.

The poor, the less privileged, the oppressed, the voiceless ; how can they fight the statuesque and be heard without a voice or some figure with influence ? They need a voice. 2face is voice that will resonate. Is this same mentality of I don't want to go against the system that has kept us all here and make our celebrities only glue to instagram contest and kpangolo music.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by slimfit1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
Yupng:

The poor, the less privileged, the oppressed, the voiceless ; how can they fight the statuesque and be heard without a voice or some figure with influence ? They need a voice. 2face is voice that will resonate. Is this same mentality of I don't want to go against the system that has kept us all here and make our celebrities only glue to instagram contest and kpangolo music.

When people are ready they will start with chairman, councillors and legislators.

We have to be clever with our approach not attacking the wrong people. Mumuness done do how many people supported Charlie boy please tell us.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
Yupng:

It is funny when i hear young folks cry out about the country and their only solution is to get a visa and migrate. How selfish can that be? You run away, i run away, we go abroad and we become second class citizens.

Some people just want to eat shit work and die, no vision or dreams.

the western world is a good place to do this

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by Yupng: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
TheCabal:

Some people just want to eat shit work and die, no vision or dreams.

the western world is a good place to do this

What a mindset.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by otosa(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
orisa37:

except we take a step on this, we need a mega campaign for this. We need to mobilise people, because these our leaders are not take us serious. In fact they believe that Nigeria belong to only them.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by zombieTRACKER: 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2017
we they yorubas will gladly suffer and smile as long as buhari is running and chopping things..

we flooded the streets when fuel was 145 by the otuoke drunk... but today we don't bother
it's buhari cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
......and the world is matching on grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by orisa37: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
I'm older than OBJ.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by UncleJudax(m): 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
There will Always be a Country that is, so corrupt, Divided, hate-filled and Backward...

It appears Nigeria wants to remain bleeped eternally.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking And No One Seems To Care. by otokx(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
Nigerians like it that way.

(1) (Reply)

Fr. Mbaka And The Voice Of God By Reuben  Abati / Kaduna Dry Sea Port. What It Means And ulterior Motive. / Northern Christians Plead With International Organisations To Help Remove Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.