Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,014 members, 7,814,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen (2902 Views)

EFCC Releases ₦5.7 Billion Out Of ₦7.9 Billion Seized From Okorocha To Imo State / See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos / Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by ureportsAbuja: 7:36am On Dec 29, 2017
The Governor also said that the Catholic Church was ungrateful despite the many good things done to them by his government, even as he said that the Church had claimed that “the cheques of N50 million the government gave to them for the renovation of their Cathedral bounced when they actually cashed the cheques, adding that “There was no refuttal from them over the false story of bounced cheques and there was no thank-you letter to that effect”.
-
http://247ureports.com/okorocha-catholic-church-can-rename-road-nothing-will-happen/
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by serverconnect(m): 7:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Okoroawusa go and ask Ohakim when he fumble with catholic church.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2017
serverconnect:
Okoroawusa go and ask Ohakim when he fumble with catholic church.
and REV FATHER MBAKA

1 Like

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2017
nothing will happen cheesy

after they don rename the okporo Uzo..

clown.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:08am On Dec 29, 2017
Okorocha, try it now undecided

You go know say pepper soup no be pepper soup without pepper

You gave them N50M. na your personal money If you give them a peanut from our national cake, make them no collect

You better don't mess with the wrong people

Statue man oshi

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by miteolu(m): 8:12am On Dec 29, 2017
APC should forget IMO state.

14 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by Okoroawusa: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2017
When n where did okorocha make this statement?

Was it a press release or at an occassion?

Mynd44
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by jericco1(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2017
hmm how authentic is this news piece?
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by lilcozy001: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2017
See why catholic priest embarrassed Gov. Ortom in Benue

The Priest of St. Christopher’s Catholic Church, Wannune, in Tarka Local Government Area of Benue state, David Mzer, on Wednesday reportedly embarrassed the state governor, Samuel Ortom, over unpaid workers’ salaries.

The incident took place during the thanksgiving mass of ex-governor George Akume, who celebrated his 64th birthday.

Sun Newspaper reports that an eyewitness, who spoke under anonymity, said Fr. Mzer, a young priest, while delivering his sermon at the mass had urged Akume to give quality advice to Governor Ortom on statecraft, including the issues of salaries.

The witness added that: “After Holy Communion and before the end of mass, the Parish Priest requested Senator Akume to make his remarks. The Senator touched on a few issues including some explanations on the salary matter and requested that Governor Ortom be allowed to also make brief remarks.
Read more here: http://www.correctmum.com.ng/catholic-priest-embarrassed-gov-ortom-benue/

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by stonemasonn: 8:55am On Dec 29, 2017
What is wrong with Okorocha these days?
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by coluka: 9:59am On Dec 29, 2017
Okorocha what exactly is your problem ehn?
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by lereinter(m): 10:35am On Dec 29, 2017
power is nothing without control
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by EternalTruths: 10:40am On Dec 29, 2017
Okoroawusa will soon join Yusuf.
The status he erected will fall on him and send him to join Yusuf.
Keep talking like a slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by Oksman(m): 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
jericco1:
hmm how authentic is this news piece?

Your thought is as good as mine. I don't believe this crap.
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by adetayo234: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
Oksman:

Your thought is as good as mine. I don't believe this crap.

