Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,635 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory (9085 Views)

TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop / ✈✳✅Newer And Available American Used Laptops With High Ram!!! Memory. / Haweel 11000mah Power Bank With High Speed 2.1a Port & 1a Port (#5000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 30, 2017
The Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA is the industry’s first field programmable gate array (FPGA) with integrated High Bandwidth Memory DRAM (HBM2). By integrating the FPGA and the HBM2, Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGAs offer up to 10 times memory bandwidth compared to standalone DDR memory solutions. (Credit: Intel Corporation)

Intel just launched the Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA, the industry’s first field programmable gate array (FPGA) with integrated High Bandwidth Memory DRAM (HBM2).

By coordinating the FPGA and the HBM2, Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGAs present to 10 times the memory data transfer capacity when contrasted and independent DDR memory solutions1. These transmission capacity abilities make Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGAs the fundamental multi-work quickening agents for superior registering (HPC), server farms, organize capacities virtualization (NFV), and communication applications that require equipment quickening agents to accelerate mass information developments and stream information pipeline systems.

Relies on HBM2, this industry’s first FPGA can pack and quicken bigger information developments contrasted and remain solitary FPGAs. With High-Performance Data Analytics (HPDA) situations, spilling information pipeline systems like Apache* Kafka and Apache* Spark Streaming require continuous equipment speeding up. Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGAs can all the while read/compose information and encode/unscramble information progressively without troubling the host CPU processor.

Reynette Au, vice president of marketing, Intel Programmable Solutions Group said, “To efficiently accelerate these workloads, memory bandwidth needs to keep pace with the explosion in data. We designed the Intel Stratix 10 MX family to provide a new class of FPGA-based multi-function data accelerators for HPC and HPDA markets.”

The Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA family provides a maximum memory bandwidth of 512 gigabytes per second with the integrated HBM2. HBM2 vertically stacks DRAM layers using silicon via (TSV) technology. These DRAM layers sit on a base layer that connects to the FPGA using high-density micro bumps.

The Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA family uses Intel’s Embedded Multi-Die Interconnect Bridge (EMIB) that rates correspondence between FPGA texture and the DRAM. EMIB attempts to proficiently incorporate HBM2 with a superior solid FPGA texture, settling the memory data transmission bottleneck in a power-effective way.
Source https://www.seyiblog.com.ng/2017/12/intel-unveils-industrys-first-fpga.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by MrHistorian: 7:36am On Dec 30, 2017

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by koolgee(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2017
Good one
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by jeeqaa7(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2017
H
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by herdekunley9ja(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2017
k
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by dotbaba86(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2017
9ice 1
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Edopesin: 7:38am On Dec 30, 2017
MrHistorian:

I Laugh In Japanese

1 Like

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Edopesin: 7:38am On Dec 30, 2017
What Does One Say In A Thread Like This?
To Much High Level Language

6 Likes

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by drey69(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2017
What is this? Can't you break it down to a layman's language?

15 Likes

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Kunleskey(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2017
brb
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2017
can someone please translate to English

is it our conventional RAM or something else

4 Likes

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by efemena5050(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2017
Tonight i ll drink the water of the banana i bought this night and the fruit in it
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 30, 2017
Few years ago memory was a problem.
Now resources is.
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by adekhingz(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2017
Many of us don't understand those tech jargons u people r saying there. Anyway, it's a nice one. At least I saw, "To efficiently accelerate these workload (blah blah blah)

1 Like

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Bluehill1051: 7:41am On Dec 30, 2017
This is not my problem, I was told this morning,that my father married my mother at the age of 22year's and paid her Bride price,
Since morning I have been thinking about my life....smh

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by fajob: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2017
na waoh
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by adekhingz(m): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2017
So this story should come under the "phone" section abi sad
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by festwiz(m): 7:49am On Dec 30, 2017
So it's a powerful graphics card embedded in an Intel processor? Please enlighten me, i am not tech savvy on the hardware side.
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by rozayx5(m): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2017
Bluehill1051:
This is not my problem, I was told this morning,that my father married my mother at the age of 22year's and paid her Bride price,

getting married young is not the issue

feeding the family after marriage is

so dont turn yourself into an idp manager is the bid to marry early, cause children know nothing about a bad economy

5 Likes

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Scatterscatter(m): 7:59am On Dec 30, 2017
Wow..this is an awesome development, I'm excited. Kudos intel

Please don't ask me what the write up means cos I don't know sef lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by obembet(f): 8:04am On Dec 30, 2017
Scatterscatter:
Wow..this is an awesome development, I'm excited. Kudos intel

Please don't ask me what the write up means cos I don't know sef lipsrsealed
Bluehill1051:
chidichuddo:
can someone please translate to English

is it our conventional RAM or something else
Kunleskey:
brb
drey69:
Jmwad
dotbaba86:
9ice 1
herdekunley9ja:
k
MrHistorian:

We have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Atiku2019: 8:07am On Dec 30, 2017
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Atiku2019: 8:07am On Dec 30, 2017
cool
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Onechancearmy(m): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2017
I'll wait until they start integrating it into mobile phones.
Something tells me we'll need bigger and more powerful phone batteries to make the best use of such staggering memory capacity.
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2017
You want us to understand yet it is written in technical jargons.

How do you explain this to a 5 year old?
Not to talk of adults wey no dey your field?

1 Like

Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Kunleskey(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2017
obembet:

We have nothing to say
what do you except? it ain't lubricious at all
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by Edopesin: 8:27am On Dec 30, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
You want us to understand yet it is written in technical jargons.

How do you explain this to a 5 year old?
Not to talk of adults wey no dey your field?
I Just Tire
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by AiiVee(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2017
i didn't even read more that 3 lines cos all the languages me i no understand
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by sincere22k(m): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2017
Intel always leading the way. I wish the could buy Toshiba Memory division up for sale. Who so ever cement that deal will be a strong challenger.
With quantum computing for everyday use not far away, we are about to witness a whole new shift.

But it baffles me why Intel still sit on Cryptocurrencies mining hardware sideline, allowing AMD and NVIDIA take all the spoils
Re: Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory by damosade(m): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2017
just bigger memory with high performing functions in term of speed and graphics and processing power... chikena

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get All Laptop Batteries And Keyboard At An Affordable Prices / How To Watch All Dstv Channels For Free In Hd (09/11/2013)..no Monthly Payments. / Laptop Problems: Compaq Presario 1200 and IBM T21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.