Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo (11837 Views)

Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Your Failure Is Personal, Not A Generation Problem – Tinubu Replies Jonathan / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by tomidayspring: 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2010
debosky:

Can you imagine? So as a 'Pastor' he has no ability to decide what is private and what is public to him?  

I am a committed christian and i dont have anything against Bishop oyedepo but in my opinion

"OYEDEPO SHOULD NOT HAVE HONORED THE INVITATION,AND I THINK HE WENT TOO FAR ON THIS ONE"

By doing so he has become a polarising figure which is not consistent with his calling, the purpose of the invitation is clear to everyone, they are just using him to validate the existence of yar adua, he shouldnt be deceiving himself that his prayers are needed.

He should have asked himself if Yar adua's, 2nd in command is being prevented from seeing him, then why me?

And i am sure he never took into consideration the stance that his fellow man of God, Bakare has taken on this issue. He should have taken consultation with other strong members of the PFN before going because his actions will indirectly affect other pastors. 

For those of you who conversant with the Act of Apostle, kindly Imagine Peter making such move without the approval of the Jerusalem council.

I dont care if he divulge whatever he knows or not Because he has already brought him self into this controversy which the church doesnt need.

This is a selfish move, either way may God HELP HIM!

cry cry cry
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by talkmarkay(m): 1:48pm On Apr 07, 2010
I think we need to give respect to our religious leader in this country,
If You are a Christian, you need to respect your leader
If you are a Muslim You also need to respect your Leader
Let God Justify them by their acts
Also Muslims must respect Christians likewise the Christians must also respect Muslims

The Issue of Religious Leader Seen President and not Addressing it in Public is best known to them
Let look at the Security risk of the Nation entirely, nobody will like to be source of problem to his/her country.
Anything these leaders says may be counted against the security of the country,

So I believe that we should be praying for fast recovery of our ailing president.

Thank God we have the acting President ruling the nation.
So why can't be calm down and see the end result of this hullabaloo?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Bukittes(f): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2010
I don't think Bishop Oyedepo has acted or spoken unwisely here. He is not denying the visit but he is not ready to disclose the state of the president's health and what business transacted on that mission. Some reported that the president said amen to prayers while some said he lifted his hand albeit frailly and another report said he couldn't talk then one even said he was seated! We really don't know which to believe but like the Bishop said here, it is a personal thing and he is not ready to disclose, I'm sure he is being very careful not to lie to Nigerians and offend His God. Mute is the word!! I salute your sincerity sir. Why don't we all just wait to see where this is going to end in this Yaradua Saga? Don't blame any cleric for disclosure or non - disclosure, I am sure they have our interest at heart as a nation.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by AjanleKoko: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
Bunch of emotional responses if you ask me.

The man refusing to divulge is not a bad thing in itself. And come to think of it, why all this pent-up aggro against pastors? Are they forcing anyone to attend their churches? To those who are atheists, why don't you have a crack at fixing the nation? If you don't like the current crop, enter politics, or better yet, raise a bunch of rebels like Che Guevera, rather than whinging on the Internet.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by naijaswag1: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2010
This why Nigeria no go better.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nigerd(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
talkmarkay:

I think we need to give respect to our religious leader in this country,
If You are a Christian, you need to respect your leader
If you are a Muslim You also need to respect your Leader
Let God Justify them by their acts
Also Muslims must respect Christians likewise the Christians must also respect Muslims

The Issue of Religious Leader Seen President and not Addressing it in Public is best known to them
Let look at the Security risk of the Nation entirely, nobody will like to be source of problem to his/her country.
Anything these leaders says may be counted against the security of the country,

So I believe that we should be praying for fast recovery of our ailing president.

Thank God we have the acting President ruling the nation.
So why can't be calm down and see the end result of this hullabaloo?  

Not that we don't give them respect,

they dnt need to deceive us, going to to the villa to display their personal ego in detriment of their calling not to avail their personal interest to God's calling.

that what am against.

because i see their going to be personal not national
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by MsTom(f): 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
I am speechless. ***SMH***
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2010
Niger_d:

Not that we don't give them respect,

they dnt need to deceive us, going to to the villa to display their personal ego in detriment of their calling not to avail their personal interest to God's calling.

that what am against.

because i see their going to be personal not national

Are they supposed to be representing the nation? what of their portfolio says so?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Dominoifet(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2010
I weep for this fools who don't have understanding follow pope, follow pastor, follow Bishop, follow Imam, amen. Just like fela said.

Enjoy for heaven, amen.

