Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,277 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. (15445 Views)

Leave Rivers State Alone, Ateke Tells Biafra Agitators / Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined / 'Leave Abia State Alone'- Abia Special Adviser To Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 1:46am On Apr 10, 2010
@cap28
whatever rivers state might be a shit hole! but it is still better thn the kapital of gana!

Accra it's sounds like the Akara- beans cake.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee is there any ghanaian in this room let me lecture you??
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 10, 2010
at least those Ghanaians know where their president is
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Oba234: 3:58am On Apr 10, 2010
well let's see according to the CIA fact book. 70% of nigerians live below the poverty level. You google it yourself. I google Ghana and it says 28.5% of the population live below the poverty level. Chai, Nigeria is on Haiti's level because in Haiti, 80% of the population live below the poverty level. 80 or 70 what is the difference? Let's stop lying to ourself. Whether GDP is high or not, 70% of the population is living below the poverty level. Another thing is that Ghana is safer than Nigeria which is why Ghana is having a booming tourism industry. America doesn't send their population to where is not safe, so Nigeria is not even consider a country that Americans should go. It's actually on the warning list on the state department website. I plan to study abroad this summer and i have never heard of a study abroad program in Nigeria from the US. The ones that the government allow their citizens to study in is GHANA, TANZANIA, SOUTHAFRICA, KENYA, EGYPT, SENEGAL, etc. Nigeria is not on the list. The point is Ghana is hanging with the big boys now. In the eyes of the rest of the world, Nigeria is a big country, but it's not respected. I have met a lot of people that travel abroad and I have never met a non nigerian that travel to Nigeria for fun, but I have met many whites and blacks and students in my school that have been to the countries listed just for fun or education.

1 Like

Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by DAVE5(m): 12:27am On Apr 11, 2010
@topic its not just about who is richer
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 1:05am On Apr 11, 2010
Are you guys MAD YOU GUYS JUST FEEL INFERIOR WHEREVER YOU SEE US!!!!!!!
WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE A LOOK AT THE BANKS YOU HAVE IN GHANA
GTB
INTERCONTINENTAL
UBA
FIDELITY
AND SO MUCH MORE UP TO 10 NIGERIAN BANKS YOU GUYS ARE JUST INGRATES!!! LIKE IT OR NOT EVEN AN AMERIACNA WILL TELL YOU WITHOUT THE HELP OF 9JA ghana IS NO WHERE! WE DEVELOPED YOUR ECONOMY NOW BKAUZ OF THE SMALL CHANGE YOU HAVE YOU GUYS ARE FLABBIN"
HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THE SAYIN' IF IT AIN'T ABOUT MONEY YOU AIN'T SAYIN NOTHING
WHAT IS YOUR GDP??
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 1:35am On Apr 11, 2010
Oba234:

well let's see according to the CIA fact book. 70% of nigerians live below the poverty level. You google it yourself. I google Ghana and it says 28.5% of the population live below the poverty level. Chai, Nigeria is on Haiti's level because in Haiti, 80% of the population live below the poverty level. 80 or 70 what is the difference? Let's stop lying to ourself. Whether GDP is high or not, 70% of the population is living below the poverty level. Another thing is that Ghana is safer than Nigeria which is why Ghana is having a booming tourism industry. America doesn't send their population to where is not safe, so Nigeria is not even consider a country that Americans should go. It's actually on the warning list on the state department website. I plan to study abroad this summer and i have never heard of a study abroad program in Nigeria from the US. The ones that the government allow their citizens to study in is GHANA, TANZANIA, SOUTHAFRICA, KENYA, EGYPT, SENEGAL,

