Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Mbappe: Ronaldo Was My Childhood Idol - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mbappe: Ronaldo Was My Childhood Idol (274 Views)

Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me / Georgina Rodriguez: My First Meeting With Ronaldo Was Love At First Sight / FIFA Men's Player Of The Year Nominees: Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Among (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mbappe: Ronaldo Was My Childhood Idol by itzblessed: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
Kylian Mbappe has told Marca that Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo was his "idol" as a child but hopes he and his Paris Saint-Germain teammates can "send a message to the world" by scoring a landmark Champions League win at the home of the club that also tried to sign him last summer.

The 19-year-old joined PSG on a season-long loan from Monaco in August after scoring 27 goals in all competitions last season, with the French giants holding a mandatory purchase clause.

Champions League holders Real showed a strong interest in the France international and Mbappe told Marca: "There were a lot of transfer rumours, it's true that we spoke, but I think that is now in the past for me and for Real Madrid. Now I play at PSG and I'm going to defend these colours 100 percent.

"I chose PSG because it's the team of my city, it's like if a madrileno [Madrid born] boy of [Real] Madrid has the opportunity to play for his team and goes elsewhere, to another country. I wanted to play for PSG and I'm very happy with how things are going."

Mbappe believes his team can overtake Real and become "the best team in the world."

He said: "I'm very young. There's time but as I say, I want to play in the best team in the world in the future and I believe PSG has everything to achieve that. If this team grows with me, there is no reason to leave."

PSG have invested heavily in their team since Nasser Al-Khelaifi bought the club in 2011, notably in world-record signing Neymar and Mbappe last summer.

"Real have dominated football in recent years but it's not just them now," Mbappe said. "There are other big teams, like [Manchester] City, Juventus, Bayern [Munich] and we are also there. But I believe the team that wins our tie will be clear favourites to win the Champions League. If we are capable of eliminating Real then the other teams will fear us."... <<< read more >>> @ www.galatixnews.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Rohr Excited With England Friendly / Video : Manchester City 1 -2 Liverpool ( Goals Highlights ) / UCL: Liverpool Advance Past Man City Into Semis As Roma Stun Barca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.