Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari (548 Views)

Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola / Residents In Imo Refuses The Renaming Of Road After Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by metronaija: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
The Imo government has denied renaming Assumpta Avenue in Owerri, the state capital, after Muhammadu Buhari.

A statement by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo on Wednesday in Owerri described it as misinformation from the opposition parties.

The statement quoted the Governor, Rochas Okorocha, as saying that President Muhammadu Buhari road began from Government House Roundabout, Owerri and terminated at Warehouse Roundabout.

Okorocha said that the purported claim was to create impression of misunderstanding between the catholic faithful and the government.

He also said Imo government was not in any war with Catholic Church and urged mischief makers to desist from creating tension in the state.

According to the statement, the government was shocked when some youths destroyed a brick with the inscription Muhammadu Buhari road at the popular Assumpta Roundabout on Tuesday.

The youths claimed that Gov. Okorocha was planning to rename the road after President Muhammadu Buhari.

http://www.metronaija.ng/imo-govt-denies-renaming-street-buhari/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by zionmade1: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
Chaiiiiii
The devil needs 6 months lying internship under APC to upgrade his lying skills.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by BudeYahooCom: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
okoroaboki I dare you to rename Assumpta after Muhammad dumbohari. I want you to destroy yourself.

When I read it few days ago, I gave thanks to God that you are about run mad on the streets of Owerri.

Ekwensu aburu onu!

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by Ezeakanobi: 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
Fear don catches the statue governor.

No idiotic idiot fights with the Catholic Church and wins

Onye ara

4 Likes

Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by BLACKdagger: 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
So na who we go bliv
Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by Richdotcom: 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
zionmade1:
Chaiiiiii
The devil needs 6 months lying internship under APC to upgrade his lying skills.

This got me cracked up
Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by BudeYahooCom: 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ezeakanobi:
Fear don catches the statue governor.

One ara

Kikikikiki every mad man sabi him boundary. I bin think say okoroaboki no sabi him own.

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
This government of okorocha can lie ooooh... Plz chief press sec can u explain this?

2 Likes

Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by Annie939(f): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
ndi ala

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by zombieTRACKER: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
what exactly did buhari do in IMO state to warrant a street being named after him....

who the gods wants to kill
they first make mad
roaches is mad already
Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by coluka: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
Okorocha is mad!!!!
Re: Imo Govt Denies Renaming Street After Buhari by SalamRushdie: 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Kikikikiki every mad man sabi him boundary. I bin think say okoroaboki no sabi him own.

grin grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Appoints 239th Assistant / Apc Loses 5000 Members To PDP In Delta State / Taraba Traditional Ruler Killed, As Herdsmen Struck Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.