Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Don't Destroy Your Marriage!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Destroy Your Marriage!!! (952 Views)

My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! / Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Destroy Your Marriage!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
You are expecting too much from your partner, the human nature has this requesting urge which keeps asking to be filled. No one can completely satisfies your needs my friend. if the reason you got married was to have a wonderful husband or wife you are definitely going to have a divorce, because you see up til right now, men are still accusing the Almighty God of inadequacy. Some say he isn't capable of meeting their needs. Others don't even accept at all that there is a God. Let me tell you something maybe you haven't heard it before, the world is full of problems and challenges everywhere. And so, for you to find someone to live with, is a huge difference. Tremendous blessing. Because you see, two is better than one.

Put yourself in your partner's shoes, don't set out to be pleased, instead look out to please your partner. I am talking about your own peace. The most important thing in the universe is heart peace. They call it the peace of mind. Yes it's that satisfaction which comes from your own joy. The state where you work from your true self. You can pretend to everyone, but there is one person you are true to, your family members. Don't expect too much from your family. Maintain the peace in the house. If you destroy your own home, I don't know who you can live with. There is no one who can not live with someone. If you could love yourself, then you can live with someone.

Trouble start when you begin to look at others and look away from yourself. Try to focus on how you are responding, how you are thinking and all that
Re: Don't Destroy Your Marriage!!! by DonOms(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
The Misplaced Expectations one has of others are perhaps one of the biggest problems in all kinds of relationships. It goes without saying that we must still have certain exectations of our loved ones - like having our backs e.t.c. but I think to be in the safest spot where less or no strife is guaranteed, we must indeed watch our expectations and measure it too little rather than too much.
Re: Don't Destroy Your Marriage!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2017
DonOms:
The Misplaced Expectations one has of others are perhaps one of the biggest problems in all kinds of relationships. It goes without saying that we must still have certain exectations of our loved ones - like having our backs e.t.c. but I think to be in the safest spot where less or no strife is guaranteed, we must indeed watch our expectations and measure it too little rather than too much.

The same mind
Re: Don't Destroy Your Marriage!!! by orisa37: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2017
lightblazingnow:

The same mind

Two heads are better than One.
Re: Don't Destroy Your Marriage!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
orisa37:

Two heads are better than One.

Sure

(1) (Reply)

Triplets Meets Their Mother In Hospital After Delivery Of Their Baby Brother / People with good upbringing don't know how lucky they are, my experience. / Today Is My Bday Bt Nt Happy Cuz Of My Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.