NOW I CAN SEE YOU ARE DUMB LOL! OUT OF THE COUNTRIES YOU LISTED WHICH ONE OF THEM IS GREATER THAN NIGERIA? APART FROM EGYPT! WELL NOT THAT GREAT. KAUZ WE ALL KNOW SOUTH AFRICA IS RUN BY WHITES
YOU SHOULD HAVE TIME TO FInK GUY! EVEN THE SO CALLED SCHOOLS YOU HAVE IN GHANA BE IT BY AMERICANS OR YOU GUYS!! CHECK THE POPULATION OF THE SCHOOL HALF ARE PRETTY NIGERIANS. \EVEN MOST OF THE SCHOOLS YOU HAVE IN GHANA ARE DOMINATED BY NIGERIANS BECAUSE ONLY FEW GHANIANS KAN AFFORD TO PAY THE FEES WHICH IS CHICKEN CHANGE TO WE AND THE MONEY WE PAY HELPS YOUR GOVT IF YOU DON'T NEED OUR HELP WHY DO ACCEPT THE MONEY AND OFFER ADMISSIONS TO OUR STUDENTS?
AND YO SHOULD FINISH YOUR RESEARCHES VERY WELL I FINK YOU FORGOT AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF YOLA!

TALKIN ABOUT SAFE ARE YOU SAYIN KENYA IS SAFER THAN NIGERIA OR SOUTH AFRICA? I THINK YOU LISTEN TO NEWS FREQUENTLY! OR CHECK PEACE ON WIKIPEDIA TO KNOW THAT!
THE GDP OF THE CIA FACT BOOK YOU SAW MUST BE OLD GET UR BRAIN UPGRADED GUY! YOU DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL OUT TO STUDY WITH AN HAVE DONE BRAIN!!
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 1:43am On Apr 11, 2010
Oba234:

well let's see according to the CIA fact book. 70% of nigerians live below the poverty level. You google it yourself. I google Ghana and it says 28.5% of the population live below the poverty level. Chai, Nigeria is on Haiti's level because in Haiti, 80% of the population live below the poverty level. 80 or 70 what is the difference? Let's stop lying to ourself. Whether GDP is high or not, 70% of the population is living below the poverty level. Another thing is that Ghana is safer than Nigeria which is why Ghana is having a booming tourism industry. America doesn't send their population to where is not safe, so Nigeria is not even consider a country that Americans should go. It's actually on the warning list on the state department website. I plan to study abroad this summer and i have never heard of a study abroad program in Nigeria from the US. The ones that the government allow their citizens to study in is GHANA, TANZANIA, SOUTHAFRICA, KENYA, EGYPT, SENEGAL, etc. Nigeria is not on the list. The point is Ghana is hanging with the big boys now.  In the eyes of the rest of the world, Nigeria is a big country, but it's not respected. I have met a lot of people that travel abroad and I have never met a non nigerian that travel to Nigeria for fun, but I have met many whites and blacks and students in my school that have been to the countries listed just for fun or education.

NOW I CAN SEE YOU ARE DUMB LOL! OUT OF THE COUNTRIES YOU LISTED WHICH ONE OF THEM IS GREATER THAN NIGERIA?HuhHuhHuh APART FROM EGYPT! WELL NOT THAT GREAT. KAUZ WE ALL KNOW SOUTH AFRICA IS RUN BY WHITES
YOU SHOULD HAVE TIME TO FInK GUY! EVEN THE SO CALLED SCHOOLS YOU  HAVE IN GHANA BE IT BY AMERICANS OR YOU GUYS!! CHECK THE POPULATION OF THE SCHOOL HALF ARE PRETTY NIGERIANS. \EVEN MOST OF THE SCHOOLS YOU HAVE IN GHANA ARE DOMINATED BY NIGERIANS BECAUSE ONLY FEW GHANIANS KAN AFFORD TO PAY THE FEES WHICH IS CHICKEN CHANGE TO WE AND THE MONEY WE PAY HELPS YOUR GOVT IF YOU DON'T NEED OUR HELP WHY DO ACCEPT THE MONEY AND OFFER ADMISSIONS TO OUR STUDENTS?HuhHuhHuh
AND YO SHOULD FINISH YOUR RESEARCHES VERY WELL I FINK YOU FORGOT AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF YOLA!

