Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) (16980 Views)

EFCC Parades Owo Prince, Olateru-Olagbegi, Over N35.5m Fraud In Ibadan / Yusuf Adebowale Bello Wanted By EFCC For $2.2million Fraud (photo) / Court Sends “Babalawo” To Jail For N2.5m Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by yelinco1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
7 YEARS FOR 2.5M? THEN SARAKI, MIMIKO, DOPESI AND OTHERS ARE WALKING FREELY? 9JA IS A ZOO. WHERE IS OBANIKORO AND CO?

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by lakpalakpa: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
donblade85555:
wat of politicians that are stealing billions?

Corrupt Civil servants are as bad as elected office holders. The main thing is that we have one less corrupt Civil servant to worry about.

Meanwhile I'm glad the usual suspects aren't complaining its a witch hunt.

Kudos to EFCC

Kudos to Ibrahim Magu.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by matmat(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
All na wash... He will still have access to all he wants.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by lakpalakpa: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
yelinco1:
7 YEARS FOR 2.5M? THEN SARAKI, MIMIKO, DOPESI AND OTHERS ARE WALKING FREELY? 9JA IS A ZOO. WHERE IS OBANIKORO AND CO?

Even if it's 1million. If you steal public funds you should be in jail. Same people who strip naked and beat to stupor petty thieves are defending a person who stole millions.

The next time you catch a thief in your street, set him free because Maina is still a free man.

undecided
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Harbeyg09(m): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2017
Tugsramm:
see as he cal 2.5m lyk smal money.olY God wil judge u

Lol
Stealing 2.5 million out of the state money is just like someone stealing 5 naira from you and you caught the person then beating him black and blue in the process grin
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by hysteriabox(m): 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
dafeyankee:
Very good.

Buhari is next.

Then Goodluck Jonathan.

And then Innoson the fraud.

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Tugsramm(m): 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
Harbeyg09:

Lol
Stealing 2.5 million out of the state money is just like someone stealing 5 naira from you and you caught the person then beating him black and blue in the process grin
oga stealing is stealing na smal smal den dey start dis 1 na scape goat.oga u ar indirectly supporting corruption
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by lakpalakpa: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
Harbeyg09:

Lol

That he was convicted for a 2.5million fraud doesn't mean that's the only fraud he has committed. It might be that its the one he got caught in the act.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Aurobindo(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hahaha why will he steal just #2.5M? That's why he bags 7 years. if he had stolen $10 Billion they would have been celebrating him.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by brojoshua: 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2017
Good justice and judgment and let what he got by corruption be taken from him and let him pay fine for corruption. Nevertheless happy new year to him in prison. Let there be justice and true judgment in Nigeria.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2017
A few days ago I heard an ex house of rep member say if you want to steal money in Nigeria and be free, steal billions. If you steal millions you'll get caught and treated like a criminal. So true

Nigeria smh

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by LaudGuy: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
If at all you must steal public funds in Nigeria. Never steal anything below 5 billion or else you're just wasting your time. Big money, reduced sentence.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Deo1986(m): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2017
Airforce1:
Dis one no get strong god father
His godfather Shema is PDP.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
smiley
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by kernel505: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
dafeyankee:
Very good.
Buhari is next.
Then Goodluck Jonathan.
You forgot the big thief Tinubu (Coughing).
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by oluebubeneo(f): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2017
donblade85555:
wat of politicians that are stealing billions?
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
jrusky:
Hahahahaha very funny people. Apc can't stop amusing me 2.5M 7 years. And billions of dollars kogi ends in handshake. The ikoyi mansion cash in just dancing galore. And 20 billion dollars NNPC contract scam in handshake. Mr grasscutter mere temporary dismissal because i already heard come 2019 he will be given another portfolio and Maina a free apc guy.

Apc is working truly I can see it.

Campaign strategy
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by lakpalakpa: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
jrusky:
Hahahahaha very funny people. Apc can't stop amusing me 2.5M 7 years. And billions of dollars kogi ends in handshake. The ikoyi mansion cash in just dancing galore. And 20 billion dollars NNPC contract scam in handshake. Mr grasscutter mere temporary dismissal because i already heard come 2019 he will be given another portfolio and Maina a free apc guy.

Apc is working truly I can see it.

The guy stole and he's been punished. That's what's important. Those other thieves will have their day.

Kudos to the EFCC..
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by uba1991: 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
If to say na my people we 4 don de cry marginalisation. I luv Hausa with dia honesty
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by ballinballin: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nasir123:

Point of correction.
No money is too small.
That 2.5m can change my life for ever without any option of coming back to my usual state.

Any amount them thief(even if na 2k),send that person to kirikiri.

We shall get there.
God bless Nigeria.
This guy dey vex!

