Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Sickness And Healing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sickness And Healing (440 Views)

His Word Brings Life And Healing - Joseph Prince / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse / Victory Over Sickness And Diseases. Sermon & Prayer Points By Pastor E.A Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sickness And Healing by wisolo(m): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
SICKNESS AND HEALING
This post is meant for Christians who are desperate to know the truth and please the father. Please read to the end.
As Christians, it is vital that we constantly study our bible, and it is also paramount that we must carefully study it with the help of the Holy Spirit. I want write about two false teachings about sickness and healing which was brought up as a result of careless study of the bible. I will treat one today.
Firstly, almost all Christians believe that Jesus Christ took their physical sickness like malaria to the cross and therefore when they pray for healing, they make mention that Jesus died on the cross for their sins and sicknesses so therefore they should not be sick that by His wounds they are healed of their sicknesses. Truly, there is no passage in the bible that says that Jesus died on the cross for our physical sicknesses.
I will give you biblical proves and explain better. I would like you to make use of your Bible as you read to check all the passages I will mention.
When you study the bible well, you will find out that some prophesies of the old testament were fulfilled in the new testament, and when such prophesies are fulfilled, the bible will right "to fulfill the prophesy of Isaiah, Hosea etc or it will say to fulfil the words of the prophet Isaiah, Hosea etc, this is to show that the prophecy has been fulfilled. Example, in Mathew 2:5-6 Jesus was born in Bethlehem to fulfil the prophesy in Micah 5:2.
Again in Mathew 2:14-15 when Joseph fled to Egypt with Jesus and the mother and stayed there till Herod died, this was to fulfil the scripture in Hosea 11:1 and when Joseph took Jesus and His mother to Nazareth in Mathew 2:19-23, it was also to fulfil the scripture that says that He shall be called a Nazarene.
Now all these scriptures were fulfilled there and then that it happened and not in the future like this our time, immediately those events happened like the birth of Jesus, the scripture was immediately fulfilled once and forever, since then Jesus has not been born for the second time in Bethlehem still fulfilling that same scripture.
Now, when the bible said in Isaiah 53:4 “surely He has borne our grief, and carried our sorrows, yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted” some versions will say "He took our pain, and carried our diseases" this scripture was fulfilled in Mathew 8:16-17 “when the even was come, they brought unto Him many that were possessed with devils: and He cast out the spirits with His word and healed all that were sick: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by prophet Isaiah saying; He took our infirmities, and bare our sickness” that scripture was fulfilled there and then and not today. This is the scripture people use today to say that Jesus took their sicknesses to the cross, this scripture was not even fulfilled on the cross. Another scripture that people use today is 1 pet 2:21-24, verse 24 reads “who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed” if you read from 21, you will find out that it was talking about our sins and it never mentioned sickness there. Look at the words boldly written. By whose stripes we were healed of our sin. Sin is a deadly spiritual disease that we were healed of by the wounds of Jesus.
Jesus never took our sicknesses to the cross. If Jesus took our sicknesses to the cross, we have no reason to be sick when we are righteous and holy and our ways are pleasing to God because it has been paid for on the cross, but it is a lie that He took our sicknesses to the cross that is why even when we are holy, we can still get sick and die of our sickness or haven’t you seen Christians and great men of God who are sick and even die in their sickness? Apostle Paul who we know to be a righteous man lived with a sickness till he died, but God gave him grace to sustain him. He prayed 3 times for God to heal him but on the 3rd time, God replied to him No, my grace will be sufficient for you, see 2cor 12:7. Brother Timothy also lived with stomach problem that made Paul tell him to take a little wine for his continuous stomach illness, see 1Tim 5:23.
If Jesus took their sicknesses to the cross and paid for them and yet they were still sick upon all their righteousness and holiness, it means that the death on the cross was fake. If the physical sickness that we see was paid for on the cross and yet we still fall sick even when we are in Christ, holy and pleasing to God, then we are not even sure that our sins that we can’t see was completely paid for. God forbid that Christ’s death on the cross was not real because i am sure that all my sins were completely paid for on the cross all I have to do is to believe in the name of Jesus and confess my sins and i will be free. But do you know that you can pray for healing and you may not receive it but receive grace to be sustained just like Paul, but you can’t sincerely ask God for forgiveness and God will not forgive you this is because Jesus has paid for your sins on the cross and as long as you still remain in Him you are saved. But Jesus never paid for your sickness on the cross. In 2tim 4:20 Trophimus was sick and Paul left him and continued his mission. Do you think Paul did not pray for him or did not have the faith or power to heal him, or do you think that he was a sinner? I strongly believe that Paul must have prayed for him but he was not healed and he was a Christian because Paul testified for him. So will you say his own sickness was not paid for or what?
Sickness is natural and comes from the devil and as long as we are on earth, we are liable to be sick because this earth has been caused by God when Adam and Eve disobeyed God. Mosquitoes and other disease causing organisms do not select those to attack, it attacks both Christians and non Christians.
God is not too interested in your body but in your soul that is why He sent His son to redeem your soul and not your body. Jesus whom you say died for your sickness has told you that in this world you will suffer, the devil will persecute you, he can inflict sickness on you and do a lot to you, God may permit him because all those will affect only your body and not your soul, so you have to endure because this earth is not your place for you will go to a better place and there your tears shall be wiped away. In Rev 21:4 bible says that our tears shall be wiped away when we endure to the end, it is only someone who is crying that tears will be wiped away from his/her eyes, so brethren sickness is normal in this world, your soul is the most important thing to both God and the devil and not your health.
It is very wrong to quote that Jesus took your sins to the cross while praying for healing because by so doing, you make Him a liar and you bastardise His death on the cross. this does not mean that God does not heal physical sicknesses or that you can’t pray to God for healing. When you are sick, go to the elders (pastor, deacon, those higher than you in the faith etc) or you pray for yourself, God will heal you or give you grace. As a child, if your earthly father has the capacity to heal you when you are sick, won’t he heal you? Talk more of your heavenly father who is the creator of heaven and earth. Bible says healing is the children’s bread Matth 15:26, so as long as you are in Christ, you are entitled to divine healing. When you are sick, pray for healing with faith and stop saying that Jesus has paid it for you on the cross.

Share this truth with other believers in Christ so that they will stop bastardizing the death of Christ on the cross.

Tapped from a sermon by ZAC POONEN
You can download the video or audio on youtube titled “Sickness and Healing by Zac Poonen”

(1) (Reply)

Eighteen Things To Manifest In Nigeria Before 2018 Runs Out / Mad Man In Port Harcourt Was Healed By Hanging 5nights Of Glory Tag / ''i'm Not The Antichrist'' - Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.