TALKIN ABOUT SAFE ARE YOU SAYIN KENYA IS SAFER THAN NIGERIA OR SOUTH AFRICA?HuhHuhHuhHuh I THINK YOU LISTEN TO NEWS FREQUENTLY! OR CHECK PEACE ON WIKIPEDIA TO KNOW THAT!
THE GDP OF THE CIA FACT BOOK YOU SAW MUST BE OLD GET your BRAIN UPGRADED GUY! YOU DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL OUT TO STUDY WITH AN HAVE DONE BRAIN!!
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by OneNaija(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2010
Sometime I wonder if Nairaland a truly Nigeria Forum, I live in Ghana for more than three Years because I work here in a Nigerian Company. I have live in most Europe and Africa country, Let forget the fact I am from Nigeria, I don’t see the reason why comparing a Great Nation of Nigeria to a little peanut country like Ghana. I keep wondering here if Nairaland in fact a Nigeria Forum, I agree most poor Nigerians are angry about the Situation in Nigeria but that does not mean you will point a finger and turn around insulting your beloved country, Even Iraq, Somalia or Sudan I have never heard discussing how bad their country is but always praise it. I live in Ghana and the Light Situation is devastated after the Discovering of Oil. There Citizen are very poor if not for Nigeria Company and Banks sector employing their youth and other meaningful Nigerians here in Ghana it could have be worst.

I will like you guys to travels and see yourself before commenting, Don’t let anyone deceive you that the light here is stable all is bullshit, I am always in Nigeria every week because I love my country and beside Lagos. If you go to skyscrapercity.com and find out the Development going on in Nigeria then you will change your mind of bad impression of your country. Ghana can’t be compare to a country like Nigeria, I never like to come to Nairaland for some reason because most people’s here are outsider and spoiling the mind of Nigerians here to hate their country. Kenya is more corrupt than Nigeria but have you ever heard of Kenya going out insulting their country? NO because most time you Nigerians are very lazy and so tired to work hard to fight for something that belongs to you. I love my country and can’t be compare to Ghana that is suffering if any single Nigeria leave. 70% of companies here belong to Nigerians. Please stop this for Christ sake. Appreciate what you have and travels for yourself, go to places I will mention to know Ghana can’t be compare to a city like Port Harcourt. Nima, Madina, Taifa, Adenta and a lot more in the city of Accra. Nairaland is fake forum please Nigerians please try and visit Skyscraper city where you will see a lot of Nigerians helping matter to change the bad Impression outsider feel about Nigeria. Thanks.
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by DAVE5(m): 11:59am On Apr 11, 2010
@Ruq i aint ghananian incase u think i am.i am a full flegded naija guy
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2010
@D.A.V.E alright! but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee never support A COUNTRY LIKE GHANA to Naija abegggggggggggg
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2010
OneNaija:

Sometime I wonder if Nairaland a truly Nigeria Forum, I live in Ghana for more than three Years because I work here in a Nigerian Company. I have live in most Europe and Africa country, Let forget the fact I am from Nigeria, I don’t see the reason why comparing a Great Nation of Nigeria to a little peanut country like Ghana. I keep wondering here if Nairaland in fact a Nigeria Forum, I agree most poor Nigerians are angry about the Situation in Nigeria but that does not mean you will point a finger and turn around insulting your beloved country, Even Iraq, Somalia or Sudan I have never heard discussing how bad their country is but always praise it. I live in Ghana and the Light Situation is devastated after the Discovering of Oil. There Citizen are very poor if not for Nigeria Company and Banks sector employing their youth and other meaningful Nigerians here in Ghana it could have be worst.

I will like you guys to travels and see yourself before commenting, Don’t let anyone deceive you that the light here is stable all is bullshit, I am always in Nigeria every week because I love my country and beside Lagos. If you go to skyscrapercity.com and find out the Development going on in Nigeria then you will change your mind of bad impression of your country. Ghana can’t be compare to a country like Nigeria, I never like to come to Nairaland for some reason because most people’s here are outsider and spoiling the mind of Nigerians here to hate their country. Kenya is more corrupt than Nigeria but have you ever heard of Kenya going out insulting their country?  NO because most time you Nigerians are very lazy and so tired to work hard to fight for something that belongs to you. I love my country and can’t be compare to Ghana that is suffering if any single Nigeria leave. 70% of companies here belong to Nigerians. Please stop this for Christ sake. Appreciate what you have and travels for yourself, go to places I will mention to know Ghana can’t be compare to a city like Port Harcourt.   Nima, Madina, Taifa, Adenta and a lot more in the city of Accra.  Nairaland is fake forum please Nigerians please try and visit Skyscraper city where you will see a lot of Nigerians helping matter to change the bad Impression outsider feel about Nigeria. Thanks.

