Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,498 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo (11824 Views)

Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Your Failure Is Personal, Not A Generation Problem – Tinubu Replies Jonathan / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by WhyAWhy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2010
I fit give you groundnut join am grin
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by shilling(f): 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2010
Our President is sick, and it's only fair that the nation knows what's going on with his state of heath. He obviously doesn't think he owes us an explanation for being AWOL. . . fine and good. Now, can we move on to pray for Jonathan and his administration - that they succeed in moving Nigeria forward instead of debating over Bishop Oyedepo's visit. It is over and done with, you may lose all the respect you had for him, and that's ok. I still don't understand why people focus on such trivial issues. Maybe, some one could explain why this is worth 7 pages of debate. I don't see this going anywhere.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Kennyyo: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2010
@WhyAWhy: Your comment goes a long way to prove my point: most of you are narrowminded pious individuals who cannot accept another persons opinion and criticism. THE GREATEST MATURITY IS TO BE ABLE TO ACCEPT CRITISCISM AND CHANGE WHEN NECESSARY.

p.s:no be my fault say na sawdust full your head,refugee like u wen no know anything other than kwaffin garium wit gnut.una toilet don hear am.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by CRonaldo2: 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2010
Kennyyo:

Narrowminded chuchgoers!!!! If they are not obliged to diclose any info to the people, have you stopped to ask yourselves why they have gone ahead to brief the ag. president on what they saw? Or does divulging the info to just one third party not break the rules you are using to justify them?

"Broadminded" idol worshipper, were you there with them to know exactly what was discussed with Acting President? I still can't believe that people still think that Goodluck has not seen Yaradua. The hungry pressmen are just decieving the public, my instinct tells me that Goodluck is very much in touch with yaradua situation. Don't be decieved by your "broadmind".
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2010
C_Ronaldo:

"Broadminded" idol worshipper, were you there with them to know exactly what was discussed with Acting President? I still can't believe that people still think that Goodluck has not seen Yaradua. The hungry pressmen are just decieving the public, my instinct tells me that Goodluck is very much in touch with yaradua situation. Don't be decieved by your "broadmind".

It is always nice to go by fact and not by what you think.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by CRonaldo2: 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

It is always nice to go by fact and not by what you think.

Can you please tell me what the facts are? Any prove that Goodluck has not seen Yaradua?? Any prove of what the clerics discussed with Goodluck
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2010
C_Ronaldo:

Can you please tell me what the facts are? Any prove that Goodluck has not seen Yaradua?? Any prove of what the clerics discussed with Goodluck

I dont have facts and at same time, i dont wanna go guessing that Jonathan has seen Yaradua, i dont wanna go guessing on what the Clerics discussed with yaradua or Jonathan, i am sure at the right time, all hidden will be made known.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by flesilog: 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2010
You don't truly know a person until you get close to such an individual. Taking about Oyedepo, if you want to know him, get close to him and I believe the veil covering your eyes of understanding will be completely removed. Honestly speaking, the man is a blessing to our generation and of course a man of INTEGRITY to the core.

Our Paul the "Saul" did more than those of you criticizing the man of God but later miraculous got saved.!! By research, most of the people either complaining or criticizing men of God are either spritually short-sighted believers or unsaved people, examine your self to know where you belong while we are all believing God for your salvation.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by g4d4f1(m): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2010
Without much being said, the president, his cohorts , those aiding and suppressing the truth just made a mountain of a molehill. What was meant to be as simple as treating the man for his aillness just became everyone`s headache.
Since when did the relationship between the bishop and the president become personal? Did he all of a sudden loose the ability to speak the truth without fear?
I have a strong feeling this president is gone and they`ve employed psychologists, scientists,lawyers, magicians whom are yet to find the best possible lie to feed everyone else out of the knowledge.
All these are excuses for corrupt individuals to bask in their flagrant practices and encourage followership.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by oge4real(f): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2010
Mind what u say about a man of God.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by nex(m): 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2010
Vanity is a sin.

They went there not because of money but as an opportunity to be among the chosen few that've seen Yar'Adua. Sin is what they've committed and they have seen what will put them in trouble if they speak.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Apr 08, 2010
nex:

Vanity is a sin.

They went there not because of money but as an opportunity to be among the chosen few that've seen Yar'Adua. Sin is what they've committed and they have seen what will put them in trouble if they speak.

