Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,646 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins (34725 Views)

Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport / 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project / FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2018
Work Begins On 55.1km,12 Lane Superhighway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport In AKS

Ibaka Super Highway construction Commences

Construction of the 55. 1 Km , a twelve lanes carriageway , It Starts from Ubenekan Junction in Ibeno , criss -cross Esit Eket, Mbo and ended at East west Road in Oron Metropolis with a Fly-Over that emptied into Uyo-Oron Daulized Road .

Akwa Ibom State Works Commissioner, Akparawa Ephraim Inyangeyen says Governor Udom Emmanuel is committed to getting the job done.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
*55.1KM IBAKA SUPER HIGHWAY DESIGNED TO BOOST ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES* - AKSG

*By Ubong Ntekim*.

In a bid to transform and boost economic activities of the people of Akwa Ibom State, construction work has commenced on the Ibom Super Highway project along Eket-Ibeno road, which was however, flagged off in 2017 by the Akwa Ibom State government.

The 55.1kilometers highway with 3 spurs and multiple lanes when completed, will open up the environment for investors, thereby creating employment opportunities for the teeming youths.

Addressing the youths of Eket and Ibeno at the project site, the State Commissioner for Works; Mr. Ephraim Inyang-Eyen appealed for support and cooperation from the host communities to enable the contractors carry out their work effectively.

The massive project, according to the Works commissioner, will be carried out through the Alternative Project Funding Approach (APFA)

He hinted that the State government was committed to payment of compensation to owners of facilities which the road project has affected.

Commissioner Inyang-Eyen further explained that the Ibom Super Highway which is the first of its kind in the entire geopolitical zone was meant to enable the people of Akwa Ibom and investors alike to have access to the seashore where the Ibom Deep Seaport is cited.

Inyang-Eyen, however, urged all and sundry to continue supporting the government of Governor Udom Emmanuel, noting that his developmental goals for the State would be achieved through their collective supports.

Meanwhile, stakeholders of one of the host communities; Eket Local Government Area; the Executive Chairman; Rt Hon Frank Archibong and the lawmaker representing the area in the State House of Assembly; Hon David Lawrence were full of praises to Governor Udom Emmanuel for fulfilling his promise of transforming the highly populated area by bringing meaningful development that would touch the lives of the people as well as creating avenue for investment in their areas.

The duo however, pledged the readiness of the community members to collaborate with the contractors for them to expedite action on the project.

Speaking on behalf of the construction firm handling the project; Mr Chinedu Chukwuonye of Elba Construction Company, promised to carry out the job according to specification and international best standards and ensured youths of the area are carried along in the road construction.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by nextdoor84(m): 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nice one...this project will lead to the economic explosion/growth in the old eastern region!!

Kudos to the government of akwa ibom.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
The road design:

the starting point, stretching from Upenekang junction in Ibeno and goes through parts of Eket, Esit Eket Local Government Area to Uya Oron in Oron Local Government Area of the state, cutting across Urue Offong and connecting Ibom Deep Seaport at Mbo Local Government Area of the state. The Ibom super highway, which contract was approved and awarded by Governor Udom Emmanuel in March this 2017,is a 55.1km 12-lane ultra-modern thoroughfare with six lanes on either side of the divide, with four lanes being medial speed lane with a toll gate. the road is designed to tie into the east west road at oron LGA endpoint.

The other two lanes on either side will be service exit to surrounding communities and will also have a rail track running through the length of the super highway. The super highway, which is the first of its kind in the state, is meant to enable the people of Akwa Ibom and investors alike to have access to the seashore where Ibom Deep Seaport is sited.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 12:23am On Mar 04, 2018
grin
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Blue3k(m): 2:01am On Mar 04, 2018
Pretty cool the tolls will keep it well maintained since it will have plenty of traffic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 04, 2018
-

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 2:25am On Mar 04, 2018
Blue3k:
Pretty cool the tolls will keep it well maintained since it will have plenty of traffic.

Nice wink
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 2:27am On Mar 04, 2018
I love the foresight that AKSG is putting into this project. the road connections is impeccable, well thought out with multiple entry ways and exit to avoid the situation we have in Apapa at the moment.

33 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 04, 2018
-
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 04, 2018
-
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 2:37am On Mar 04, 2018
SoulSearching:
there should be a tower in Uyo which will be the tallest tower in Africa. the bridges should look like this

keep trying to derail the thread with your phoney pics, it dosent take away from what is coming, thats the realization of the project.

9 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by richeso: 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
Lord, let this come to pass.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Cooly100: 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
Good leaders in the state should sustain this to completion...

9 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by ubox: 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
Lalasticlala
Front page worthy
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by legitnow: 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
Blue3k:

Atouke:

keep trying to derail the thread with your phoney pics, it dosent take away from what is coming, thats the realization of the project.

Where is the deep seaport located?

Is it in the industrial city?
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Blue3k(m): 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
legitnow:

Where is the deep seaport located?

Is it in the industrial city?

Mbo local government. The port and industrial city adjacent to each other. I'll give me map later.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by legitnow: 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
Blue3k:

Mbo local government. The port and industrial city adjacent to each other. I'll give me map later.

Thank you!
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Blue3k(m): 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
legitnow:

Thank you!

Here's a link. I cant get a good screenshot. The blue box I made is the port and future expansion of port. The rest is the industrial city.

The super highway connects to port if you look at number 11.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Ttipsy(f): 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
I hope the project will be completed

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
Good development.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by ominilongest(m): 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2018
E no concern me...and to d fool wey ban me,no enter mainland o angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by SPius: 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Akwa Ibom is the future

Make i add more lands to my portfolio before prices skyrocket

After construction

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by free2ryhme: 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
white elephant project
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hope it won't be abandoned.

Do you know anybody with a samsung s6 with a dead panel?
I am willing to buy the screen.
My phone number on profile.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by miqos02(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cool
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by jerryunit48: 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Good ... if I swear for Okowa ehh... upon all the oyel money for Delta state I cannot see any mega project in the entire Delta state

8 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by ZombieBuster: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
A good one

We really need to deconjest Lagos
The pressure on that state is enormous

Let's spread the development all around

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by eleko1: 9:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
cool sai baba.Itesiwaju ilu Naijiria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by EnkayDezign4: 9:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
Impressive! What ever happened to Cross river states' super highway project?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Indimi Stuns In New Photos / "You Can Not Arrest Nnamdi Kanu, I Will Sacrifice My Life – Asari Dokubo / FG Moves To Weed Out Some Sports Betting Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.