Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:37 AM

See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) (4582 Views)

Amazing Things You Should Learn From Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook Owner / Things You Can Learn From Mark Zuckerberg’s Past New Year Resolutions / A Note From Mark Zuckerberg On How He Built Jarvis-his Artificial Intelligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by Two5tech: 2:29am On Dec 28, 2017
you are afraid -------------that is why you cant write any good software...
hello guys, this is arthur from Two5tech and today i want to share some facts that can help you become a better programmer...
number 1 fact........
never rush into programming: be sure you are called to the world of programming before entering i.e you need to have a challenge in mind that
can be solved by a computer program ( mark said "if i waited till i knew everything about programming, i wont have developed facebook"wink

2) 2nd fact.........
start with HTML: i started with java and it gave me a lot of troubles to the extent of making me stay months without coding. as a beginner,
kick start your programming carrier with HTML and enjoy the flow
3) get the best material : most programmers make a lot of mistakes by learning with an outdated book or software, to avoid this mistake, always search google for the latest and best material on the programming language you are learning //HTML AND CSS by Jon Duckett//
seems to be the best book for HTML and CSS ( i stand corrected).

4) you don't have to know everything: to get your project up and running, all you need to know is what you have to know. Dont try to learn everything at once...

5) its all about the PRACTISE : there is no magic wink, all you need is practise, practise, practise and more practise...

check the video below for more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4cg1jU9C6s

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by stanliwise(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2017
Whether from mark Zuckerberg or not, your advise is true(from experience)

3 Likes

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2017
Nice and useful tips.I can relate

I am on a web development journey, progressing from HTML5 and CSS3 to javascript

Haven gained sufficient knowledge with jon duckett"s book i seem to be stranded in javaScript (Too much materials and it gets confusing all the more,even with udacity begineers course).

Can you recommend the best ways to learn it for web development as i have learnt javaScript can now be used for back end developing.

If anyone is in Lagos ,we could form a team or group,i seem alone on this journey embarassed

1 Like

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by Two5tech: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
On a normal day, learning JavaScript seems challenging but it will be nice if you take it bit by bit....checkout this book "jQuery by Jon Duckett"
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by dannyyol2018: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
Programming is all about practice

1 Like

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by Desyner: 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
Good tips.
If you are in Nigeria. Get a good laptop battery so power interruption doesn't mess your flow.

4 Likes

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
Two5tech:
On a normal day, learning JavaScript seems challenging but it will be nice if you take it bit by bit....checkout this book "jQuery by Jon Duckett"

Thanks, I'll do well to check it
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by vickzdvipe(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
Desyner:
Good tips.
If you are in Nigeria. Get a good laptop battery so power interruption doesn't mess your flow.
Bro your head dey there! Three days and counting, not even a flash!

1 Like

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by Desyner: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
vickzdvipe:

Bro your head dey there! Three days and counting, not even a flash!
If you use a laptop, go for a 12 - cell battery that works with it. They go on amazon for less than $100 + shipping. It is worth it. I got an original 6-cell and it gives me 3-4 hours already, a 12-cell should give double that.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by vickzdvipe(m): 2:36am On Dec 29, 2017
Desyner:
If you use a laptop, go for a 12 - cell battery that works with it. They go on amazon for less than $100 + shipping. It is worth it. I got an original 6-cell and it gives me 3-4 hours already, a 12-cell should give double that.
I'd try it out
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by KingRabota: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2017
carik:

I am on a web development journey, progressing from HTML5 and CSS3 to javascript

Haven gained sufficient knowledge with jon duckett"s book i seem to be stranded in javaScript (Too much materials and it gets confusing all the more,even with udacity begineers course).

Can you recommend the best ways to learn it for web development as i have learnt javaScript can now be used for back end developing.