Sin cos they went to see a man that is sick ?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by jimmysho(m): 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2010
i want to assume that oyedepo dont want to over heat the system that was the reason why he declined comment on the yaradua saga
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2010
jimmysho:

i want to assume that oyedepo dont want to over heat the system that was the reason why he declined comment on the yaradua saga

Matured mind knows when to talk and when not to
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by coolcore: 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2010
He is a Man of God and not a politcian does not owe anybody, any nigerian or even you on nairaland any explnation Beware you are all warned, mind what what you say about ministers of God
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by adconline(m): 12:42am On Apr 09, 2010
How many times  was Oyedepo invited to the Aso Rock to pray for Yar'dua when he was healthy? Or what was his relationship with Yar'dua prior to his sickness? Why didn't Oyedepo extract an agreement from those who organised the meeting or prayer that it must be strictly private and that it must be by his own terms not theirs. The cabals made it public that Xtian leaders visited including Oyedepo to lend credence to the fact Yar'dua is still alive? Naija  is a country where accountability is abhorred, so Oyedepo does not have to give account of his visit , never mind that he went under PFN. Carry go , preach and minister to the highest bidder. going! going!! going!!! GONE

Our Paul the "Saul" did more than those of you criticizing the man of God but later miraculous got saved.!! By research, most of the people either complaining or criticizing men of God are either spritually short-sighted believers or unsaved people, examine your self to know where you belong while we are all believing God for your salvation

I said this before. This is blind followership. PFN today would not have been in existence without Reformation by Martin Luther (nor Jr.) who confronted the pope.This singular act brought about PFN. Paul would have been killed by Sanhedrin Coucil he had not spoken about his convictions to spread the gospel. It was Gamaliel, even though he was not a Christian saved Paul nay Christianity, but Naija Christians today detest any form of critical thinking let alone criticism.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by tjadeba(m): 1:05am On Apr 09, 2010
I feel the greivances of people wanting to know the exact state of the president, Beleive me,it is our civic responsibility to demand the state of the president's health in as much as he has not resigned his position, Forget the fact that there is an acting president now, Nigeria is not a banana republic and we should not turn it into one.This is a reason why the so-called men of God should have put in mind before accepting to visit him, Their visit to UMYA can never be private at this time,people pls think about that.
Be that as it may,what is the hue and cry about Oyedepo?is he not the same Oyedepo?Please leave the man and his gullible followers.Nigeria is the only place that these so-called men of God can operate because we are the most gullible people in the whole world, their phrase is always "do not question the man of God", "you are jealous of his success"-for heavens sake,he made this riches out of them.Most of these men of God operate just like Rev.King,the only difference being they do not flog their congregation and subject them to sexual exploitation, but  all other forms of exploitations do exist.These guys are con artists, they can operate only in Nigeria, I know they would always pray that we Nigerians do not get wise as a people,
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by JoeGaruba: 1:10am On Apr 09, 2010
adconline:

How many times  was Oyedepo invited to the Aso Rock to pray for Yar'dua when he was healthy? Or what was his relationship with Yar'dua prior to his sickness? Why didn't Oyedepo extract an agreement from those who organised the meeting or prayer that it must be strictly private and that it must be by his own terms not theirs. The cabals made it public that Xtian leaders visited including Oyedepo to lend credence to the fact Yar'dua is still alive? Naija  is a country where accountability is abhorred, so Oyedepo does not have to give account of his visit , never mind that he went under PFN. Carry go , preach and minister to the highest bidder. going! going!! going!!! GONE

Our Paul the "Saul" did more than those of you criticizing the man of God but later miraculous got saved.!! By research, most of the people either complaining or criticizing men of God are either spritually short-sighted believers or unsaved people, examine your self to know where you belong while we are all believing God  for your salvation

I said this before. This is blind followership. PFN today would not have been in existence without Reformation by Martin Luther (nor Jr.) who confronted the pope.This singular act brought about PFN. Paul would have been killed by Sanhedrin Coucil he had not spoken about his convictions to spread the gospel. It was Gamaliel,  even though he was not a Christian saved Paul nay Christianity, but  Naija Christians  today  detest any form of critical thinking let alone criticism.

Well said. Them follow follow them close them sense,
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Wisdom6: 5:30am On Apr 09, 2010
I want to believe that if yaradua got instant miracle by d visit of d clergymen,it will be publicised and not remain private hidden agenda.i think respected men of God should not allow bad corrupt politician to set them up to confuse Nigerians and dent xtianity.If yaradua could be fly 2 saudi arabia,why not fly 2 church leaders since if truly turai believe in prayer.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Wisdom6: 6:58am On Apr 09, 2010
Re:visit toa yaradua is personal-oyedepo.
I believe that if the visit resulted to instant healing of yaradua it will be publicized and not remain private.i dont think turai believe in prayers. why did she not call on religious leaders prayer intervention for so long a time?i think men of God should beware less the corrupt politicians will fool and dent their image publicly.i am of opinion that yaradua's health situation is not better that's why they are hiding him so that he will not lose his seat of power.but it is certain that the buried truth will arise with time.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Ramsay(m): 8:11am On Apr 09, 2010
Warning:I HAVE SEEN SLAVES RIDING ON HORSES AND THIER KINGS WALKING WITH FOOT. Please mind your business there is nothing hidden under the surface of the world.stop insulting the men of God,they are just being careful to avoid religious crisis and other stuff.HOLD UR PEACE.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by jhdfelix: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2010
I do not kno why i am here discussing personalty,oyedepo was not the only person that went to villa.Now i can see why there is no major progress in the life of our youth in this part of the world,we like bringing people down,i have noticed that any thread that involve,adeboye,oyedepo,pastor chris and even tuface are always this long.Go and work on your success and stop bringing people down,talk till eternity,bang your heads on the floor,they don't read these junks and they are made already, nothing can bring them down,we need more of them in this country and i pray for them always so that i can receive my grace to greatness too.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by tjadeba(m): 9:44am On Apr 09, 2010
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by favouredjb(f): 10:06am On Apr 09, 2010
debosky:

