Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,529 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Leave Daddy Freeze Alone: A Critic Of The Christian Community - The PLAN De GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Daddy Freeze Alone: A Critic Of The Christian Community - The PLAN De GOD (383 Views)

Leave Daddy Kumuyi And Deeper Life Alone / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Daddy Freeze Alone: A Critic Of The Christian Community - The PLAN De GOD by plannyg: 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
Source for full article: https://theplandegod.com/leave-daddy-freeze-alone-critic-christian-community/

I recently stumbled upon another ignorant post judging and condemning Daddy Freeze (Ifedayo Olurinde) as unfit and unclean to speak on the things of God. Many highly esteemed church pastors and General Overseers (GOs) have risen up against Daddy Freeze, some raining all sorts of curses (causeless curses which shall not stand - Proverbs 26:2) on him because he called pastors out for collecting tithes - with scripture, and asked them to simply defend their positions with scripture. I believe the Christian community is wrong for their condemnation and unchrist-like treatment of Daddy Freeze and his supporters. I therefore would like to share my own undiluted views on the matter with scriptural backing. Kindly note that I won't be concentrating on the actual topic of tithing in this post, that would be a discussion for another day.

The Decay in the Church
The major cause of these altercations and unbiblical sense of reasoning is that many Christians esteem their pastor's or GO's words above the actual word of God. They depend on whatever their pastor tells them God said. If their pastor says "The Bible says", they won't go and confirm, they will accept it like that. If he/she says "Thus saith the Lord", that is what God has said, they won't consult God for themselves. Church doctrines are therefore usually diluted with the pastor's views and not purely on scripture. This has also created an atmosphere of fear and reverence for certain pastors and GOs as special prophets of God like the Old Testament Moses whom nobody should open their mouths against.

They don’t believe that we are all equal in Christ (Galatians 3:28, Colossians 3:11, Ephesians 4:25). Meanwhile, Colossians 3:12 classifies all of us as “elect of God, holy and beloved”. But against the scriptures, there is a clear distinction between a GO and an ordinary Christian. However, there are different offices for the functioning of the body of Christ, which should be based on gifts (1 Corinthians 12:27-30, Ephesians ), but even though Paul encourages us to earnestly desire the best gifts, he still shows us a more excellent way (1 Corinthians 12:31) as can be found in 1 Corinthians 13. The summary of 1 Corinthians 13 is that love is the greatest gift, it is the more excellent way. Without love, all other gifts are useless (including the well coveted office of “General Overseer”).

We are encouraged to forebear and forgive one another (Colossians 3:13) as equals. Peter regarded Paul as “our beloved brother Paul” (2 Peter 3:15). Paul referred to Peter on a first name basis as “Peter” (Galatians 2:11). But today, if you dare refer to pastors without their title, or make a mistake in their title, you are done for. So Daddy Freeze and his supporters are seen to be infidels speaking against these so-called “God’s Generals”. If you really notice, you would see that majority of the people that are against him are church members or supporters of those pastors that have openly spoken against him.

Unfortunately, many churches have also deviated from the love of Christ. Their doctrines and teachings are usually founded on the pastor's personal preferences and the works of the law as against the true interpretation of the scriptures. This therefore guides their judgmental views and sentencing of innocent men like Daddy Freeze. It's funny but Daddy Freeze has actually exposed what goes on within many churches. It just shows how they treat members with biblical views that don't agree with their doctrines. They don't reason with them using scriptures, they just treat them as traitors and outcasts. It’s like a religious cult or cabal, it’s an unscriptural religious godfatherism. However, Acts 17:11 tells us that the Berean Jews received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily to confirm whether it was accurate. So if they found discrepancies, wouldn’t they have spoken out?

I was also a serious victim of this in my former church many years ago. At the time, I had been studying on the rapture in my personal Bible study. One Sunday morning, during Sunday School, it just happened that the lesson was also on the rapture. So when it was time for questions, I raised up my hand, because I believed a portion of the lesson wasn't scriptural. As expected, they couldn’t answer me with scriptural backing. By the end of the service, they had called a meeting against me forbidding me from asking questions during Sunday School again, and forcing me to take permission from the elders before asking any question again. I raised up other issues on practices that were not scriptural, and it only made things worse for me. I became the antichrist and I was eventually pushed out of the church.

Biblical Evidence of Paul Openly Correcting Peter
Peter was the rock on which the church was built (Matthew 16:18). Peter was also one of the twelve disciples of Jesus. With regards to the New Jerusalem, Revelations 21:14 says,

“The wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were written the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb”

Peter’s name is on the twelve foundations of the beautiful city of God which we all hope to be citizens of when the world comes to an end. So let us be clear that Peter and Paul were not mates in the faith at all. However, in Galatians 2:11-21, we see an interesting narration of Paul concerning a certain event that occurred during the course of their ministries on earth. Galatians 2:11-14 says thus,

“But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?”

Would you look at that? Now let’s see Peter’s reaction to this in the next subheading.

Biblical Evidence of Peter Acknowledging Paul
Peter, in 2 Peter 3:14-16, then had this to say,

“Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.”