Open ur eyes everywhere, pope na enjoyment, imamu na gbaladun ehn hahahaha. Enjoy for heaven.

Heaven wey dem papa never go. Wey dem self will never go.

Fools will still b saying, watch d way u talk about men of devils.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by cicero(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2010
Bishop Oyedepo will not condescend to being a politician or an activist, he occupies a more exalted position.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nigerd(m): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2010
Dominoifet:

I weep for this fools who don't have understanding follow pope, follow pastor, follow Bishop, follow Imam, amen. Just like fela said.

Enjoy for heaven, amen.

Open your eyes everywhere, pope na enjoyment, imamu na gbaladun ehn hahahaha. Enjoy for heaven.

Heaven wey dem papa never go. Wey dem self will  never go.

mind u am not saying that they are men of Devil,  am just trying to seperate their personal intents and national intents
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2010
debosky:

Can you imagine? So as a 'Pastor' he has no ability to decide what is private and what is public to him?  

What are you on about David? How is he helping anyone perpetrate fraud? He said he visited Yar'adua and refused to say more - what have the comments made by the others who allegedly visited him done?

You guys and emotional responses - he has done NOTHING wrong by refusing to divulge matters he regards as personal. He is not a government official, neither is he answerable to anyone if he paid Yar'adua a visit in a personal capacity.

If Oyedepo had that much of a personal relationship with the Yar'aduas he should have been invited on his own merit in the last 4months. His visit would not have been instituted on the back of protest by the christain population against percieved sectionalization of Yar'adua health issue.

So Oyedepo went their as a representative of a section of this country and there is nothing personal about this visit as he would like to claim.

I think Oyedepo should have a reflection and ask himself. If the Yar'adua debacle leads to break down of law and order someday in future and some people get killed. Will it be fair to hold him responsible as one of those Nigerians who were complicit and refused to speak truth to power in the face of an emerging crisis?

What has happened in Nigeria in the last 4 months would have caused an unimaginable catastrophe in countries like Somalia, Congo etc. This is why we have to be careful not to ride our luck too much.

Oyedepo should stop playing God when previlieged to be put in public trust. This situation has the capacity to endanger the future of Nigeria which by the way includes the future of members of his congregation.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by marvix(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
hexcraft:

Marvix, Please ready your Bible very well and if you don't have, you can get one at www.uccb.org.
Meanwhile, you are like one of those that have allowed the doctrines of self praise of these our so-called men of God to soak your brain.
Jesus Christ Heal, Dine and Prayed for the Sick. Was it done in secrecy? Our president is an ordinary human being that can fall sick and recover. Why should it be hidden from people. meanwhile, he is presently Nigerian's property.
The Scripture is very clear and understandable, so, stop deluding your self.
Given the number of religious "Men of God in this country", yet we are still among the poorest of nations. Also Don't forget that Jesus never owned cattles and sheep in his days (for we were his flocks) but that is the contrary to what we have today. and yet then, the men of God of those days could still preach and heal the sick.

We should call a spade a spade, and stop deceiving ourselves in this Country. I thank God, that in-as-much as we have those killing the country, alot are also doing good work to balance it out.

Never you look at the content of a man, but at the qualities and virtues of the MAN.

Our President is a very Good man, from the little I know, People should stop compounding his problem. He might be willing to come out, the frustration from those around him is highly weighing him down. They should allow this man to have his remaining days in bliss (if he has any left.)

May God grant him quick recovery (If he is alive)  - Amen.

@Hexcraft even Jesus when he performed miracles do ask his beneficiaries to go and tell no one, definiteky he wasnt the one telling everyone about his miracles but people that saw him perform the miracles.
Where does the bible forbid pastors for going to pray for leaders of other faith, Nebucadnezzer was definitely a wicked ruler but Daniel a prophet of God worked in his court.
I think you need to read ur bible properly and this forum isnt meant to be sentimental but fact and issue based
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
Dominoifet:

I[b] weep for this fools who don't have understanding[/b] follow pope, follow pastor, follow Bishop, follow Imam, amen. Just like fela said.

Enjoy for heaven, amen.

Open your eyes everywhere, pope na enjoyment, imamu na gbaladun ehn hahahaha. Enjoy for heaven.

Heaven wey dem papa never go. Wey dem self will never go.

Do u need to call them names?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
what Oyedepo has done so far is classical political equivocation you will expect from politicians with no concience, not a pastor.