Nigerians like to focus on frivolities - instead of focussing on how to move forward with Jonathan and the new ministers, they are more concerned about hearing whether Yar'adua was drinking kunu or fura de nunu.  undecided

That is how they'll keep you engaged with this silly story and before you know it 13 months will have passed and another government sworn in.

What good has come from knowing that Yardie could/couldn't grunt Amen?  

i wonder o
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by chiozor: 11:15am On Apr 09, 2010
I want to ask, if these Men of God had gone to Aso Rock, an after prayers Yardull emerge stronger, start jumping up and down, will they now call a press conference arm of the church to air in all national stations
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Peridot: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2010
The four Christian leaders, who visited the President on Easter Monday, returned to Aso Villa, yesterday to see Acting President Goodluck Jonathan.

It could not be ascertained why they visited Dr Jonathan about 48hours after their visit to ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua. Besides, details of their meeting remained secret last night.

The clerics – Catholic Archbishop of Abuja and Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) President John Onaiyekan, founder of the Living Faith Church (aka Winners’ Chapel) Bishop David Oyedepo, former Aso Villa chaplain Prof. Yesufu Obaje and Throne Room Trust Ministry Pastor Emmanuel Kure – met Dr Jonathan, shortly after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.

Despite pressure, the clerics declined comments.

One of them, who pleaded for anonymity, later relived their meeting with Yar’Adua.

"It will be the miracle of the century if the President returns to office," he said.

The cleric, who spoke outside the Villa, said Yar’Adua was really in a bad shape when the team met with him.

He said: "The truth of the matter is that if we are to start saying what we saw, we would be seen as rocking the boat and abusing our privilege to the State House. But the gospel truth is, the man is in a terrible state.

"He was motionless, just lying on a chair without talking or shaking. Though his eyes were wide open, one could not say for sure if he was really seeing anything or anybody. So, the information that he shook hands and looked well remains a far cry from what we saw."

The cleric explained that judging by the President’s state, it would take "a big heart of faith to believe he can survive. In fact, I left feeling like it would be the miracle of the century for him to recover and return to office".

[[b]b]On why the clerics did not speak on their visit, he said: "You must realise we are not under any obligation to disclose what we saw. I think it is the duty of the Presidency to inform the public of the President’s condition. Moreso, we were only invited to pray, not for fact-finding. So, people should understand it would be difficult for us to say this and this is what the President looks like."
[/b][/b]
The team, he said would pay more of such visits to the Presidential Villa. "The meeting is a continuum. We hope God heals the man because he appears to have a good heart," said the cleric.

Earlier at the Villa, the clerics were seen by our reporter leaving Jonathan’s office in company of Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission, John Okpara.

They discussed briefly at the corridor of the Villa before moving to the car park.

They kept mum as reporters bombarded them with questions. "Why are you here sirs? "Has it anything to do with your visit to the President on Monday? What did you discuss with him?"

Kure and Obaje had told reporters that they came to pray for the President’s quick recovery.

Their visit was preceded by that of some Islamic clerics

Source: The Nation

http://transparencyng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=758:the-yaradua-we-saw-by-cleric-who-visited-villa&catid=67:politics&Itemid=86
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by SOLAADETUNJI: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2010
I think the truth is leaking out gradually: Yaradua is still alive,but very sick.He is not in coma.There is no much hope about his returning to office. A miracle is needed if he is to survive! PERIOD
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Kennyyo: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2010
I still maintain that some people are hopelessly narrowminded. The are dull and cannot accept criticisms. They are blind followers who do not think. They are feaful individuals who have lost their own minds. Their minds have been so corrupted with phony religious platitudes that they cannot challenge status quo. They dont understand leadership, they contradict themselves and abuse those who challenge their thinking. They think they are the only christians and label others unbelievers and idol worshippers when they dont agree with them.

THE TRUTH IS THEY HAVE THROWN AWAY THEIR MINDS.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by papagiddy(m): 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2010
God bless BISHOP OYEDEPO!!!!!
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Beautymc(f): 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2010
papa giddy:

God bless BISHOP OYEDEPO!!!!!
Forever and ever, Amen.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Beautymc(f): 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2010
Bishop Oyedepo only went to Aso rock to visit his president and it's no man's business. He's not a politician but a real man of God. Whatever he discused with Mr president is between him and God. I believe Aso rock is open for everyone to see Mr president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. / Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN / N537m Debt: Court Clears Duke After N350m Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.