Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment (5247 Views)

Why Bitcoin Is Worse Than A Madoff-style Ponzi Scheme / Is 10 Million Naira Investment That Returns N250k Yearly A Bad Investment? / Buying A Home To Live In Is Bad Investment, Rent Is Better - Finance Expert Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment by mariahAngel(f): 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
CruzJoe:
Op U don't know what u re saying..... there re 3 ways u can make money from bitcoin
1: U can buy bitcoin and invest it with an international company that helps U trade with it with the use of a BOT and be paying u daily interest of upto 40% monthly....for 9months and they will stop and return ur capital back to U...which U can earn that ur capital from the daily interest within 3 months... the remaining 6months re all gain to u which after this remaining 6months....they will still return back ur capital.... If u wish to continue... U reinvest.

Now tell me how Ur bitcoin U bought us not profitable here..

2: U can buy bitcoin now and hold/store for like 1-3 years... I bet U the bitcoin U bought with just,let me say 50k.....by the time u leave it for like 1-3 years and u want to sell it...it won't be 50k again.. It will be more than 150k as the case maybe...am a living testimony to this... Bitcoin I bought during the time of MMM, which I was using to pH in bitcoin, I was so lucky I cashed out before mmm crashed...I cashed out 200,000 worth of bitcoin which I leave in my wallet.... now that 200,000 worth of bitcoin then, fetched me 800,000 coz their was a massive up shooting in bitcoin price recently .that my 200k fetched me 800k....just for holding my bitcoin for some months.....

So tell me how my bitcoin is not profitable here...

3: U can make money from bitcoin by buying bitcoin and trading it on exchange....U can buy like 50k worth of bitcoin and start trading... If u know what u re doing... How to trade.... U can grow this ur 50k worth of bitcoin to 150k worth of bitcoin within few days?weeks... U may have like 1bitcoin now which cost u like 50k( am just giving an example coz I bitcoin is not 50k now, is millions).... then if u trade well with this 1bitcoin...it can grow to 1bitcoin within days/weeks....which will now be 100k......

So tell me how bitcoin is not profitable here...

Step 1 and 2 re less risky.....imfact U have nothing to loss if u go with them

the only place I see risk is in step 3 coz if U don't know how to trade.. U can loss ur millions within 1 hour....U can loss ur capital ..within 1 hour.

SO SAY WHAT U KNOW AND STOP DISCOURAGING OTHERS........

MOD am not here to advertise bitcoin but I don't like when people talk out of ignorance.

thanks for ur understanding

Just want to point out things to prove the Op wrong.

Do you regret selling at that time?
Re: Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment by LikeAking: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
Akby:
The birth of Cryptocurrency is no doubt a milestone achievement in the Financial Market. Many people all over the world have invested a chunk of their life savings into it with the hope of a greener pasture at an exponential rate. How true is this?

Taking Nigeria as a case study, investing in Cryptocurrency is not as rosy as many people think. Let me explain better with an example so you can fully grasp my point. Bitcoins are sourced in Nigeria through merchants. A lot of them (merchants) around today but one thing common to each and every one of them is that they buy and sell at fairly almost the same price. While compiling this article, the merchant I took as a case study buys at N335/$ and sells at N390/$.

Now, if you invest N50,000 to purchase Bitcoin through this merchant at 1Bitcoin = $13,500 for example, you will get 0.009496676BTC. i.e. 50,000/390/13,500. If the value of Bitcoin appreciates by 10% at the Global Market to $14,850, by the time you convert this amount to Naria through this merchant, you will get N47,243 i.e. 0.009496676*335*14,850. This means you have lost 5.5% of your investment even though Bitcoin appreciated by 10% at the Global Market.

Also, If Bitcoin appreciated by 20% i.e. 1BTC = $16,200, following the process above will translate to N51,538 in your local bank account with represents just 3% return on your investment.

With this in mind, to achieve 7% (Nigerian banks nominal threshold) interest on your investment, Bitcoin has to appreciate by 24.57% to $16,816.

In summary, before you can start earning at all trading Bitcoin in Nigeria, its value has to increase by at least 18% not to think of the risk associated with your investment. If 10% increase in the value of Bitcoin at the Global Market can’t guaranty a profit largely due to MERCHANT’S monopoly, think of what would happen if the price of Bitcoin drops – What the market is currently facing.

