Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. (3994 Views)

Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola / Engine Oil Level / See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by dwilliams: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
I drive a Toyota Corrola, 2005 model, and I noticed the oil is always low, I do check the exhaust pipe for traces of oil but it's always dry, the vehicle is working fine but in am not satisfied with the shortage of oil every time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by Leverageisback(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
grin help with what? direction to mechanic workshop?

ps eveezy is looking for female german sherpherd for stud services please help the idiot out grin
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by nurey(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
dwilliams:
I drive a Toyota Corrola, 2005 model, and I noticed the oil is always low, I do check the exhaust pipe for traces of oil but it's always dry, the vehicle is working fine but in am not satisfied with the shortage of oil every time.

Engine is either burning oil or there is a leak.

After packing the car, get a carton and put under where the engine pan is, in the morning go and check if you notice oil patches on the carton also check other the car for oil smudges around other parts.

For burning, ask someone to help you depress the accelerator at around 2500/3000 rpm you go and check the tail pipe if you notice smoke then your car is burning oil.

In other news, what make and oil weight do you generally buy for servicing?
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 3:00am On Dec 29, 2017
nurey:

Engine is either burning oil or there is a leak.

After packing the car, get a carton and put under where the engine pan is, in the morning go and check if you notice oil patches on the carton also check other the car for oil smudges around other parts.

For burning, ask someone to help you depress the accelerator at around 2500/3000 rpm you go and check the tail pipe if you notice smoke then your car is burning oil.

In other news, what make and oil weight do you generally buy for servicing?
he is using either sae 40 or 20w50. There is sludge in that engine
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by chidifrank(m): 3:24am On Dec 29, 2017
sooperrescue:
which oil should he then use sir? I want to learn pls
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 4:04am On Dec 29, 2017
Toyota Corolla requires 5w30 api sl and then you fulfill the energy conserving option that you are supposed to get when you use the oil grade. But motorists here use the 20w50 which is very heavy for the car. I helped someone to revive his corolla recently. The fan was on permanently, the engine was making noise, it could not support the ac and in his mind, the plugs were not working. What we did was to change the engine oil to synthetic 5w30 and made his fan to work with the thermostat and that engine was driven back with the ac on. The oil is the key

1 Like

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by chidifrank(m): 5:01am On Dec 29, 2017
sooperrescue:
Toyota Corolla requires 5w30 api sl and then you fulfill the energy conserving option that you are supposed to get when you use the oil grade. But motorists here use the 20w50 which is very heavy for the car. I helped someone to revive his corolla recently. The fan was on permanently, the engine was making noise, it could not support the ac and in his mind, the plugs were not working. What we did was to change the engine oil to synthetic 5w30 and made his fan to work with the thermostat and that engine was driven back with the ac on. The oil is the key
but sir, we hardly see d 5W30 oil here in Lagos. Or do u know where one can get a good one. Pls
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 5:51am On Dec 29, 2017
chidifrank:
but sir, we hardly see d 5W30 oil here in Lagos. Or do u know where one can get a good one. Pls

It is everywhere. Mobil 1 has 5w30 esp sold locally. There is Autotrader2 and Gazzuzz on Nairaland and another guy selling 5w30 oils
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by dwilliams: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2017
You are right I just checked the gallon of the oil i have been using and it's total quarts 20w50 but which one is sludge, I am scared o
sooperrescue:
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by nakoks(m): 10:38am On Dec 29, 2017
dwilliams:

You are right I just checked the gallon of the oil i have been using and it's total quarts 20w50 but which one is sludge, I am scared o

You shouldn't be scared rather you should be sad.Sad that you didn't know the grade of oil being used on your car,sad that you have a 2005 car and never read the manual,sad that you don't know what sludge is,and sad that you have ignorantly killed your engine,sad that your mechanic doesn't know any better and sad that you learned the hard way(loosing an engine in this times)

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by blackwood(m): 11:39am On Dec 29, 2017
nakoks:

You shouldn't be scared rather you should be sad.Sad that you didn't know the grade of oil being used on your car,sad that you have a 2005 car and never read the manual,sad that you don't know what sludge is,and sad that you have ignorantly killed your engine,sad that your mechanic doesn't know any better and sad that you learned the hard way(loosing an engine in this times)

Abeg no blame the guy, like him, our mechanics have advice us wrongly on grade of oil to use.
I am learning the hard way with my own corolla because my engine is almost gone, I dey find money to change engine.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by nakoks(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
blackwood:

Abeg no blame the guy, like him, our mechanics have advice us wrongly on grade of oil to use.
I am learning the hard way with my own corolla because my engine is almost gone, I dey find money to change engine.

I no blame the guy,sorry for your engine loss too
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by DaimlerBen(m): 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
nakoks:

If you want to hide information from a black man...

1 Like

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
There's still hope. Get engine flush and flush the engine and use the Mobil 1 5w30 esp and let see how it goes. Then check your spark plugs and see if it is the original. Use ngkpathfinder.com to check the right plugs for your car
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by nakoks(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
sooperrescue:
There's still hope. Get engine flush and flush the engine and use the Mobil 1 5w30 esp and let see how it goes. Then check your spark plugs and see if it is the original. Use ngkpathfinder.com to check the right plugs for your car

It is best to drain the existing oil ,add the engine flush to the drained oil and pour back into the engine ,run for not more than 3 mins and drain before using the 5w30.Applying that flush directly to the engine has dire consequences.
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
nakoks:

It is not his fault. Elizade and Kia Motors uses mineral oil for the corollas and ceratos. They are spreading technology in reverse
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by chidifrank(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
hello sir. my corolla is 2002 and i am using d regular 20w50. tell me i am still alive pls

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2017
Of course you are but you have been saving money for us the road side mechanics. Normally if you service the car every three months with 20w50. there's a likely chance that the engine is still intact but follow the advice on the corolla by using the Mobil 1 5w30 esp or the US Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic 5w30. The benefits are numerous, quiet engine, fuel economy, longer service intervals and peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by DaimlerBen(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
sooperrescue:
If his engine is already burning mineral oil, what would now happen if he switches to synthetic?
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2017
It will revive the engine. I have seen a lot of Toyota revived once they change the oil
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by maldox(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2017
sooperrescue:

Where could someone get engine flush?
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
Everywhere in the market but don't use Abro engine flush . Try Shoprite, Ebeano and you will get good ones there
Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by Joemetry(m): 2:39am On Jan 01, 2018

Happy new year to you all...

1 Like

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by Joemetry(m): 2:42am On Jan 01, 2018
[/color][color=#006600]

Hello everyone,

I am in dare need of a job to settle my tuition fee, I currently have an OND and have also completed my mech engineering degree afterwards, but haven't paid my tuition fees since I was admitted to 200level due to circumstances beyond my control, only my acceptance fee was paid and other registration fees.

But due to my GPA, I was later allowed to pursue the degree amidst threats of annulling my admission, which is unusual, but God just made a way for me.

I'm 24 and willing to work.
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.
THANKS...

Re: Help: My Corrola Oil Level Is Always Short. by sooperrescue(m): 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
What are the task that you can handle in a car?

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2006 Vs 2007 What Are The Major Differences Between The Two? / How Much Does A Tint Permit Cost? / When To Do Oil Change For Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.