He should spare us his sermon on integrity because he has an integrity deficit.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fant(m): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2010
Some people are just bunch of carrots. They speak without reasoning. They scorn with their mouth. They swim in foolishness. It baffles me that some fools will just not mind their business. Who made those critics of Oyedepo judges. God has blessed him and their is absolutely nothing anyone even the government can do to him, so why ants speak of him without respect. If his prosperity disturbs you, then i advise you should attempt taking his life either by charms or any other means and let us see what you can do. But if you cant then shut up your mouth. The bishop is not a politician and as such may decide not to comment on his visit to the president. Some goats are just seeking means to express their envy for the mans prosperity. One fool said he wished he was a pastor, let me ask you, who stopped you? I can still answer the question, your foolishness and sinful life stopped. You. Watch your tongue and please if you need info about the president, go to aso rock and not seek gossips from others.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by switch411(m): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2010
There is nothing wrong at all with the interview bishop oyedepo had, haters will always say something no matter what. all is cool jare. Those criticizing are worse than Devils and are lost inside, they specialize in name calling on the internet , they are frustrated and sick.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2010
mikeansy:

what Oyedepo has done so far is classical political equivocation you will expect from politicians with no concience, not a pastor.

What exactly has he done?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2010
switch411:

There is nothing wrong at all with the interview bishop oyedepo had, haters will always say something no matter what. all is cool jare. Those criticizing are worse than Devils and are lost inside, they specialize in name calling on the internet , they are frustrated and sick.

You just joined in the name calling too . . . . .lol
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by debosky(m): 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2010
Niger_d:

As a Public/Religious Figure, there is nothing personal what so ever he do or does has an eagle eye who is watching.

Rubbish - you might as well ask him whether his wife sleeps wearing silk or cotton underwear since there is nothing personal. What kind of inverted reasoning is this?

and if he has to visit the ailing presido. it must not be at the instance to balance religious equation.

Who told YOU that it was at the instance of balancing some ridiculous religious equation? He said his visit was PRIVATE, not religious so again, you're just shooting the breeze and not making any points.

He has no personal life.

Even the US President has a personal life, not to mention an 'ordinary' Pastor in Nigeria.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What exactly has he done?

He had the option of remaining private by declining the offer to visit the President on behalf of the christain population protesting the selective visit by imams. But he chose the opposite.

He chose to be the eyes of the Christain population of this country.

And just like the Imam did, he has a duty to give us an account of his own visit to Yar'adua. Otherwise he should leave his head in the sand as he has chosen to and stop claiming there is anything personal about his visit to Yar'adua.

There is nothing personal when you are appointed on the back of protest by the christain population of the country to see the President.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2010
debosky:

Rubbish - you might as well ask him whether his wife sleeps wearing silk or cotton underwear since there is nothing personal. What kind of inverted reasoning is this?

Who told YOU that it was at the instance of balancing some ridiculous religious equation? He said his visit was PRIVATE, not religious so again, you're just shooting the breeze and not making any points.

Even the US President has a personal life, not to mention an 'ordinary' Pastor in Nigeria.

Thanks for those great comments.
The man's visit was personal, not religious, not political and yet people wants him to talk about him.
They were same people that said Dora talks too much, na wa for us sha
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by debosky(m): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2010
mikeansy:

Kindly tell us what 'political equivocation' means in this case. Is he a political representative or an appointee of anyone? He said his visit was private and nothing more.

How that implies an integrity deficit is beyond me. A lot of you just want to blame somebody, anybody, whether or not they have any say in the matter or not.

Oyedepo has done NOTHING wrong.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
mikeansy:

He had the option of remaining private by not going near Aso Rock at all. But he chose the opposite.

And just like the Imam did, he has a duty to give us an account of his own visit to Yar'adua. Otherwise he should leave his head in the sand as he has chosen to and stop claiming there is anything personal about his visit to Yar'adua.

There is nothing personal when you are appointed on the back of protest by the christain population of the country to see the President.

Is he the head of Christians in Nigeria?
Was his visit to Aso rock political?
Was the visit about religions?
His visit was a personal visit, he saw yaradua or not, that is his own personal business, and he has the right to share with us or not.

If the nation or people voted him in and paid him to go on the visit, then, it is a different case entirely.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2010
We were all blaming Dora when she started talking too much, now a man has decided to be mute on something that concerns him and how he spent his day, we find it offensive.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2010
debosky:

Kindly tell us what 'political equivocation' means in this case. Is he a political representative or an appointee of anyone? He said his visit was private and nothing more.

How that implies an integrity deficit is beyond me. A lot of you just want to blame somebody, anybody, whether or not they have any say in the matter or not.

