|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,888,757 members, 6,945,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 03 July 2022 at 04:26 PM
|6 Simple Ways To Get Rid Of Pimples by hennyholla17(m): 3:14am On Dec 27, 2017|
Pimples are normal natural skin conditions that occur in every human. Pimples are an inflammation of the skin in which the sebaceous glands (oil glands) become infected with bacteria , swell up, and get filled with pus. They are also known as spots or zits by Americans. They mostly occur in puberty but can occur at any age. Amid puberty, hormone generation changes. This can cause the sebaceous glands, situated at the base of hair follicles, to end up plainly overactive. Thus, pimples are well on the way to happen amid the adolescent years and around monthly cycle, for ladies.
Although they might appear small on the skin, they have a huge effect on the individuals affected. They seem to take forever to be gotten rid of and may sometimes have some side effects. Most teenagers lack confidence and self esteem when there is a big pimple pointing out of their forehead (you can't blame them). Pimples most often affect the face, back, chest, and shoulders. This is because there are many sebaceous glands in these parts of the body.
There are many drugs and lotions in the market that can help you get rid of pimples but they may take a while.
Meanwhile, let us take a look at the simplest and easiest ways to remove pimples
1. Ice: Ice is ana amazing remedy for many injuries. The application of ice to injuries is called cold therapy. Ice reduces swelling by restricting or impeding the flow of blood in the affected area. It also helps in removing pus and dirt that are already accommodated in that area. You can use ground ice or ice cubes. Wrap the ice in a small piece of cloth and rub it everyday for about 2 minutes, take a break and rub it again. Repeat the same steps five times and you will see an improvement.
2. Toothpaste: Yes, toothpaste. The toothpaste you use every morning in brushing your teeth is a good remedy for pimples. This works well after rubbing the ice. Note that not all toothpastes work for pimples. The toothpastes that are more reliable are the white ones like MacLean, oral B, Colgate and many more...avoid using GEL! Take a little scoop of toothpaste with your finger every night before going to bed and apply on the infected part.
3. Garlic: Finally, garlic is useful. Remember all those garlics you asked your mom not to add in your food? Put them into action now. Garlics are multi purpose when it comes to health and skin care. They antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial, antiseptic and antioxidant. Why is this possible? Garlic contains sulphur which is antifungal, antiviral, antiseptic and antioxidant.
4. Steam: Steam is very good for your akin in almost all conditions. It opens the pores of your akin and allows fresh air for breathing. This opening helps ti get rid if dirt, bacteria or oil that may cause inflammation and lead to formation of pimples.
5. Honey: Honey is a natural source of antibiotics that speeds up the healing process. Dab a bit if honey on a cotton wool and apply.
6. Cucumber: Cucumber is a rich source of potassium and vitamins such as A, C and E. It also has a cooling and soothing effect on the skin. That's why they are mostly used in spas.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46