Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists (1258 Views)

My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / Wheel Alignment And Balancing Technicians' Thread / Cosmas Maduka Of Coscharis Motors: Failed In 3 Businesses, He Still Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by sammydapo: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
I drive a 2002 Honda Accord baby boy, it vibrates at 30kmph while driving. I have recently done wheel balancing and alignment. However, I still feel it’s vibrating minimally at 100kmph. What could be wrong please? As someone suggested that it may be a tierod and ball joint issue. Please I need possible solutions to this.
Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by mayor2013: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
sammydapo:
I drive a 2002 Honda Accord baby boy, it vibrates at 30kmph while driving. I have recently done wheel balancing and alignment. However, I still feel it’s vibrating minimally at 100kmph. What could be wrong please? As someone suggested that it may be a tierod and ball joint issue. Please I need possible solutions to this.

Check suspension parts
Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by sammydapo: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
mayor2013:

Check suspension parts

Okay thanks. Will do
Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by shortiespro: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
check your tyres.. check the ball joints for balancing.

1 Like

Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by Tyche(m): 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
shortiespro:
check your tyres.. .
Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by snipesdam(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2017
Op get a good mechanic to check the cups from the gear box if it has groove and the condition of inner shaft bearings. You may have to change the cup or inner bearing or both. Ensure that the mechanic loads it with enough grease. If the inner shaft boots is broken get an original one or toks boots. The cheap ones easily breaks and you loose lubrication from there.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by mayor2013: 11:25am On Dec 29, 2017
[right][/right]
snipesdam:
Op get a good mechanic to check the cups from the gear box if it has groove and the condition of inner shaft bearings. You may have to change the cup or inner bearing or both. Ensure that the mechanic loads it with enough grease. If the inner shaft boots is broken get an original one or toks boots. The cheap ones easily breaks and you loose lubrication from there.

Good luck.

What do you consider as enough grease? Over greasing make grease force its way out of the boot thereby destroying it in no time. Just some substantial quantity is okay

1 Like

Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by Stephandeswardt: 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
Change gear oil......use honda dw1

1 Like

Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by xreal: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2017
sammydapo:

Check the engine seats.

1 Like

Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by snipesdam(m): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2017
mayor2013:
[right][/right]

What do you consider as enough grease? Over greasing make grease force its way out of the boot thereby destroying it in no time. Just some substantial quantity is okay

Well I said enough grease. Which means adequate grease. I believe the cup only contain its quantity and can't over flow because it's boots is clipped. However using poor quality boots over time in less that 4months with highway travel will weaken boot, especially the part close to the edge of the cup. It cracks, then breaks and you loose grease.
Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by Tonnie11: 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2017
Check your drive shaft
Re: My Car Vibrates At 30kmph,i Have Done Alignment And Balancing Yet It Persists by Mboi2: 2:42am On Dec 30, 2017
Check this, check that, some will even ask op to check radiator or check brain box... Lol...

Mr OP, the issue is your tyre. Check your tyres one must've expired and got bent. Simple.

(1) (Reply)

BMW Sold More Luxury Cars Than Mercedes In U.S. For First Time Since 2015 / Who Drove The First Car In Nigeria And When? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.