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
dafeyankee:
Very good.
Buhari is next.
Then Goodluck Jonathan.
get well soon
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by rickyrex(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2017
the man no get sense, if he had stole upto 5bilion naira he won't have gone to jail. just take 100m bail yourself n u are forever rich
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
metroblogger:
A former permanent secretary in the administration of former governor of Katsina State, Ibrahim Shehu Shema, Yusuf Sule Saulawa was today December 29, 2017 convicted by Justice Sanusi Tukur of the Katsina State High Court of one count of Obtaining by False Pretense.

The convict fraudulently obtained the sum of N2.5 million from the complainant while he was a permanent secretary attached to the office of the Deputy Governor of Katsina State on the pretext that the office would award the complainant a contract for the supply of fertilizer to all the Local Government areas in Katsina State. Saulawa claimed that the money was for the purchase of bidding documents. It was further alleged that after obtaining the money, the convict cut all contacts with the complainant.

In the course of prosecution, EFCC counsel Sa’ad Hanafi Sa’ad called 3 witnesses and tendered many exhibits.

After both parties closed their case on the 3rd of October, 2017, final written addresses were adopted and the case was subsequently adjourned to December 29 for judgement.

In his judgement, Justice Tukur said he was convinced that the prosecution had proved the case beyond reasonable doubt and pronounced the accused guilty as charged.

Saulawa was accordingly convicted and sentenced to seven years imprisonment without option of fine.

http://www.metronaija.ng/n2-5m-fraud-ex-katsina-perm-sec-bags-7-year-jail-term/

The last Northerner who was sentenced n jailed has long disappeared from prison.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by igbsam(m): 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
If he was from a particular tribe, we know how they would have reacted grin
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by SirBunky85(m): 12:38am On Dec 30, 2017
metroblogger:
A former permanent secretary in the administration of former governor of Katsina State, Ibrahim Shehu Shema, Yusuf Sule Saulawa was today December 29, 2017 convicted by Justice Sanusi Tukur of the Katsina State High Court of one count of Obtaining by False Pretense.

The convict fraudulently obtained the sum of N2.5 million from the complainant while he was a permanent secretary attached to the office of the Deputy Governor of Katsina State on the pretext that the office would award the complainant a contract for the supply of fertilizer to all the Local Government areas in Katsina State. Saulawa claimed that the money was for the purchase of bidding documents. It was further alleged that after obtaining the money, the convict cut all contacts with the complainant.

In the course of prosecution, EFCC counsel Sa’ad Hanafi Sa’ad called 3 witnesses and tendered many exhibits.

After both parties closed their case on the 3rd of October, 2017, final written addresses were adopted and the case was subsequently adjourned to December 29 for judgement.

In his judgement, Justice Tukur said he was convinced that the prosecution had proved the case beyond reasonable doubt and pronounced the accused guilty as charged.

Saulawa was accordingly convicted and sentenced to seven years imprisonment without option of fine.

http://www.metronaija.ng/n2-5m-fraud-ex-katsina-perm-sec-bags-7-year-jail-term/

Dis kind jailing things no fit happen for my region. I neva see any former looter from my side being sent to jail. Upon everything T A Oji and his rogue son,ikuku did in my state, d efcc hasn't invited him for once. He's a senator now while his crook son is d majority leader in our state house of assembly.sule lamido as popular and strong as he is,still went to jail. D north dey try sometimes in d area of convicting even a percieved "highly connected "politician.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by KayCee92(m): 2:37am On Dec 30, 2017
Oga thief better money n go to jail na.see Dasuki,at least after settling many people for many places,money still plenty. In fact he still continues to settle n will come out plenty more.that is a person that knows his trade (bad though). Which one b 2 million. Meetcheeew
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by sayisayi(m): 2:44am On Dec 30, 2017
Stolen abacha money nko?

Nonsense!!!!
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by tiger28: 3:12am On Dec 30, 2017
My question is why is it easier to convict ppl of lesser status who stole less money than these bigger thieves. They just keep BUYING injunctions after injunctions.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by nothernstar: 3:35am On Dec 30, 2017
I bet you this one na nobody in the society and he come still small money that's why he was jailed. Had it been he is one of them and stole plenty money that runs in billion, the govt will give him security and starts saying he is being witch hunted for nothing. I've warned you, in Nigeria, if you want to steal, steal money that runs in billion and trillions use it to get chieftaincy tittle, give some to imam and pastors then you are covered. Aside that, you will be lynched. Useless country with no judiciary.
Re: Yusuf Sule Saulawa Jailed For 7 Years For N2.5m Fraud (Photo) by precious1967(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2017
Ngilari of Taraba state where are u, teach ds man how to escape justice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mutiu Ogundare, Baale Of Magodo Kidnapped By 3 Gunmen / Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media / Hospital Attendant And Herbalist Arrested For Stealing Baby’s Placenta In Kwara

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.