Peter said “as also in all his epistles” (verse 16), meaning that he was also aware that Paul wrote about his encounter with him, and how he openly withstood and corrected him with scripture. Instead of cursing him, calling him names, and raising people against Paul for speaking against him, he acknowledged the scriptural truth that Paul spoke and the wisdom of God upon his life.
Daddy Freeze Has Hit a Nerve

Daddy Freeze has hit a nerve
We have hundreds of denominations in Nigeria which disagree on each other's teachings and doctrines. They even disagree on matters as little as style of prayer, mode of preaching, dressing, covering of the hair, etc. They go as far as ridiculing and firing shots at each other during their sermons and on social media platforms. I once told a member of a popular church that I was attending another church. She ridiculed me and the church because we don’t follow their style of prayer. She went further saying “Your pastor that would still come to GO for prayers”.

However, the major subject which over 90% of them agree on is "paying of tithe". Why? Because money is the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6:10) and money answereth all things (Ecclesiastes 10:19). Tithes mean money is flowing into the church’s (or their own private) purses right? I mean, who gives crops or live animals as tithe these days? Why then is almost everyone openly cursing Daddy Freeze or condemning him? I mean, the guy just gave his scriptural opinion on tithing and asked pastors to prove him wrong with scriptures right?

Consequently, Daddy Freeze has hit a major nerve calling pastors out for collecting tithes. Do you know that many Christians had already raised this same issue of tithing in the past? But it just so turns out that Daddy Freeze is an On-Air Personality with Cool FM for that matter, with a very large fan base, whose words have the potential to reach millions of people. This is quite similar to the Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB (The Indigenous People of Biafra) saga. Others had risen before him, but were insignificant. But when the government saw that he had the potential to mobilize the people, they went as far as proscribing IPOB and using military action against him.

In unity on the subject of tithing against Daddy Freeze, many highly esteemed church pastors and GOs, along with their members, have risen up against him. In the absence of scriptural backing to reply him, they have resorted to insults and name-calling. He is classified as an unbeliever who has no right to speak or teach on the subject of tithing. He has even been classified as Satan and an antichrist sent to divide the church (which church?). They attack him with so much passion and desperation like someone that wants to take away their means of livelihood. You can even hear and see the desperation from their voices and countenances when they speak. You can sense the desperation from their social media posts and comments. There have even been allegations that his Instagram account was hacked and blocked.

A Critic of Daddy Freeze
Critic of Daddy FreezeI personally do not agree with his approach of attacking and some instigating words and replies. For example, in an interview, he said "If you pay tithe to any Nigerian pastor, you are a goat". That's just an open insult to all tithe-paying Christians who equally have the right to pay tithe, whether as a personal decision or in error based on deceptive teachings, as it is not a determinant of eternal rest or damnation.

Daddy Freeze, we should be ambassadors of Christ, not hit men. Continue to be as objective as possible. Remain focused on the Word, not falling to intimidation, but do not lose sight of your nature in Christ. See how Abel Damina addressed the issue, no need for name-calling or any further attacks. How do you intend to #FreeTheSheeple, when you have even gone as far as calling them "Goats" as if "Sheeple" wasn't insulting enough? There is a more excellent way, and that way is love.

Summary
Le brotherly love continue, Daddy Freeze1 Peter 2:16 confirms that we are all of the royal priesthood and a chosen generation. Apostle Paul referred to the Christians as "Saints in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 6:18; Philippians 1:1); he referred to Tychicus as "a beloved brother" (Ephesians 6:21). Peter regarded Paul as “our beloved brother Paul” (2 Peter 3:15). Paul referred to Peter on a first name basis as “Peter” (Galatians 2:11). Stop the victimization, fear tactics and respect of persons. We are all one body in Christ. Acts 10:34-35 says,

“Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.”

2 Timothy 2:15 says

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Daddy Freeze did just that and called ministers out. Nevertheless, instead of ministers (whom it is assumed to have already studied) to also show themselves approved or keep silent, acknowledge he is right or prove him wrong with scriptures, then correct him in love, they are busy making "profane and vain babblings which has only increased unto more ungodliness" (2 Timothy 2:16).

1 Peter 2:1-2 says,

"Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby".

I believe this whole tithe debate has exposed many GOs and pastors for who they really are, and should be an eye opener to church goers on the need to desire the sincere milk of the word for growth.

At the end of the day, it is still all about love. Colossians 3:12-16 says,

“Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body, and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”

Galatians 5:13-15 further says,

“For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.”

Finally,

“And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.” (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Let brotherly love continue (Hebrews 13:1), forgive me if you felt offended by my critic and leave Daddy Freeze alone.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance.

Cheers and God bless you infinitely.
Re: Leave Daddy Freeze Alone: A Critic Of The Christian Community - The PLAN De GOD by forreelinc(m): 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
grin lazy man no wan go church come dey form christian community critic
Re: Leave Daddy Freeze Alone: A Critic Of The Christian Community - The PLAN De GOD by plannyg: 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2017
forreelinc:

LOLZ grin grin grin
Re: Leave Daddy Freeze Alone: A Critic Of The Christian Community - The PLAN De GOD by SUPERPACK: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
forreelinc:
because the church you worship with today is the result of martin Luther's criticism of the roman catholic church.

Re: Leave Daddy Freeze Alone: A Critic Of The Christian Community - The PLAN De GOD by forreelinc(m): 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
SUPERPACK:
because the church you worship with today is the result of martin Luther's criticism of the roman catholic church.

Buddie I'm roman Catholic don't see your point ere

(1) (Reply)

Why God Has Not Answered Your Prayers Yet / Instant Miracle!reactions Trail Sale Of ‘blood Of Jesus’ By Megachurch In Owerri / Oh Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.