Oyedepo has done NOTHING wrong.

He was not invited on the merit of his private relationship with the Yar'aduas.

Its been 4 months and nobody invited him.

But when christains protested the visit by Imams, he got invitation within one week. Now there is nothing personal or private about such a visit.
He went their on behalf of the christain population and has a duty to let us know if he also saw Yar'adua drinking kunu or just narate like the chief Imam of Abuja mosque did.

His refusal to say anything, keep a disturbing silence and turn around to lecture everyone else on integrity amounts to equivocation.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Dominoifet(m): 2:46pm On Apr 07, 2010
@Niger_d

mind u am not saying that they are men of Devil,  am just trying to seperate their personal intents and national intents

I never quoted u either my friend.
I have seen too many things that u can't count. I know exactly my words.

If ur not with God then u r of d devil. There is no middle ground. By their fruits u shall know them.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by debosky(m): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2010
mikeansy:

He had the option of remaining private by not going near Aso Rock at all. But he chose the opposite.

Is he not a Nigerian citizen? He has every right to visit Aso Rock if he wants to. Dozens visit Aso Rock daily and do not tell you what resulted from their conversations.

Rubbish - did YOU choose him? Did your church choose him? How is he the eyes of ANYONE? He is NOT my eyes and I am a Christian so that alone defeats your erroneous notion.

He has no duty to give you ANYTHING from a private visit. You neither appointed him nor did you pay his airfare or bus fare to Aso Rock. He is not answerable to you or anyone else if he makes a private visit. Let the Imams tell you the colour of Yar’adua’s babariga if they want, that is THEIR prerogative, just like it’s Oyedepo’s to keep what he regards as private as such.

Where is the proof that he was ‘appointed’ to see the president as a result of the protest by the Christian population?

Is he the head of CAN, PFN or any of the recognised Christian bodies? Is he the Presidential Chaplain? What exactly makes him the ‘appointee’ of the Christian population except for your misguided thinking?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by CRonaldo2: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2010
It suprise me alot how Nigerians reason, Maybe is out of mischievious or pure ignorance but I want to believe the former. Firstly, for people to keep saying repeatedly that Goodluck has not seen Yaradua is pure ignorance. Because Goodluck has not spoken about it does not mean he has not seen him and I strongly believe that he has seen him.

Also on the clerics visit, are you saying that Bishop Oyedepo and others should have turned down request to come and pray for their president that is sick? Were you also expecting the pastors to come back and start describing how sick the president is?? Of what benefit will their so call "confession" be to the nation?

To me, any wiseman will behalf exactly as Bishop Oyedepo behaved here, wisdom is profitable to direct. He visited and prayed for the president of his station, end of story and I believe he would have shared his experience with other PFN pastors for them to join in prayer.

If Nigeria want to know about the state of their president they should do it in whatever way they want and not expect the minister of God to do it for them. NLC can channel all their energy towards IWU and even threatening to go on strike but they haven't done nothing about their big boss whereabout.

Pastors are trained to keep secrets and respect privacy and it would have been a big disappointment if they have acted otherwise.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Chefo(m): 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2010
Please members I 'll advice us never to judge anyone neither the CAN nor Bishop Oyedepo please let God judge chekena!
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2010
mikeansy:

But when christains protested the visit by Imams, he got invitation within one week. Now there is nothing personal or private about such a visit.
He went their on behalf of the christain population and has a duty to let us know if he also saw Yar'adua drinking kunu or just narate like the chief Imam of Abuja mosque did.

His refusal to say anything, keep a disturbing silence and turn around to lecture everyone else on integrity amounts to equivocation.

He was invited and when they invited him, did they said, he was representing any church, group or person?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by debosky(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2010
mikeansy:

So when he wasn’t invited in 4 months it means it was not on the merit of the private relationship? Can you explain how you know this? Or are you the personal scheduler of the Yar’adua household?

But when christains protested the visit by Imams, he got invitation within one week.

Why not the CAN President - again I ask, who is Oyedepo? Is his church the largest in Nigeria or the most popular? He represents no one but himself, especially when he states he was on a PRIVATE visit.

Now there is nothing personal or private about such a visit.

Kindly show us where the Christian population elected him to represent them, or where he was chosen as their spokesman.

Disturbing silence on what? The visit was private - till you bring out one OUNCE of EVIDENCE to show otherwise, you might as well try to grab hold of the wind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Political Platform On Raypower / What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. / Minimum Wage: TUC Reacts To Fears Of Buhari Govt Scamming Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.