Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom (665 Views)

Obasanjo And Wife, Stella After His Release From Yola Prison In 1998 (Throwback) / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Friends As He's Freed From Kuje Prison In Abuja.PICS/VID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by 1clickng(f): 6:57am On Dec 28, 2017
There was an attack on kitchen staff on duty at Ikot Ekpene Prison in Akwa-Ibom State by some prisoners around noon on Wednesday.

This is contained in a statement made available to DAILY POST by ASP Ogbajie J. Ogbajie, Command Public Relations Officer.

It said the prisoners seized an axe from fellow inmate attached to the kitchen, inflicting a deep cut to inmates’ head in the process and immediately made for the rear entrance to the prison.

“They broke the door with the axe and engaged the staff that chased after them in battle”, it added.

“At the end of the scuffle, 4 of them that sustained gun shots lost their lives while 7 were recaptured.

“36 are still at large and search parties have been activated to effect their recapture.”

Meanwhile, the Controller of Prisons Akwa Ibom State Command, Alex Oditah has ordered an investigation into the circumstance surrounding the unfortunate incident.

The CP appealed to members of the public to assist the authority with useful intelligence that will aid arrest of feeling prisoners assuring that security has been strengthen in all prison formations in the State to forestall breach of security.

http://anstalk.com/36-prisoners-escape-ikot-ekpene-prison-akwa-ibom/

lalasticlala

Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by greatnaija01: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2017
Prison Break NOLLYWOOD
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by dab00: 6:59am On Dec 28, 2017
Grand exit to the world. 9ja prisons are hell.
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by sandyd: 7:01am On Dec 28, 2017
Hope they don't commit more crimes
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by Settingz321(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2017
i taught they've concluded the last season of the movie
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by amzee(m): 7:08am On Dec 28, 2017
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by Zendinho(m): 7:15am On Dec 28, 2017
Dear lord help me to escape from every demonic bondage and evil enclave.
Every chain of near success and poverty inheritance is broken today in Jesus name amen.

2 Likes

Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by adadike281(f): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2017
Well, I wish them merry Xmas and a happy new year
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by hatchy(f): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2017
OK
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by Annie939(f): 7:22am On Dec 28, 2017
happy New Year to them
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 28, 2017
Dem wan go watch calabar carnival.

1 Like

Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by 1clickng(f): 12:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
Why I Stealled Officers Money During my Interrogation

Check out https://www.nairaland.com/4258831/pickpocket-steals-officers-money-during#63702861/
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by efighter: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
Wrong heading. The heading should have been "36 Biafran prisoners escape from prison".
Re: 36 Prisoners Escape From Ikot Ekpene Prison In Akwa-ibom by efighter: 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
Settingz321:
i taught they've concluded the last season of the movie

Thought not taught.

Thank me later.

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwaso, Supporters May Join PDP Or PRP / Soldiers Brutalized A Lady Accused Of Witchcraft In Sapele And Left Her To Die / State Of The Nation: It’s Time To Renegotiate Our Union – Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.