Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB (796 Views)

Photos; Abdulsalami Abubakar, Babangida And Others In Minna For The Sallah / Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ayegba Israel Ebije

5 April 2010

Minna — Nigerians living in the US have concluded plans to storm the hill top residence of former Military President of Nigeria, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida to woo him for the 2011 presidential election.

The group consisting of more than 250 members are expected to be in the country to formally persuade the former military leader to run for the top job.

The group under the name "IBB Project 2011-USA", in a letter signed by its chairman Mr. Ayodele Oladele, on Sunday in Minna said it would use its contact within and outside the country to ensure that Babangida sails through to the presidency.

The letter also stated that a mass media sensitization campaign will be organized in Washington and major cities of Europe by the end of April to create awareness and solicit support for the General.

"We cannot deny the fact that our dear country, Nigeria, needs not only visionary a leader, but a tested and well groomed individual, who has the ability and capability to lead this country from the woods we have found ourselves as a result of the recent political development in the country," the group said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201004060180.html
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2010
A Bunch of misguided souls.

A thoroughly discredited IBB undecided

God help us in 2011.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Dominoifet(m): 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2010
What da F!!! Yoruba men have started again? 4getting everytin IBB did against Yoruba. Shame!!! I think that Ola is cursed. Based in US and no head 2 think. Is all this thin not going 2 end?. It is driving me crazy.

Such deranged goons
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by oderemo(m): 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2010
"
IBB Project 2011-USA
just like the 1 mill. man march, idiot them.
oladele we are waiting 4 you.bring it on.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2010
all kinds of groups for naija
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by sjeezy8: 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2010
Business is business as usual politics are politics as usual. sentiment aside
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by desgiezd(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2010
A bunch of jobless people seeking to impose an expired leader who once had a shinning opportunity to engrave his name in gold on the sands of time but chose instead to write his name in ashes and now seeking relevance to re-write history. Nigerians are no fools even if these so called American based guys are.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by safariman(m): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2010
Kai, I guess if Abacha was still alive, they'll try to recruit him, senseless individuals looking to chop money and attention seekers. Follow the money, I bet IBB is behind this with all his illgotten riches
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2010
Imagine if Goodluck does a great Job which we know he will do between now and next year , and then we are thrown back to the past with IBB next year, undoing all the good works of Goodluck.

I suspect that might be the end of Nigeria.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by jamace(m): 3:00am On Apr 07, 2010
They are wasting their money and time. IBB is expired!
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Fhemmmy: 3:03am On Apr 07, 2010
I will soon be able to say, I said so
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 07, 2010
frosbel:

Imagine if Goodluck does a great Job which we know he will do between now and next year , and then we are thrown back to the past with IBB next year, undoing all the good works of Goodluck.

i think you just made a limerick
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Fhemmmy: 3:08am On Apr 07, 2010
frosbel:

What makes u to be so sure of what Jonathan would do?
He has always been part of the govt that has stall Nigeria for the last 3 years, so what would be so different about him?
He dissolve a whole Cabinet and yet call almost all of them back to be re-sworn in and all that waste of time of activities, so tell me what has all that to achieve?
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What makes u to be so sure of what Jonathan would do?
He has always been part of the govt that has stall Nigeria for the last 3 years, so what would be so different about him?
He dissolve a whole Cabinet and yet call almost all of them back to be re-sworn in and all that waste of time of activities, so tell me what has all that to achieve?

But he has risen to power amidst a very chaotic power struggle and has handled the ensuing drama in a very cool and calculated manner.

I think thats a very invaluable quality as a leader and the kind we need in Nigeria, not some rash attitude kind of person.

But lets wait and see what policy initiatives he and the new cabinet will come up with shortly , already he has decided to take the one of electricity very seriously which is commendable indeed.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:34am On Apr 07, 2010
Money makes the world go around.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by newmaster(m): 8:44am On Apr 07, 2010
ibb illgotten riches money is talking, the evil man
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by otawa: 9:17am On Apr 07, 2010

The only good work, GoodLuck can do is to ensure that Ribadu finally put his wife Patience behind bars for the money laundering of $2,000,0000.00 in August 2006.

Anything short of that means GoodLuck is just deceving 'gullible' Nigerians like Mr Obasanjo did for 8 years.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2010
GoodLuck can do is to ensure that Ribadu finally put his wife Patience behind bars for the money laundering of $2,000,0000.00 in August 2006.

Evidence please, evidence.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2010
frosbel:

But he has risen to power amidst a very chaotic power struggle and has handled the ensuing drama in a very cool and calculated manner.

I think thats a very invaluable quality as a leader and the kind we need in Nigeria, not some rash attitude kind of person.

But lets wait and see what policy initiatives he and the new cabinet will come up with shortly , already he has decided to take the one of electricity very seriously which is commendable indeed.

OBJ spent billions with his numerous noise on the power problem in Nigeria, so i will admit that Jonathan has started well, so i wish him the best with hsi quest to fix the power generation in Nigeria.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nneomaj(f): 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
IBB will never preside over Nigeria again.
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by desgiezd(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2010
Nneomaj:

IBB will never preside over Nigeria again.

A million AMENs to that
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by dayokanu(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2010
Evidence please, evidence.

Did you ask for evidence when the saud IBB stole 12billion?
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2010
dayokanu:

But where did u get your own facts from?
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2010
dayokanu:

lol, I cannot believe you said what you just said.

Anyway just to make you happy :

Evidence 1 : http://allafrica.com/stories/200007240400.html
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^ Lol
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by sesman(m): 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2010
IBB for President my foot, this must be a belated April fool's day joke, I laugh in cantonese grin
Re: 2011 - US - based Countrymen To Storm Minna For IBB by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
sesman:

IBB for President my foot, this must be a belated April fool's day joke, I laugh in cantonese grin

Dont laff too hard yet, cos u might need your rib cage when it actually happen

(1) (Reply)

Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! / Babangida Is Wasting His Time - Prophet / Earthqake,tsunami May Hit Nigeria - God Please Help Us, Dont Let It Happen! Amen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.