Thanks a lot i've been wantin' people to stop believing a country like ghana is better than All Mighty Nigeria Thank you verry much for this info am joinin Skyscraper Now Thanks alot OneNaija
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by adconline(m): 9:13pm On Apr 11, 2010
this is economics gone awry. Equitorial Guinea has a higher GDP than UK, France and Germany, but also with many people living with less than 2 dollars a day. Does this mean that Equitorial Guinea is better than Germany. Go figure since it's a rocket science.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html
30 Equatorial Guinea $ 36,600 2009 est. 

31 Denmark $ 36,000 2009 est. 

32 Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) $ 35,400 2002 est. 

33 Greenland $ 35,400 2007 est. 

34 United Kingdom $ 35,200 2009 est. 

35 Isle of Man $ 35,000 2005 est. 

36 Finland $ 34,900 2009 est. 

37 Germany $ 34,100 2009 est. 

38 Spain $ 33,700 2009 est. 

39 Macau $ 33,000 2009 

40 France $ 32,800 2009 est. 

41 European Union $ 32,600 2009 est. 

42 Japan
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by londoner: 9:18pm On Apr 11, 2010
@Ruq, being patriotic is one thing, but being delusional about what state Nigeria as a country is in right now is doing a disservice to the country as a citizen.

Can you please explain what is so "almighty" about Nigeria? In FACTS, not sentiment?

There is nothing almighty about it in a positive sense we have almighty corruption, lawlessness, "chop I chop" etc. The country is failing. Take Ghana out of the picture, Nigeria is failing its citizens in EVERY sector.

We have all the resources to be mighty, both mineral and human capital wise, the FACTS on the ground are far from that. That is not the fault of Ghana or any other country. Puffing up the chest is not a reflection of progress if you cant back it up with cold hard facts. Its good to love your country no matter the state it is in, just like you would a loved family member, but to ignore the sickness means you are in denial.

In the same breath I would say alot of what people say about Ghana being so exceptional does not hold up to hard evidence when you visit there either.
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by adconline(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2010
Nairaland is fake forum please Nigerians please try and visit Skyscraper city where you will see a lot of Nigerians helping matter to change the bad Impression outsider feel about Nigeria. Thanks.
Cos it's easier to dream and imagine of Niaja with beautiful skycrapers than to build one. Time for dreaming is over. Put your shovel where your imaginations and dreams are .
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by londoner: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2010
Skyscrapercity.com is a brilliant site to see some of the things being done on ground in Nigeria and plans for the future. I check that site daily, its very educative.
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2010
londoner:

@Ruq, being patriotic is one thing, but being delusional about what state Nigeria as a country is in right now is doing a disservice to the country as a citizen.

Can you please explain what is so "almighty" about Nigeria? In FACTS, not sentiment?

There is nothing almighty about it in a positive sense we have almighty corruption, lawlessness, "chop I chop" etc. The country is failing. Take Ghana out of the picture, Nigeria is failing its citizens in EVERY sector.

We have all the resources to be mighty, both mineral and human capital wise, the FACTS on the ground are far from that. That is not the fault of Ghana or any other country. Puffing up the chest is not a reflection of progress if you cant back it up with cold hard facts. Its good to love your country no matter the state it is in, just like you would a loved family member, but to ignore the sickness means you are in denial.

In the same breath I would say alot of what people say about Ghana being so exceptional does not hold up to hard evidence when you visit there either.

Thanks a lot Londoner! I just get angry when Ghanaians compare their country with us! it pisses me off bkauz this same country got to where it is because of Nigerians!

I know we have been let down a lot of times but that doesn't mean we should lose our Value even if we have! it doesn't mean a country like Ghana should boast to Us!