He will deny it tomorrow
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
ANIMAL FARM: A MUST READ!
Pardon me, but i think your education is not complete if you've not read George Orwell's Animal Farm. It was a WAEC text for decades... Just to refresh your memories, i visited an online site and pulled these character sketches of three of the major characters from that timeless classic...
I didn't mention anyone's name o! Enjoy the read...
NAPOLEON:
While Jones' tyranny can be somewhat excused due to the fact that he is a dull-witted drunkard, Napoleon's can only be ascribed to his blatant lust for power. The very first description of Napoleon presents him as a "fierce-looking" boar "with a reputation for getting his own way." Throughout the novel, Napoleon's method of "getting his own way" involves a combination of propaganda and terror that none of the animals can resist. Note that as soon as the revolution is won, Napoleon's first action is to steal the cows' milk for the pigs. Clearly, the words of old Major inspired Napoleon not to fight against tyranny, but to seize the opportunity to establish himself as a dictator. The many crimes he commits against his own comrades range from seizing nine puppies to "educate" them as his band of killer guard dogs to forcing confessions from innocent animals and then having them killed before all the animals' eyes.
Napoleon's greatest crime, however, is his complete transformation into Jones — although Napoleon is a much more harsh and stern master than the reader is led to believe Jones ever was. By the end of the novel, Napoleon is sleeping in Jones' bed, eating from Jones' plate, drinking alcohol, wearing a derby hat, walking on two legs, trading with humans, and sharing a toast with Mr. Pilkington. His final act of propaganda — changing the Seventh Commandment to "ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL / BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS" — reflects his unchallenged belief that he belongs in complete control of the farm. His restoration of the name Manor Farm shows just how much Napoleon has wholly disregarded the words of old Major.
SQUEALER:
Every tyrant has his sycophants, and Napoleon has one in Squealer, a clever pig who (as the animals say) "could turn black into white." Throughout the novel, he serves as Napoleon's mouthpiece and Minister of Propaganda. Every time an act of Napoleon's is questioned by the other animals — regardless of how selfish or severe it may seem — Squealer is able to convince the animals that Napoleon is only acting in their best interests and that Napoleon himself has made great sacrifices for Animal Farm. For example, after Squealer is questioned about Napoleon's stealing the milk and windfallen apples, he explains that Napoleon and his fellow pigs must take the milk and apples because they "contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig." He further explains that many pigs "actually dislike milk and apples" and tells the questioning animals, "It is for your sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples."
"Each time the animals complained about excessive hunger and difficulties, Squealer (the clever pig) would tell them that things were much better than the time of the humans (when Mr Jones was in charge). He also would go on to say to them that no matter how difficult things might get, it will never be as bad as when Mr Jones was in charge of the farm. The majority of the animals were very dumb (especially the sheep) and believed everything Squealer told them."
BENJAMIN
As horses are known for their strength, donkeys are known for their stubbornness, and Benjamin stubbornly refuses to become enthusiastic about the rebellion. While all of his comrades delight in the prospect of a new, animal-governed world, Benjamin only remarks, "Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead donkey." While this reply puzzles the animals, the reader understands Benjamin's cynical yet not-unfounded point: In the initial moments of the rebellion, Animal Farm may seem a paradise, but in time it may come to be another form of the same tyranny at which they rebelled. Of course, Benjamin is proven right by the novel's end, and the only thing that he knows for sure — "Life would go on as it had always gone on — that is, badly" — proves to be a definitive remark about the animals' lives. Although pessimistic, he is a realist.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by pointstores(m): 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by AnodaIT(m): 12:53pm On Dec 29, 2017
I doubt this

Owerri and Imo State generally is Catholic and Traditionalist. Mess with these two and see yourself in soup
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by binsanni(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
let the battle continue
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by ChimaAgbalajob: 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
Oga Rochas,

Nobody said anything will happen. You know, all the things done by Obama in the USA are gradually being reverted because of how he did them.

The road will simply revert back to their original name after 2019. If you annoy the people more, all the statues will also come down too in 2019.

Please understand that power is transient and the true power belong to the people.

So nobody is going to fight with you over anything.Do as you like and when you are gone, the people will return them to how they like it

1 Like

Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by czarina(f): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
Wow.....

You need a Massage! Check my signature and call us today
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by Cordis92(f): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
Never bite the hand that fed you. Ask Ohakim
O gwula ka o di m n'onu.
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by adeolakemi: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
ureportsAbuja:
The Governor also said that the Catholic Church was ungrateful despite the many good things done to them by his government, even as he said that the Church had claimed that “the cheques of N50 million the government gave to them for the renovation of their Cathedral bounced when they actually cashed the cheques, adding that “There was no refuttal from them over the false story of bounced cheques and there was no thank-you letter to that effect”.
-
http://247ureports.com/okorocha-catholic-church-can-rename-road-nothing-will-happen/
your son will soon join Yusuf buhari
Re: Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen by AjiAmu(m): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2017
Cordis92:
Never bite the hand that fed you. Ask Ohakim
O gwula ka o di m n'onu.
Nne, i mara mma na ese okwu...biko, achorom ima gi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Loses Temper During Interview! / Breaking News: APC Waiting To Endorse Sanwo Olu After Gov. Ambode Speech / Why I Want To Kiss Nnamdi Kanu's Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.