Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Can This Web Application Work Offline?? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can This Web Application Work Offline?? (905 Views)

I Need Advice On This Web Project / Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On / Where To Learn Web Application Development In Onitsha:pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can This Web Application Work Offline?? by Legolast: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2017
Good day programmers in the house. I serious need your help. I don't have money to pay, just your guidance and contributions, and I will be grateful.

It is like a quiz app, like question and answer application (objective answers).
I am using WordPress to build the website and I use wp-quiz Plugin and mt-quiz Plugin . I typed the questions with excel spreadsheet which I will import.

I am building the web application using android studio but wish the web app can work offline without internet finishing with all the functionality it portrays online. Is it possible? Or is there any other better way than this? I am a learner kindly help your student.

If I should say I should start the building from Android studio, coding the questions and answers one after the other, it will take time.

Thanks in advance, may God bless us all.
Season greetings
Re: Can This Web Application Work Offline?? by agwaisrael(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2017
I honestly don't understand.

But lemme assume you want to create a webapp using html5+css3+js and probably use Cordova.

As well as I know, WordPress is suitable for webapps that have constant connection to a server. There are so many possibilities to this, but you are giving no useful information.

You could use an sqlite plugin and load your questions from the server on first launch for offline function.

You could save the questions in your assets folder, as a json or an xml file or any format you can parse.

If you are not making an android application, I'd suggest you look into appcache and serviceworkers.

(1) (Reply)

7 Important Google Algorithm That Affect Your Website Or Blog SEO In (2018) / Programmers In The House / App Developer & Online Marketer Needed In 9AO LTD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.