I know it will might take long but with people like You "I Mean bkauz You Sound like someone with a positive view" Naija can't Help but to be Great!
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2010
That's why i like Nigeria. Like Londoner said! Ghana is at it best now while we are still struggling Just Imagine us at ur best no matter how long it takes.

there's one thing you should know. LOOK AT ALL THE PROBLEMS NIGERIA AS CURRENTLY IT IS JUST TO MUCH TO NAME I WON'T FINISH IF I START LISTING AND STILL WE ARE STILL SURVIVING it no matter what it is!

JUST IMAGINE IF GHANA UNDERGO ALL THIS PROBLEMS AM SURE WHAT WE THEY WILL HAVE LEFT IS RUINS!

SO PLEASE STOP COMPARING US TOGETHER FOR GOD'S SAKE! WE ARE WAY PASS YOUR GUYS!
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by paddylo1(m): 12:36am On Apr 12, 2010
Cos it's easier to dream and imagine of Niaja with beautiful skycrapers than to build one.  Time for dreaming is over. Put your shovel where your imaginations and dreams are .
Dream u say?. . . .are u retarded or something, well this is [size=14pt]Lagos Nigeria in 2010,[/size]
This is Just one Nigerian city, dont make me bring out the big bad Abuja, but can u show me any city in Ghana with a better skyline?
and Lagos Skyline is consistently rated as top 3 in Africa, if u dont know, and will only get better from here

Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by paddylo1(m): 12:52am On Apr 12, 2010
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 1:19am On Apr 12, 2010
@paddy_lo Thanks for that I just want these people to learn that no matter what probs we are going through! they can't still meet us!

BUT paddy_lO THESE PICS REALLY SUCKED MY BYTES ANYWAYS THANKS!

Naija for life!!!!!!
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by adconline(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2010
Dream u say?. . . .are u retarded or something, well this is Lagos Nigeria in 2010,
This is Just one Nigerian city, dont make me bring out the big bad Abuja, but can u show me any city in Ghana with a better skyline?
and Lagos Skyline is consistently rated as top 3 in Africa, if u dont know, and will only get better from here

U are the one sounding retarded here. Sao Paulo, Brazil has a better skyline than most cities in UK and US. Brookville, New York with no skyline is the richest town in the US with a per capita income of $84,375, while Sao Paul, Brazil has a per capita income of $14,263. Also New York City is the sky line capital of the US, but has a median income of $22,402 while Alexdria. Va has per capita income of $37,000, even though it has few skyscrapers.
Ghana beats Nigeria in HDI ranking. It's like saying that someone who lives in the tallest building in Lagos is more affluent than someone who lives in IBB's mansion or Mai Deribe's house. Get over this hysteria of Naija being the best in Africa, it is not and it is NOT going to be in the near future. Wait till IBB becomes president in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 12, 2010
^^
You are entirely missing the point. Nigeria does not need to wait for the so-called right person to become president before moving forward. Certainly it is ALREADY one of the largest economies in the world- no 33 -  not to talk about Africa.

Furthermore this post is about economic development and the potential for economic growth It is  not about which country is more tourist-friendly or about the proportion of citizens having access to social infrastructure important though these issues may be.

The best yardstick to use is the amount of foreign and domestic direct investment in both countries.
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2010
@adconline you are the dumb one! So beacause of an Higher HDI ghana is better  than Nigeria?

YOU ARE MORE DUMB! FOR THAT PLEASEEEE TELL ME OF THE DEVELOPMENTS MADE IN GHANA THAT WE DON'T ALREADY HAVE HERE?? YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID THEIRS IS FASTER! THOUGH FASTER THEY ARE STILL BEHIND!
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by adconline(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Rug
YOU ARE MORE DUMB! FOR THAT PLEASEEEE TELL ME OF THE DEVELOPMENTS MADE IN GHANA THAT WE DON'T ALREADY HAVE HERE?? YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID THEIRS IS FASTER! THOUGH FASTER THEY ARE STILL BEHIND!

