Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Marriage Is Overated. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Overated. (1202 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Overated. by Fxwarrior: 12:55am On Dec 31, 2017
Behind the smiles in the day times and the laughter is the agony and turmoil in the night occasioned by suspicions, doubts and fears in various homes. Its better to be a bachelor or spinster than to live a lifetime of regrets in marriage.
Even the counsellors and advisers don't have it any better; if you doubt, ask Pst and Mrs Chris Oyakhilome.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 31, 2017
Truly. I miss being a bachelor
Re: Marriage Is Overated. by sinaj(f): 1:09am On Dec 31, 2017
Being lonely is no better either wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Fxwarrior: 1:31am On Dec 31, 2017
sinaj:
Being lonely is no better either wink

Better lonely and in peace than having a bad company. Are you married?

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 31, 2017
Fxwarrior:

Better lonely in peace bro

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by cassidy1996(m): 6:29am On Dec 31, 2017
BABA GOD! please give me my wife

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by sinaj(f): 7:11am On Dec 31, 2017
Fxwarrior:

nah, m nt
Re: Marriage Is Overated. by sinaj(f): 7:14am On Dec 31, 2017
obitee69:

Better lonely in peace bro
u'll b lonely in peace until u hit 50yrs. Thats when u'll know the importance of a spouse.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Fxwarrior: 7:19am On Dec 31, 2017
sinaj:
u'll b lonely in peace until u hit 50yrs. Thats when u'll know the importance of a spouse.

Babe don't get us wrong. We do not advocate for celibacy. The essence of this post is for people to be very careful before they say: "I do", to someone.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by sinaj(f): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2017
Fxwarrior:

Babe don't get us wrong. We do not advocate for celibacy. The essence of this post is for people to be very careful before they say: "I do", to someone.
Yea I gerit. I knw it can be sooo stressful nd come with pains sometimes esp wen one ends up with d wrong partner but op made it seem as if staying single is better off in his post i quoted.
Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 31, 2017
Marriage is sacred to only those who has never been married.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:46am On Dec 31, 2017
its not overrated. the issue is u did not chose correctly, or its arrange marraige
Re: Marriage Is Overated. by ImaIma1(f): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2017
Why choose to look on the dark side rather than the bright side? Pastor Chris and Anita is the best you can do?
Couples are enjoying their marriages but you are having headaches for those that are not.

Marriage has its ups and downs like life does but do you give up your life?

Please try to be an optimistic person because you will keep attracting negativity.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by jaszplus12(m): 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
cassidy1996:
she go soon dial your number...stay focussed!
Re: Marriage Is Overated. by cassidy1996(m): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
jaszplus12:

she go soon dial your number...stay focussed!
Thanks Bro....

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Jman06(m): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Before I marry, I will take my fiance out on date in a quiet environment. We will sit down and have a heart to heart talk. We will fashion out a plan on how to make our marriage work. We'll develop methods of tackling issues that easily tear other people's marriages apart.

Even when we are married, we will still be going on such dates just to trash out any issues and forge a way forward. Marriage requires alot of work and those who fail in it are those who stopped working on it. Nothing good comes easy including a good marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Juliearth(f): 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
Jman06:
Before I marry, I will take my fiance out on date in a quiet environment. We will sit down and have a heart to heart talk. We will fashion out a plan on how to make our marriage work. We'll develop methods of tackling issues that easily tear other people's marriages apart.

Even when we are married, we will still be going on such dates just to trash out any issues and forge a way forward. Marriage requires alot of work and those who fail in it are those who stopped working on it. Nothing good comes easy including a good marriage.

I am sure all these married folks complaining had strategies mapped out,but things dont always go as planned. Pray for God's grace, wisdom and patience to handle things maturely.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Jman06(m): 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Juliearth:

I am sure all these married folks complaining had strategies mapped out,but things dont always go as planned. Pray for God's grace, wisdom and patience to handle things maturely.
My dear, in most cases it is lack of work and communication that kills marriages. After the initial euphoria, when the couple begin to get tired of the attractions that got them together, many people fail to work on the marriage to keep the union growing. Working on the marriage entails learning to be patient with each other, forgiveness, striving to play your roles very well and a lot of communication. It entails not giving your partner what you cannot take from him/her.
Marriage is not a bed of roses, but if the couple resolve to make it work, it will work.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Overated. by Ezionye(f): 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
cassidy1996:

Meanwhile, why is your personal text " hear the children crying"
Re: Marriage Is Overated. by cassidy1996(m): 11:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ezionye:

Meanwhile, why is your personal text " hear the children crying"
we cry, cause the suffering is getting too much
Re: Marriage Is Overated. by mrsthang: 12:15am On Jan 01, 2018
It can be great,has highs and lows..Mostly highs
Everyone has their cross to carry,hopefully your own isn't too heavy for you
Choose carefully.

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Leave The Village For The City. / I Lost My Dad Today. / Are Women More Powerful Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.