CLIPTO
Re: Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment by jayaim: 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
Baba i disagree with u. I know of a platform that trades crypto currency, forex & oil & gas. U make 50% of ur capital everyday this is not ponzi. The company has been paying since 2016 till date. Too good to be true @ 1st not until my friend tried it out & showed me evidence of his payments. I will soon try it out too.
Akby:
The birth of Cryptocurrency is no doubt a milestone achievement in the Financial Market. Many people all over the world have invested a chunk of their life savings into it with the hope of a greener pasture at an exponential rate. How true is this?

Taking Nigeria as a case study, investing in Cryptocurrency is not as rosy as many people think. Let me explain better with an example so you can fully grasp my point. Bitcoins are sourced in Nigeria through merchants. A lot of them (merchants) around today but one thing common to each and every one of them is that they buy and sell at fairly almost the same price. While compiling this article, the merchant I took as a case study buys at N335/$ and sells at N390/$.

Now, if you invest N50,000 to purchase Bitcoin through this merchant at 1Bitcoin = $13,500 for example, you will get 0.009496676BTC. i.e. 50,000/390/13,500. If the value of Bitcoin appreciates by 10% at the Global Market to $14,850, by the time you convert this amount to Naria through this merchant, you will get N47,243 i.e. 0.009496676*335*14,850. This means you have lost 5.5% of your investment even though Bitcoin appreciated by 10% at the Global Market.

Also, If Bitcoin appreciated by 20% i.e. 1BTC = $16,200, following the process above will translate to N51,538 in your local bank account with represents just 3% return on your investment.

With this in mind, to achieve 7% (Nigerian banks nominal threshold) interest on your investment, Bitcoin has to appreciate by 24.57% to $16,816.

In summary, before you can start earning at all trading Bitcoin in Nigeria, its value has to increase by at least 18% not to think of the risk associated with your investment. If 10% increase in the value of Bitcoin at the Global Market can’t guaranty a profit largely due to MERCHANT’S monopoly, think of what would happen if the price of Bitcoin drops – What the market is currently facing.
Re: Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment by Akby(m): 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
jayaim:
Baba i disagree with u. I know of a platform that trades crypto currency, forex & oil & gas. U make 50% of ur capital everyday this is not ponzi. The company has been paying since 2016 till date. Too good to be true @ 1st not until my friend tried it out & showed me evidence of his payments. I will soon try it out too.

Could you kindly recommend? Thanks
Re: Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment by ElectronicMoney(m): 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
Leopantro:

it's obvious you haven't heard of online wallets or cold storage.

All wallets whether e-wallet or softstorage can be hacked
Re: Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment by ElectronicMoney(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
jayaim:

A return of 50% everyday?

Are you sure about this?
Re: Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment by Michaelnsd: 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hello to Everyone,

I'm Michael, and I'm here to share an opportunity to you all of earning via cryptocurrency's trading online, it is as real as reality, depending on who puts your through in that path. For crypto enthusiastic who intends to dive into the world of spot and futures trading, crypto investment and the likes but don't know how. An online community had been created for this purpose of training and mentoring in that regard, to instil the necessary knowledge you need to equip yourself to be able to succeed in the Blockchain space.

In this age and time, where businesses are almost heading virtual, it is important you get involved and not be left out, and expose yourself to great opportunities such as Midas Investment, in which you earn for life of about 60k to 70k monthly (that's someone's salary of 30days of hard work of daily 9 to 5 routine Job), and the good part is that you earn this for life through the activities of coin being burn, as it increases in value, your interest boom or moon as well. Please, do not let this opportunity pass you by, I am not here to coerce you or force you but I'm only trying to show you that the Cryptocurrency Blockchain space has a lot of opportunities for one to grab to earn passive income with ease at the comfort of your home. If you're willing to join our online community, please send me a WhatsApp message on +2348167114856, so then I can add you up, and put you through on how it is, or send me a message on alimimichaelnsd@yahoo.com

Thanks alot, and see you soon
Yours sincerely
Michael,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Ways Digitization Can Add Value To Your Company / N150,000 Withdrawal Limit: Court Can’t Stop Me, Says Sanusi / Paypal Withdrawal Service From Fiverr, Up work // We Buy Skrill // Payoneer //

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.