Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity (23236 Views)

FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Fuel Scarcity Looms As FG, Oil Marketers Disagree On Pricing / Kachikwu To Baru: Don’t Embarrass FG, End Fuel Queues Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Vivere: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2017
Nasir123:

Illegality or not.
My point is,give these guys the license and see what they can do.
Stop this "no one can do it except expatriate" mentality. If u give these guys the chance why you do the monitoring, you'll be amaze of what Nigerians can do.

God bless Nigeria.
Give them a license to do what? Steal more crude? Or pollute the environment? There are processes for obtaining a license to set up a private refinery. Let them follow it and get one, if they are interested in doing the right thing. Nobody dashes out licenses!
Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Vivere: 9:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
These questions are what you should bombard FG with if you really wish to know

Then don't forget to ask him what better alternative he used in ameliorating the problems abi do you think that good governance is all about identifying problems
undecided
SMH
See this one. You made big claims. Now that you were asked to substantiate it, you are dodging the issue like a headless chicken. Go back and read what you just wrote. Does it make sense, even to you? You want FG to be bombarded with questions, when they were not the ones who set up the illegal refineries, in the first place. In your view, good governance is about supporting those who steal crude and refine it illegally. Smh...
Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Nasir123(m): 11:53am On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

Give them a license to do what? Steal more crude? Or pollute the environment? There are processes for obtaining a license to set up a private refinery. Let them follow it and get one, if they are interested in doing the right thing. Nobody dashes out licenses!

I see.
Tell me one thing that is easy to get by the common man in this country?
You want a job,your brother must be a commissioner. You are qualify for a contract, but you need somebody from the Senate/house of rep. Are your sure you're in Nigeria?
Let me tell you something (not this easy talk you're given out). The present policy of these modular refineries is in a right direction even if we'll still want the government to do more. People like you should not denigrate it simply because you're not comfortable with it.
Those so cald elite have no right to the resources of this country than the ordinary people like us. So stop this ranting of people taking something that's not yours.
Bring them together, give them some more training and license them to stat doing their job.
Must every body be in Abuja?
Must we all work in government?
What are u doing to those who are not educated?.. Oh! I see.. They don't deserve to exist.
You're not doing anything to help,but you always complained about those doing something for themselves to live. What right do u have?

We can't be the same,and we will never be the same.
Just do the needful.
Good day.
Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Vivere: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2017
Nasir123:
I see.
Tell me one thing that is easy to get by the common man in this country?
You want a job,your brother must be a commissioner. You are qualify for a contract, but you need somebody from the Senate/house of rep. Are your sure you're in Nigeria?
Let me tell you something (not this easy talk you're given out). The present policy of these modular refineries is in a right direction even if we'll still want the government to do more. People like you should not denigrate it simply because you're not comfortable with it.
Those so cald elite have no right to the resources of this country than the ordinary people like us. So stop this ranting of people taking something that's not yours.
Bring them together, give them some more training and license them to stat doing their job.
Must every body be in Abuja?
Must we all work in government?
What are u doing to those who are not educated?.. Oh! I see.. They don't deserve to exist.
You're not doing anything to help,but you always complained about those doing something for themselves to live. What right do u have?

We can't be the same,and we will never be the same.
Just do the needful.
Good day.

Oga, I asked a simple question but you chose to digress and recite an epistle. Nobody said everyone should get a job in Abuja or that they should all work fir govt., or whatever it was you were ranting about. sad

There are lots of legal small scale legit businesses, you can do to fend for yourself, without breaking any laws. Stop trying to justify stealing of crude and illegal refining, by trying to drum up support for it. Illegal refining, is nothing but criminality. Period.
Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

See this one. You made big claims. Now that you were asked to substantiate it, you are dodging the issue like a headless chicken. Go back and read what you just wrote. Does it make sense, even to you? You want FG to be bombarded with questions, when they were not the ones who set up the illegal refineries, in the first place. In your view, good governance is about supporting those who steal crude and refine it illegally. Smh...
Guy go and do assigments on how to turn problems into solution then come back for lectures

I will tutor you on a how to make a healthy nation, turning misfortunes to fortunes 111 to be precise

If you are lucky, that is if you impress me I might also give you lectures on long and short term decision making.

But if after these lectures you remain the way you are then your case is irredeemable, it simple means that you can't be a leader cause the blind cannot lead the blinds

Goodluck Dear

1 Like

Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Vivere: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Guy go and do assigments on how to turn problems into solution then come back for lectures

I will tutor you on a how to make a healthy nation, turning misfortunes to fortunes 111 to be precise

If you are lucky, that is if you impress me I might also give you lectures on long and short term decision making.

But if after these lectures you remain the way you are then your case is irredeemable, it simple means that you can't be a leader cause the blind cannot lead the blinds

Goodluck Dear
Take your own advice first, and ask God to dash you sense. Getting solutions to problems, does not mean justifying criminality or trying to turn illegality into a legit business. Listen and learn.
Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

No one is say that criminality should be awarded but use our resources wisely

That is why some people are refered to as wise and behaviour worthy of emulation

Goverment could have taken over those illegal refineries instead of destroying them. Now the same government want to build from the scratch

It would saved resources, time, energy and even this embarrassment called fuel scarcity

Government would make money and fuel will be cheaper because the rate produce in Nigeria will be far cheaper than importing

In the end, government is happy and so also the masses

You don't have to result to an insult when you have nothing important to say

Goodday

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Vivere: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

That is why some people are refered to as wise and behaviour worthy of emulation

Goverment could have taken over those illegal refineries instead of destroying them. Now the same government want to build from the scratch

It would saved resources, time, energy and even this embarrassment called fuel scarcity

Government would make money and fuel will be cheaper because the rate produce in Nigeria will be far cheaper than importing

Goodday

Were you a comedian in your former life? You want govt to take over those illegal contraptions called "refineries " and convert them to legal equipment/entity. Which kind of "resources, time, energy and fuel scarcity" would it save?

Those illegal contraptions have never produced PMS, and can never produce petrol! So far, they have only managed to produce sub standard, fake, corrosive diesel that knocks engines, and destroys valuable machinery, in addition to polluting the environment! So what part of those illegal contraptions, is govt supposed to take over?

If govt agrees to this hare brained request, tomorrow any body can wake up and set up any illegal refinery or illegal pharmacy anywhere, and then ask govt to legitimise it, because it would save time and resources...smh.
Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by ODUBEZE: 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Goodday
Don't bother yourself with that one. He will never learn.

Na BMC dey worry am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity by Nasir123(m): 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

Oga, I asked a simple question but you chose to digress and recite an epistle. Nobody said everyone should get a job in Abuja or that they should all work fir govt., or whatever it was you were ranting about. sad

There are lots of legal small scale legit businesses, you can do to fend for yourself, without breaking any laws. Stop trying to justify stealing of crude and illegal refining, by trying to drum up support for it. Illegal refining, is nothing but criminality. Period.

Who is breaking any law here?
Where are the legal job?

Its like we are in a different world here.
My point is;
Get thess people together,give some little training (don't forget,without your training they are already doing it) and give some license.
Is that too much to ask from a government that cant provide kerosene and fuel for his people?
I don't think so.
Nobody is encouraging criminality. But where a government had failed, u can turn negativity to positivity. Let's not forget these things is in their backyard.

I've heard you.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki: How Nigerians Can Prevent Election Rigging / Soludo's Inauguration Will Last 20 Minutes – Commissioner / Did Kaduna Tribunal Sack Uba Sani? (Fact Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.