Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? (925 Views)

Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by dontbothermuch: 7:59am On Dec 31, 2017
This card maintenance charges is both annoying as well as ridiculous.

I just got several debit alert this month, coming from the month of January to November at once. At a charge fee of N52. Even when i was even out of town on the months of February to April,

I asked a friend of mine in the US about card maintenance charges deductions from their personal accounts, he laughed & said that's the most ridiculous thing he has ever heard.

My question is, isn't it the same technology SIM card uses? The same chips and all that. Why don't MTN or other service providers ask for same charges?
I might be ignorant though. But when the ATM's were first introduced, who was paying for this charges? Was it subsidized then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by chicoMX(m): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2017
That's how it has been, and by January they will deduct about #100+ for annual whatever.
Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by dontbothermuch: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2017
chicoMX:
That's how it has been, and by January they will deduct about #100+ for annual whatever.

Mehn! I don't seem to understand. And the masses using ATM's arent bothered or what?

Is this not equivalent to hike in petroleum product, that has got people talking?

1 Like

Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by lalanice(f): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2017
That's the thing with this country, every organization is becoming fraudulent especially banks, and that makes it worse. Network providers are not left out. And you know in Nigeria unless and until it costs human life nobody talks about a solution.

3 Likes

Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by Deelaw(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2017
I thot I was d only one it happened to. I was charged 6months at a stretch (N52.50k each) just like dat. I just went straight up and withdrew all d money b4 those creeps finish it up!

The telco companies too (especially Airtel) are gettin worse by d day, everyone seems to be doing what dey like cos d country has become a failed state.

Its a pity though!

1 Like

Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by dominique(f): 9:12am On Dec 31, 2017
My own case is even worse because I don't receive alerts. Most times I check my account online and see another deduction has occurred. What are the CBN and other regulatory bodies doing about this?
Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by dingbang(m): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2017
Even in our daily transactions, we steal cheat people. The filling stations, the market, the churches, the mosques, the government, the masses, everyone cheats each other at some point.

As long as its Nigeria, anything goes. Well, we are the cause of our problems.

1 Like

Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by dontbothermuch: 9:25am On Dec 31, 2017
lalanice:
That's the thing with this country, every organization is becoming fraudulent especially banks, and that makes it worse. Network providers are not left out. And you know in Nigeria unless and until it costs human life nobody talks about a solution.

I tell you
Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by dontbothermuch: 9:27am On Dec 31, 2017
dingbang:
Even in our daily transactions, we steal cheat people. The filling stations, the market, the churches, the mosques, the government, the masses, everyone cheats each other at some point.

As long as its Nigeria, anything goes. Well, we are the cause of our problems.

Every organization tries to steal.

Go for driving licence renewal you see cheating

Go for intl. Passport, same thing

Everywhere.
Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by dontbothermuch: 9:29am On Dec 31, 2017
dominique:
My own case is even worse because I don't receive alerts. Most times I check my account online and see another deduction has occurred. What are the CBN and other regulatory bodies doing about this?

They are doing nothing, cuz they know we can't do anything
Re: Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? by dontbothermuch: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2017
Please who knows how to push this to front page.

Lets start from somewhere pls.

(1) (Reply)

Win #5000 Worth Of Airtime Of Glo, Mtn, Airtel And 9mobile @ Www.nairaswipe.com / I Buy Itunes Cards And Any Other Gift Card In Exchange Of Money / Do I Need To Register My Online Newspaper With Any Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.