Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Aliko And The 40 Indians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliko And The 40 Indians (706 Views)

‘free El-zakzaky’, Indians Protest At Nigerian Embassy (photos) / Indians Welcome Zakzaky Medical Tourism To Their Country / The 40+ Historical Issues Tackled By The Buhari Government By Zara Gift Onyinye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko And The 40 Indians by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
By Toyin Akinosho

Re: Aliko And The 40 Indians by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
I
Re: Aliko And The 40 Indians by gbogboti: 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
FRONT PAGE ASAP
Re: Aliko And The 40 Indians by PapaBrowne(m): 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2017
The writer should just gerraout!!

Last year, when the dollar price spiked, I opted to construct locally a machine I would typically import.
I got a machine fabricator who constructed a whole lot other machines. He had an array of machines he had constructed and had a long list of customers. He was proud of his work.

I told him the machine I needed required some in depth technical understanding. I queried his understanding of DELTA T in the determination of heating points and he was lost. I knew I’d have a problem, but I went ahead. I promised to pay 30% higher if he does a good job. He was confident he would. I gave him videos and gave him good suggestions on how to ensure it pans out well.

To cut the long story short. He constructed rubbish that cost me millions. Never worked properly. Used it 2 times. It’s a relic.

I bought a new machine from China. Told the engineers what I wanted via email. They sent me a drawing for confirmation. In 2 weeks, they sent me a test video. Shipped in the machine afterwards. It has served me for over 1 year. Not a single issue.

Government can do local content. Private sector is not compelled to.

3 Likes

Re: Aliko And The 40 Indians by NCP: 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
@OP/Journalist, Una don start again, abi?

Leave Dangote and him investments alone. If una want, go and open ya own refinery, employ local content to the tune of 100%.

Perpetual saboteurs on payroll.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

As 2017 Winds Up, Imo People Still Desirous For The Return Of Pdp Back To Power. / Wike Climed Into The Government Seat Over Dead Bodies / Chief Assam E. Assam Blasts Akpabio Over Udom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.