If anyone is in Lagos ,we could form a team or group,i seem alone on this journey embarassed

Join a meetup, there are loads of them in lagos, theer you will meet real devs and almost everyone else in tech
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by Vstuffs(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2017
carik:

Try solving javascript challenges eg from freecodecamp

1 Like

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 10:31am On Dec 29, 2017
KingRabota:

Join a meetup, there are loads of them in lagos, theer you will meet real devs and almost everyone else in tech

Please how can i connect to these groups?
Thanks
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 10:31am On Dec 29, 2017
Vstuffs:
Try solving javascript challenges eg from freecodecamp

Thanks gee
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
Two5tech:

Brother please can you share me a link to get this book,I have been searching endlessly since morning
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by KingRabota: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
carik:

Please how can i connect to these groups?
Thanks
start here

https://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeetups=true&radius=50&userFreeform=Lagos%2C+Nigeria&mcId=z1029228&mcName=Lagos%2C+NG&sort=recommended&eventFilter=my
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by seunny4lif(m): 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2017
OP
That's true oooioh
I started with Java and moved to Android but lost my way becos it's became confusing.
I started with HTML and CSS now I'm moving to JS
When am done with JS then I move back to Java to applied it on HTML, CSS, JS and java/ Phyton
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by seunny4lif(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2017
Desyner:
My laptop na 3hrs grin

1 Like

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by honestpoju: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello guys, what advice would you give for a beginner with no prior knowledge but has passion and interest in programing. Route to take, as in programming language to start up the journey. Thank you and God bless
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by PrinceCEE(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
Desyner:
Good tips.

Best advice!
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2017
seunny4lif:
OP
That's true oooioh
I started with Java and moved to Android but lost my way becos it's became confusing.
I started with HTML and CSS now I'm moving to JS
When am done with JS then I move back to Java to applied it on HTML, CSS, JS and java/ Phyton

Bro it seems we share some interest in Javascript now

Can you connect with me so we share ideas. You can drop your whatsapp number so i message you.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2017
carik:

if you want to do back end with js then learn MEAN stack
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by Two5tech: 12:55am On Dec 30, 2017
carik:

Brother please can you share me a link to get this book,I have been searching endlessly since morning
http://paidshitforfree.com/download-javascript-and-jquery-by-jon-duckett-pdf/
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by seunny4lif(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2017
carik:

Bro it seems we share some interest in Javascript now

Can you connect with me so we share ideas. You can drop your whatsapp number so i message you.

I'm still learning ooooooh
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 8:49am On Dec 30, 2017
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 8:49am On Dec 30, 2017
seunny4lif:
I'm still learning ooooooh
Got your mail.
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by legalwebconsult(m): 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2017
DIGITAL MARKETING EBOOKS AND VIDEOS

Learn Google Adwords, Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Facebook Ads and other Social Media Marketing etc...

These DIGITAL MARKETING COURSE is packaged and organized to teach you everything you need to know. So it is a practical oriented training ebooks and videos geared toward showing you how to use the online media for marketing purpose.

Visit www.dmf.legalwebconsult.com
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by ak22(m): 12:27am On Dec 31, 2017
carik:

Good evening every one please what advice would you give for a beginner with no prior knowledge but has passion and interest in programing. as in programming language to start up the journey. Thank you all

Cc carik
Cc bjhaid
Cc princeCEE
Cc kingRabota
Cc others please
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 01, 2018
Good morning everyone and a blissful new year to y'all. Recently I found love for programming, coding. But I don't know how to go about it to get knowledge. I don't have any knowledge in it. Please can you advise me on what languages to learn first,materials needed, and also I need people to put me through. Thanks in advance
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by babajeje123(m): 11:02am On Jan 02, 2018
carik:

What materials are you us
ing for html & css? I need one that can provide practical guide?
Re: See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) by carik(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2018
babajeje123:
What materials are you us ing for html & css? I need one that can provide practical guide?

HTML and CSS by Jon Duckett

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appointment Scheduler In Asp / Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? / I Need A Thrift Collection Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.