Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY (1604 Views)

Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins / FG Gives Conditions For Cross River's Super Highway Project / FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Sweetguy25: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
That Ayade man is mad. Him and Rochas probably smoke the same shit.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ayade is a clueless man his just after his pocket.. . The Obudu man

2 Likes

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by kodded(m): 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
God will continue to punish all ye enemy of progress

its the same people that will abuse the government for not doing anything sad
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
Anyone that's takes the time to read would understand the project badly planned. The government is yet to compensate for the effected communities and tried building through endangered ecosystem which led it to fail EIA 3 times. They should have considered upgrading existing roads at fraction of price. The port and road are going to be more expensive compared to immediate neighbors.

The sketchy parts of this project is they only need 700 million naira to compensate less that a 825 people. That's supposed to get them all a new house where? Then most of these guys are farmers. The 100 year plus toll is funny compared to that.

The alternatives are pretty nice. The knowledge city sounds like great idea along with upgrading existing road. Anyway let's see if they can actually pass this EIA inspection.

1 Like

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by saintkeppy(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
OP, has construction of the super highway started? each time I visit Calabar I try to figure out where exactly the highway is, after 2yrs of propose or was it foundation stone laying, Looking at the map. I can identify the two existing roads, but at what spot is the take off point of this Super-Highway in Calabar. 2yrs gone, next year is campaign ahead of 2019, this project should have gone far by now.

The best thing is to dualize&expand the existing Calabar-Ikom-Ogoja Federal highway to Benue State than starting a fresh highway at this time of scarce Financial resources.

MoU btw CRSG &FG should be signed for this to take place.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2017
saintkeppy:
OP, has construction of the super highway started? each time I visit Calabar I try to figure out where exactly the highway is, after 2yrs of propose or was it foundation stone laying, Looking at the map. I can identify the two existing roads, but at what spot is the take off point of this Super-Highway in Calabar. 2yrs gone, next year is campaign ahead of 2019, this project should have gone far by now.

The best thing is to dualize&expand the existing Calabar-Ikom-Ogoja Federal highway to Benue State than starting a fresh highway at this time of scarce Financial resources.

MoU btw CRSG &FG should be signed for this to take place.

The projected started then stopped because they failed EIA. From everything I read the most the done is clear land. The cut all the palm trees in certain areas and haven't paid off farmers and land owners.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by saintkeppy(m): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
Blue3k:

Tge projected started then stopped because they failed EIA. From everything I read the most the done is clear land. The cut all the palm trees in certain areas and haven't paid off farmers and land owners.

Na wao! 1 step at a time, EIA before anything Starts, imagine, money spent already on land clearing &pulling down those palm trees, no money yet on ground for the poor farmers with intention to toll the road after completion, very funny!
This prof. Of a Gov'nor is embarking on a project that is not necessary atleast for now, may be in future when the need arises, as per when economy normalizes.
Academic excellence, exposure is not same as common sense, he should consult widely, seek other people's opinion on the matter, before action. This project is such a Huge 1, funding is crucial.
In my own opinion I still stand by the idea of expanding the existing roads, that way, it will be cost effective, channel saved money to something beneficial to the state, like the sea port, etc
Seriously, To me I see more debt if this project go thru', High-profile debt for the incoming Gov'ment in the state.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by PapaBrowne(m): 1:39am On Dec 30, 2017
I have a huge problem with the narrative in the info.Graphics. Especially the part that asks the Cross Rivers State Governor to either encourage or partner with the FG to fix a road.
The people that put up the infograph should go and tell the FG to fix Calabar Uyo Road before telling anybody to partner with FG.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
saintkeppy:

Na wao! 1 step at a time, EIA before anything Starts, imagine, money spent already on land clearing &pulling down those palm trees, no money yet on ground for the poor farmers with intention to toll the road after completion, very funny!
This prof. Of a Gov'nor is embarking on a project that is not necessary atleast for now, may be in future when the need arises, as per when economy normalizes.
Academic excellence, exposure is not same as common sense, he should consult widely, seek other people's opinion on the matter, before action. This project is such a Huge 1, funding is crucial.
In my own opinion I still stand by the idea of expanding the existing roads, that way, it will be cost effective, channel saved money to something beneficial to the state, like the sea port, etc
Seriously, To me I see more debt if this project go thru', High-profile debt for the incoming Government in the state.

The governor is by no means dumb. He's just doesn't care about environment and worse doesn't respect the citizens of cross river. The man is a processor in environmental studies. He's showed callous disregard during community meeting when the people were leveling complaints about him originally taking 25% of land for highway project.

I agree on expanding the road but hey who cares about cheaper option. The debt the take on is their problem. The tolls ok but the dredging of bakassi port the issue. The cost going to be factored into port or government going to subsidize that.

PapaBrowne:
I have a huge problem with the narrative in the info.Graphics. Especially the part that asks the Cross Rivers State Governor to either encourage or partner with the FG to fix a road.
The people that put up the infograph should go and tell the FG to fix Calabar Uyo Road before telling anybody to partner with FG.