So far, you have exhibited some dumbness that has no benchmark, same thing cannot be said of HDI. You and ur fellow ultra nationalists started off by quoting country's GDP, I quoted Equatorial Guinea that has higher National GDP than UK, Denmark, etc. You and fellow propagandists delved into skyline. Your realm of argument does not even fall within normative economics let alone positive econmics. I compared Sao Paulo in Brazil with a city in New York . The crux of the matter is that your and your fellow hallucinators have refused to debate facts but emotions and cheap blackmail. Put your facts out on how u would want development in Nigeria to be measured with that of Ghana. Nigerians live 15yrs shorter than Ghanaians, would you call that development?
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2010
Now I see ur Point "Empty" talk of development in ghana please name the most Famous companies in Ghana that you know! or Banks or Peolpe? its mainly nigerian even the best places you have ghana most of ghanians can afford it

AND YET YOU KLAIM TO SAY NIGERIA IS NOTHING WHEN WITHOUT NIGERIA GHANA IS NOTING you shoulg use more of wikipedia more to know ehere gahan falls on in the list of things!

if want to argue talk on issues like
POPULATION
GDP
EDUCATION
CITIES
ENTERTAINMENT
WRITERS
ATHLETES

YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE YOU FALL IN THESE LIST!

WHEN DID GHANA START GAINING RECOGNITION ISN'T IT WHEN YOU PARTNER WITH OTHERS ESP US
WHY DO GUYS LOOK FOR STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS WITH US IF YOU ARE SO THAT GREAT WHY NOT GO ON YOUR OWN TWERPS!

I GAT MORE THINGS TO SAY IF WANNA HEAR!! I THINK YOU SHOULD CHECK NIGERIA GHANA RELATIONSHIP ON WIKIPEDIA TO KNOW WHO HELPED THE MOST AND STOP PRATTLING!!!!!!!
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by londoner: 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2010
Ruq:

Now I see your Point "Empty" talk of development in ghana please name the most Famous companies in Ghana that you know! or Banks or Peolpe? its mainly nigerian even the best places you have ghana most of ghanians can afford it

AND YET YOU KLAIM TO SAY NIGERIA IS NOTHING WHEN WITHOUT NIGERIA GHANA IS NOTING you shoulg use more of wikipedia more to know ehere gahan falls on in the list of things!

if want to argue talk on issues like
POPULATION
GDP
EDUCATION
CITIES
ENTERTAINMENT
WRITERS
ATHLETES

YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE YOU FALL IN THESE LIST!

WHEN DID GHANA START GAINING RECOGNITION ISN'T IT WHEN YOU PARTNER WITH OTHERS ESP US
WHY DO GUYS LOOK FOR STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS WITH US IF YOU ARE SO THAT GREAT WHY NOT GO ON YOUR OWN TWERPS!

I GAT MORE THINGS TO SAY IF WANNA HEAR!! I THINK YOU SHOULD CHECK NIGERIA GHANA RELATIONSHIP ON WIKIPEDIA TO KNOW WHO HELPED THE MOST AND STOP PRATTLING!!!!!!!

@Ruq, can you please provide factual evidence of the success of the Nigerian nation of the above you pointed out. Also, wikipedia is not a reputable source of information at all. Look Nigeria is failing, ghana or no Ghana. Nigerian citizens are formidable at making a success, but it is not as a result of a successful nation, it is inspite of the opposite being true.
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by adconline(m): 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2010
Mr Rug, I see that there is no point arguing with you  cos you are close minded to facts and love propaganda. wikipedia is not a reliablle source. it seems that you have no idea what HDI really means.   Sam Jonah from Ghana was the first CEO of an African company (Asanti Gold)  to be listed on NYSE while  UBA was slapped with $15 million fines for breaking the laws of U.S just for opening a branch location in the U.S.  Some of your listed points are factored into a country's GDP and a Zenith Bank branch in Accra does not count toward Nigeria's GDP, but Ghana's
Go back to school and re-learn  some things, but then you sound like you are not amenable to teaching. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by londoner: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2010
@adconline, it is ANGLOashanti gold now, and if you look at the executive directors and all members of the board of the company you will see that it is not really a Ghanaian company at all there is not even one Ghanaian. The Gold mining industry in Ghana is owned by foreigners, mainly Australians and South Africans. I know, because my BF works for an Australian gold mine and it is the last one or one of the last to have once been owned by a Ghanaian.I have been there and all the very top jobs are reserved for Whites. At least with Nigerians doing things like Banking/insurance, we actually have our own in charge, even if it doesn't always end well.

