Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,281 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) (16961 Views)

EFCC Parades Owo Prince, Olateru-Olagbegi, Over N35.5m Fraud In Ibadan / Yusuf Adebowale Bello Wanted By EFCC For $2.2million Fraud (photo) / Court Sends “Babalawo” To Jail For N2.5m Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by metroblogger: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
A former permanent secretary in the administration of former governor of Katsina State, Ibrahim Shehu Shema, Yusuf Sule Saulawa was today December 29, 2017 convicted by Justice Sanusi Tukur of the Katsina State High Court of one count of Obtaining by False Pretense.

The convict fraudulently obtained the sum of N2.5 million from the complainant while he was a permanent secretary attached to the office of the Deputy Governor of Katsina State on the pretext that the office would award the complainant a contract for the supply of fertilizer to all the Local Government areas in Katsina State. Saulawa claimed that the money was for the purchase of bidding documents. It was further alleged that after obtaining the money, the convict cut all contacts with the complainant.

In the course of prosecution, EFCC counsel Sa’ad Hanafi Sa’ad called 3 witnesses and tendered many exhibits.

After both parties closed their case on the 3rd of October, 2017, final written addresses were adopted and the case was subsequently adjourned to December 29 for judgement.

In his judgement, Justice Tukur said he was convinced that the prosecution had proved the case beyond reasonable doubt and pronounced the accused guilty as charged.

Saulawa was accordingly convicted and sentenced to seven years imprisonment without option of fine.

http://www.metronaija.ng/n2-5m-fraud-ex-katsina-perm-sec-bags-7-year-jail-term/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by dafeyankee: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
Very good.

Buhari is next.

Then Goodluck Jonathan.

And then Innoson the fraud.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Kingstel(m): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
embarassed

A beautiful Sony Bravia LCD tv 24" for sale in Abuja. Reach me for pics and price via PMs.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Airforce1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2017
Dis one no get strong god father

11 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by FitnessDoctor: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2017
A former permanent secretary in the administration of former governor of Katsina State, Ibrahim Shehu Shema, Yusuf Sule Saulawa was today December 29, 2017 convicted by Justice Sanusi Tukur of the Katsina State High Court of one count of Obtaining by False Pretense.

Just 7 years?

4 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by dontbothermuch: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2017
cry
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by opestein: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
adaecc
etenyong:
ok
ABJDOT:
OK
SoNature:
This
egg22:
hmmmm
Kingstel:
embarassed
una see una lives?

3 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by SoNature(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
This is the type of news we need to keep hearing in this country to know that Buhari is serious with the anti-graft war.

But 2.5m is too small, biko.

The EFCC should go after the big boys who stole billions

In any case, this is good news!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by obaataaokpaewu: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
See his forehead

3 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by etenyong(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
Without an option of fine. Nigeria is getting better and the corrupt persons are going to jail. Many thanks to the judge.

12 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by oladele97: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
Make I.buy land first
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by gurunlocker: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
Lol... "Bags 7 years jail".... Is it a Master degree?

8 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by sweetkev(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
Na today? No be Nigeria we dey? See the man having fun around town next year undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by donblade85555(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
wat of politicians that are stealing billions?
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
I pity this man and his family, 7years because of just 2.5mil, Nigeria currency that didn't have value again.

7 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by selfmadeboss: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
Only 2.5m wey boys dey make in mins?
Please can Boko Haram bomb the whole Nigeria?... The real MVP thieves dey steal and nothing them do them, see ibori, see tinubu and Co. this one carry small chop money and them was crucify am. Kuku kill am na.
the only crime this bastardized bastard commited is that he no sabi thief. Why steal only 2m when u could steal 200m Naija like people wet be say, when them wan chop frog, them chop big frog.
May una wait for me, I dey come, I will show Nigeria how to steal govt money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by AlphaStyles(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
why 7 abeg add 5 join am making 12 so that the rest go know say we mean business

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by loomer: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
2.5m useless life
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by DedeNkem: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
He stole N2.5m and got 7 years while big fishes steal billions and walk free!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by etenyong(m): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2017
opestein:
una see una lives?
bro, wetin I do u now? can't someone book space in peace again?

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by dontbothermuch: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2017
This type wey singlet dey comot for dress na him efcc & court sabi flex their power on.

Wetin dis man do & wetin dat grass cutter man do no be the same format. But grass cutter by now dey flex for transcorp hilton.

We will get rid of corruption completely someday.
Irrespective of status.

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by buffalowings: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hmm
Until they jail maina
I'm not taking you guys serious

obaataaokpaewu:
See his forehead
He was so religious
Apparently, he forgot everything about what Allah said about theft

Even then it would seem atheists have a better moral compass than him

All he had to show for his religiosity is a tattoo branding him a criminal angry

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Harbeyg09(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
Because of ordinary 2.5 million naira
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by berrystunn(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Billions or millions?
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2017
Chai angry
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by jrusky(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hahahahaha very funny people. Apc can't stop amusing me 2.5M 7 years. And billions of dollars kogi ends in handshake. The ikoyi mansion cash in just dancing galore. And 20 billion dollars NNPC contract scam in handshake. Mr grasscutter mere temporary dismissal because i already heard come 2019 he will be given another portfolio and Maina a free apc guy.

Apc is working truly I can see it.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nasir123(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
SoNature:
This is the type of news we need to keep hearing in this country to know that Buhari is serious with the anti-graft war.

But 2.5m is too small, biko.

The EFCC should go after the big boys who stole billions

In any case, this is good news!

Point of correction.
No money is too small.
That 2.5m can change my life for ever without any option of coming back to my usual state.

Any amount them thief(even if na 2k),send that person to kirikiri.

We shall get there.
God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Tugsramm(m): 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
dafeyankee:
Very good.

Buhari is next.

Then Goodluck Jonathan.

And then Innoson the fraud.
mission impossible wake up guy we ar almost in 2018
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nice
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Tugsramm(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2017
Harbeyg09:
Because of ordinary 2.5 million naira
see as he cal 2.5m lyk smal money.olY God wil judge u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers Told Me To Sell My House, Car, etc To Raise ₦100m Ransom - Farmer / Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media / Security Guard Arrested For Murder In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.