Your point is a non sequitur. If cross river going to already either way why not take cheaper alternative? If they fix it the could try an put tolls on it anyway or wait for FG to pay them back. The FG already gave ok for tolls on roads again so this could be good deal.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 2:59am On Feb 10, 2018
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:21am On Feb 10, 2018
Sweetguy25:
That Ayade man is mad. Him and Rochas probably smoke the same shit.
how
He's getting rich with your money
You're looking at him
Who looks mad
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:30am On Feb 10, 2018
niyi20:
Ayade is a clueless man his just after his pocket.. . The Obudu man
if he's after his pocket and succeeding.. ..he's not clueless
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:36am On Feb 10, 2018
Blue3k:
Anyone that's takes the time to read would understand the project badly planned. The government is yet to compensate for the effected communities and tried building through endangered ecosystem which led it to fail EIA 3 times. They should have considered upgrading existing roads at fraction of price. The port and road are going to be more expensive compared to immediate neighbors.

The sketchy parts of this project is they only need 700 million naira to compensate less that a 825 people. That's supposed to get them all a new house where? Then most of these guys are farmers. The 100 year plus toll is funny compared to that.

The alternatives are pretty nice. The knowledge city sounds like great idea along with upgrading existing road. Anyway let's see if they can actually pass this EIA inspection.
knowledge of what
Ppl that can barely feed you're thinking of IT hub.
What are they ITIng
You need product to provide info about
A
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:36am On Feb 10, 2018
Blue3k:

knowledge of what
What are they ITIng
Can't just IT empty breeze
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:39am On Feb 10, 2018
Love the way y'all making suggestions like it matters to implementors.
Like they'll give a sheet bout yo opinions
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
knowledge of what
What are they ITIng
Can't just IT empty breeze

They aren't any hungrier than they were last year. They are planning to export bananas and other crops through their deep Seaport. The broadband connection just to attract business to make it a IT hub. If you would rather them use money for farming it's an option.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2018
Blue3k:

They aren't any hungrier than they were last year. They are planning to export bananas and other crops through their deep Seaport. The broadband connection just to attract business to make it a IT hub. If you would rather them use money for farming it's an option.
you don't need a skyscraper to get broadband. Just some masts and radios or just plain fibre.
Agric fishing fisheries and manufacturing should be the way
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by aworatak: 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Blue3k:

My dog can you do laundry, i have some dirty clothes i want you to wash i can pay you inform of faeces and bones. You can wash my dishes if necessary.

4 Likes

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
aworatak:
[s]My dog can you do laundry, i have some dirty clothes i want you to wash i can pay you inform of faeces and bones. You can wash my dishes if necessary. [/s]

Lol go away filthy villager. Go bother you you fellow swine at mud hole you hail from. Lol you can't even spell feces correctly despite the fact your dirty people use it to batter.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by aworatak: 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol go away filthy villager. Go bother you you fellow swine at mud hole you hail from. Lol you can't even spell feces correctly despite the fact your dirty people use it to batter.
Were you born of a monkey?

4 Likes

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
aworatak:

Were you born of a monkey?

Lol you barter with feces you filthy villager. Now go back you hole dung beetle. The should have sold your ancestors to the Arab slaver traders instead of your letting your defective lineage continue breeding more losers like yourself.

You suck at trolling at least comeback with better line.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by aworatak: 8:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
I doubt the fool that created this thread is a human being. His pics resembles that of a monkey.

1 Like

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by aworatak: 8:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol you barter with feces you filthy villager. Now go back you hole dung beetle. The should have sold your ancestors to the Arab slaver traders instead of your letting your defective lineage continue breeding more losers like yourself.
Are you a monkey or a dog?

4 Likes

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
aworatak:

Are you a monkey or a dog?

Your jokes are lame but thanks for bumping my thread dung beetle. Try using soap if you can afford it loser.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by aworatak: 9:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Blue3k:

Your jokes are lame but thanks for bumping my thread dung beetle. Try using soap if you can afford it loser.
So in addition to being a dog and a monkey, you are also a gay.

4 Likes

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 9:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
aworatak:

So in addition to being a dog and a monkey, you are also a gay.

Lol says the guy who stays in my mention looking for my attention. You wretched ancestors are curse in the land. Stop smoking dung you filthy cockroach.
Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by aworatak: 10:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
Blue3k:

I Blue3k am a gay monkey
I see

4 Likes

Re: Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY by Blue3k(m): 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
aworatak:

I see

Lol you lame as usual. Its good your filthy tribesmen got your back liking your post. Lol seriously why do you people still barter with feces. It's the 21st century can't you people evolve.

aworatak:
i can pay you inform of faeces and bones.

(1) (Reply)

We Won’t Allow Cattle Colonies In Our Zone, Middle Belt Declares. News / Take 80% Of Our Oil And Give Us Biafra, IPOB Staunch Supporter Tells America / List Of Countries (presidents) That Attended Paris Peace Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.