Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria (882 Views)

Pictures Of Rochas Son In-law Uche Nwosu House And Street In Gwarimpa Abuja. / Alleged Ganduje Bribes: Fayose Accuses Buhari, EFCC Of Double Standard / APC Governor Caught On Video Receiving $5m Bribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
Due to various reason with the Higher education in Nigeria
Nigerian student have been trooping into the Philippines for their university studies in thousands!!!!
1. Nigerians are required to apply for visas and as of today pay an application fee of 15000naira which goes into the Philippines account.

2. They have to authenticate their documents at the foreign affairs in Manila, Philippines WHICH COST alot of money and in turn helps the Philippines economy

3. Various other things they have to pay for when they arrive , to study in the Philippines which means the Philippines is also benefiting from the Nigerians.

The Nigerians are treated like Animals at the Philippines embassy in Gwarimpa Abuja, Nigeria
The gate men at the Philippines embassy Abuja Nigeria have the audacity to ask for bribes from citizens that obviously do not know their right. A gate man has no right to even look at your documents!

There is a lady also who is supposed to check for documents but instead abuse the Nigerians who go to the embassy. she calls them all sorts of names.
Her job is just to check the documents!!!!!

please I'M not here to questions about why Nigerians go to study in the Philippines but to be in the shoes of the Nigerian who are treated badly at the embassy

I went there myself just to understand the complains I have received. i personally do not need a visa to go to the Philippines but my attention was called on this, and i would like to get people to share their experience to please drop a message here so that people can be aware in Nigeria about what Nigerians are experiencing at the Philippines embassy Abuja Nigeria!!!.

it is the right of every human being to be treated well and respected and this case should be treated seriously

Thank you. please share this and post if you have ever been affected or heard anything about this

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by EternalTruths: 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
Is Nigeria a country.?

2 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
EternalTruths:
Is Nigeria a country.?

I understand what you are getting at if u are Nigerian . The curruption in Nigeria has eaten to the roots!!!
but any change has to start from any where. The truth of the matter is that APC or PDP( all greedy old people that care about only their pockets and immediate families) will not save the state of Nigeria but as individuals we can only try!!!!

I saw a situation in which the normal citizens are being abused... wether I agree with Nigerian politics or not... I care for the citizens and what I can do is try bring to Awareness!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by lovemoi2(f): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by usba: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
There is need to go under cover to get concrete evidence that is video evidence which will form the basis of reporting them to the Ministry of Foreign affairs. Please ignore the rants of small minds who are only filled with hate.

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
usba:
There is need to go under cover to get concrete evidence that is video evidence which will form the basis of reporting them to the Ministry of Foreign affairs. Please ignore the rants of small minds who are only filled with hate.

Very true... video evidence will be really appreciated. Hopefully Nairaland will expose the truth.

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Its a serious matter
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by 99thEnemy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
rotney33:
Nigerian student have been trooping into the Philippines for their university studies in thousands!!!!
1. Nigerians are required to apply for visas and as of today pay an application fee of 15000naira which goes into the Philippines account.

2. They have to authenticate their documents at the foreign affairs in Manila, Philippines WHICH COST alot of money and in turn helps the Philippines economy

3. Various other things they have to pay for when they arrive , to study in the Philippines which means the Philippines is also benefiting from the Nigerians.

The Nigerians are treated like Animals at the Philippines embassy in Gwarimpa Abuja, Nigeria
The gate men at the Philippines embassy Abuja Nigeria have the audacity to ask for bribes from citizens that obviously do not know their right. A gate man has no right to even look at your documents!

There is a lady also who is supposed to check for documents but instead abuse the Nigerians who go to the embassy. she calls them all sorts of names.

please I'M not here to questions about why Nigerians go to study in the Philippines but to be in the shoes of the Nigerian who are treated badly at the embassy

I went there myself just to understand the complains I have received. i personally do not need a visa to go to the Philippines but my attention was called on this, and i would like to get people to share their experience to please drop a message here so that people can be aware in Nigeria about what Nigerians are experiencing at the Philippines embassy Abuja Nigeria!!!.

it is the right of every human being to be treated well and respected and this case should be treated seriously

Thank you. please share this and post if you have ever been affected or heard anything about this

15,000 what
70,000 to correct

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by 99thEnemy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
rotney33:

15,000 naira ehn
70,000 to correct
Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by Lipscomb(m): 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
Philippine I swear Lome is better than Philippine

4 Likes

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by 99thEnemy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Lipscomb:
Walahi brother

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 1:33am On Jan 01, 2018
99thEnemy:
Walahi brother
Lipscomb:

Most people are usually not aware about various countries, Thats why they fall prey. I think its just to study Nigerians go there for.

1 Like

Re: Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria by rotney33: 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
As Nigerians, our Fundamental Human Rights are provided for under Chapter IV of the 1999 constitution. These rights include;
1. Right to life - Section 33 (1999 constitution) Every person has a right to life, and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life,save in execution of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty in Nigeria.
2. Right to dignity of human person - Section 34 (1999 Constitution) Every individual is entitled to respect for the dignity of person and accordingly no person shall be subject to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment.
3. Right to personal liberty - Section 35 (1999 constitution) Every person shall be entitled to his personal liberty and no person shall be deprived of such liberty.
4. Right to fair hearing - Section 36 (1999 constitution) In the determination of a person's civil rights and obligations,every person shall be entitled to fair hearing.
5. Right to private and family life - Section 37 (1999 constituion) The privacy of citizens,their homes,correspondences and telephone conversations is guaranteed and protected.
6. Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion - Section 38(1999 constitution) Every person shall be entitle to freedom of thought,consceince and religiom,including freedom to change his religion or belief.
7. Right to freedom of expression and the press- Section 39 (1999 constitution) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression, including freedom to hold opinions.
8.Right to peaceful assembly and association - Section 40 (1999 constitution) Every person shall be entitled to assemble freely and associate with other persons or political party.
9. Right to freedom of movement - Section 41 (1999 constitution) Every citizen in nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof.
10. Right to freedom from discrimination - section 42 (1999 constitution) No nigerian shall be discriminated upon on the basis of his community, ethnic group,sex,place of origin and politican opinion. [color=#990000][/color]
11. Right to acquire and own immovable property anywhere in Nigeria - Section 43 (1999 constitution) Every Citizen shall have right to own immovable property anywhere in nigeria.
12. Right against compulsory acquisition of property - section 44 (1999 constitution)
The above are fundamental human rights enshrined in the 1999 constituion and accorded to all Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

In Support Of Dr Aroms Aigbehi's Call For Boycott Of Cow Meat. Photo / Will PDP Give Otom Automatic Ticket If He Dump APC? / Benue, Taraba Killings: FG Opts For Military Action To Flush Out Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.