With all the gold that Ghana produces, would you believe that all the government gets is a measly 3%.

1 Like

Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by Ruq: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2010
So are YOU  dumb! for not examinin you points i never said anything on Gdp others tallked about that.
Now am talkin on gdp on what you posted

look at the countries you stated i removed some acordin to what you compared!

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee think For your Brain's sake  

check the population of Equatorial Guinea to UK. UK- is about-62,041,708 ,Germany is about-81,757,600 ,France is about-65,447,374 and  Equatorial Guinea- just 676,000 and luckily for Guinea it is a rich country with small a population so what do EXPECT FROM THE GDP ITS MEANT TO EVEN HIGHER

So are are dumb! for not examinin you points i never said anything o9n Gdp others tallked about that.

look at the countries you stated i removed some acordin to what you compared!

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee think For your Brain's sake  

WHY DO YOU THINK COUNTRIES LIKE  Liechtenstein, Qatar,Luxembourg,Norway TOP THE LIST?? BECAUSE THEY ARE RICH AND WITH SMALLER POPULATION GET IT? YOU DIG??

TO KNOW HOW RICH A COUNTRY IS  SHOULD CHECK THE GDP OF COUNTRIES BY NOMINAL NOT BY PER CAPITA! AND SEE WHY Germany,France,UK are among top ten! and tell me why Equatorial Guinea is not before Nigeria on that list?

So if a country like Nigeria with about-140,729,000 people OR more has a GDP per capita of $2,400 and a country like Ghana with just 23,837,000 people has a GDP per capita of $1,500 the difference is clear that they are poorer no matter the level of development that takes place!

SO IT DOESN'T MEAN GUINEA IS BETTER THAN FRANCE,GERMANY,UK. BECAUSE THE POPULATION GOT IT TO THE POST IT IS BECAUSE OF IT IS PER CAPITA!

SO I HOPE YOU HAVE LEARNED NAIJA FOR LIFE NO MATTER CONDITION!

TELL ME IF YOU WANNA HERE MORE
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by londoner: 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2010
@ruq, we have to face facts about the terrible state Nigeria is in, we all love Nigeria, but we should also embrace the truth about what condition we are in. It doesn't matter what CIA fact books say or wikipedia, or the sons and daughters of the priviledged. Go to the average person and ask them whether they feel they are part of a country that is succeeding.
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by yeswecan(m): 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2010
Why the comparison ? Ghana is obviously better in Nigeria from all aspect, votes are counted in Ghana, 24hrs power supply and more impotantly the government are working and accountable to the people of Ghana. It is absurd to compare Ghana to Nigeria as she is currently configured.

If we continue in this pace, we can't attain Ghana's present position in 10 more years.  You don't measure a country's might with the size of her population, land miles or the her Natural resource. Given democratic principle as the basis for evaluation, Ghana is prototype of what we seek to attain, our immediate dream is good & credible leader-selection process, electricity and more over respect of human right and government accountability.

It is the hight of foolishness to compare Ghana to Nigeria, i have been to Ghana so i can tell.
Re: Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. by londoner: 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2010
I've been to Ghana too and I dont think its that great, although its a nice place. My BF is Ghanaian and lives in Ghana. The same complaints that many Nigerians have, so do Ghanaians. Its not the paradise that people are painting it to be.

I guess in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

I really think Ghana should not be Nigeria's benchmark, unless its about a free and fair election and they must be congratulated on that. Everything else, I think we should set our sights much higher than that, it should be the minimum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians May Wake One Day To Realize That They Have No Country - Atiku Says / Zamfara: PDP Can't Dictate To Us What To Do ― INEC / Raid On Odili's Home Appeared Like Mission To Kill, Maim Her - Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.