Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery (895 Views)

Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab / Iran’s All-female Police Squad Units Dragging Hijab Protestors To Death Row Pris / CNN Reporter Wears Hijab After Taliban Take Kabul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by lagostokd: 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Since 1979 revolution, Iranian women have been forced to wear the Hijab

In Nigeria, Muslims have been citing human rights clauses to justify wearing of Hijab. Can they also cite same human rights clause to free Iranian women from forceful use of Hijab?

Follow #IranProtests on Twitter

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Police in Iran’s capital said Thursday they will no longer arrest women for failing to observe the Islamic dress code in place since the 1979 revolution.

The announcement signaled an easing of punishments for violating the country’s conservative dress code, as called for by the young and reform-minded Iranians who helped re-elect President Hassan Rouhani, a relative moderate, earlier this year.

But hard-liners opposed to easing such rules still dominate Iran’s security forces and judiciary, so it was unclear whether the change would be fully implemented.

“Those who do not observe the Islamic dress code will no longer be taken to detention centers, nor will judicial cases be filed against them.” Tehran police chief Gen. Hossein Rahimi was quoted as saying by the reformist daily Sharq.

The semi-official Tasnim news agency said violators will instead be made to attend classes given by police. It said repeat offenders could still be subject to legal action, and the dress code remains in place outside the capital.

For nearly 40 years, women in Iran have been forced to cover their hair and wear long, loose garments. Younger and more liberal-minded women have long pushed the boundaries of the official dress code, wearing loose headscarves that don’t fully cover their hair and painting their nails, drawing the ire of conservatives….

https://apnews.com/6677791532f441e8a5bfadb0ef223229

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by haryorbarmie83(m): 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
angry
Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by lagostokd: 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
Why will the mods, Mynd44 and OAM4J place this post in Foreign Affairs? Few weeks ago, politics page was saturated with different topics on hijab and they were not placed in Foreign Affairs. Let the same audience see this too
Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Daeylar(f): 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
Cc maezara,
Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Martin0(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2018
Daeylar:
Cc maezara,
Observing!!
Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2018
The Iraninan Revolution still baffles me up till today. How can the policy of a pro western country change in such a short period of time?

And as usual, women once again became the victims of a patriarchy society. Shout out to those who wore their hijabs loosely and painted their nails . Such women make me proud kiss

This is a step towards the right direction. And there's a revolution now taking place. For the first time since 2009!!! That's insaaaane.

Hope Syrians (even if it seems very unlikely) will somehow learn to be hopeful again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2018
Nice development. I hope this doesn't result in VIOLENCE. These people can start hacking off heads for the most trivial reasons.

In Nigeria, dressing your children in religious regalia and branding them as members of a particular religion when they're still impressionable and easy to brainwash should also be declared ILLEGAL. You're forcing the children to put on Hijab AGAINST THEIR WILL and making them Muslims without their consent, which is against the provisions the Nigerian Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights have made regarding their Fundamental Human Rights.

If it's wrong for the state to force adults, it is equally wrong for parents (the leaders of the government of the home) to force Children to wear the Hijab.

Let them decide when they grow up.
I hope someone doesn't get assassinated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Daeylar(f): 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
I love this, it's perfect
Maezara:
Nice development. I hope this doesn't result in VIOLENCE. These people can start hacking off heads for the most trivial reasons.

In Nigeria, dressing your children in religious regalia and branding them as members of a particular religion when they're still impressionable and easy to brainwash should also be declared ILLEGAL. You're forcing the children to put on Hijab AGAINST THEIR WILL and making them Muslims without their consent, which is against the provisions the Nigerian Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights have made regarding their Fundamental Human Rights.

If it's wrong for the state to force adults, it is equally wrong for parents (the leaders of the government of the home) to force Children to wear the Hijab.

Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2018
Daeylar:
I love this, it's perfect
Thanks. kiss
Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Outofsync(m): 5:39am On Jan 02, 2018
And who said they were protesting Cuz of hijab

SMH
Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 03, 2018
what is your problem with how our women are dressing? did we complain about your sexy dressing? I will take you serious when you remove the one on holy mary and replace it with bikini and pant.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by FoolishBoy419: 8:16am On Jan 03, 2018
Maezara:

My problem with you people is your shameless hypocrisy. why do christian parents give their babies christian names like christopher, moses, etc? Did they ask the babies (using your logic)? Why do christians take their kids to church and even flog them when they fail to go? Why not wait until when they turn 18 and allow them to choose whether to go to church or not? You people are very annoying. Always trying to blame others for the same crime you are committing. I live in the north and from my observation, Most of the ladies wear it voluntarily so i wonder what your business is with them. Since the Muslims are not complaining about your extremely indecent dressings in core northern states like Kano then you have no right to vomplain about how they choose to dress. Im not a muslim btw

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by FoolishBoy419: 8:19am On Jan 03, 2018
abdelrahman:
what is your problem with how our women are dressing? did we complain about your sexy dressing? I will take you serious when you remove the one on holy mary and replace it with bikini and pant.

Dont mind the hypocrites. Go to romance section and see how they complain about going to church against their will or paying tithe but they will be here forming human rights activists when it comes to the issue of hijab. Th
Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 03, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Dont mind the hypocrites. Go to romance section and see how they complain about going to church against their will or paying tithe but they will be here forming human rights activists when it comes to the issue of hijab. Th
they just too hypocrites,muslims don't complain about how they dress in their mini skirt and all their bad dress,but i wonder why they are concerned about ours.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Not Human Right But Human Slavery by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

My problem with you people is your shameless hypocrisy. why do christian parents give their babies christian names like christopher, moses, etc? Did they ask the babies (using your logic)? Why do christians take their kids to church and even flog them when they fail to go? Why not wait until when they turn 18 and allow them to choose whether to go to church or not? You people are very annoying. Always trying to blame others for the same crime you are committing. I live in the north and from my observation, Most of the ladies wear it voluntarily so i wonder what your business is with them. Since the Muslims are not complaining about your extremely indecent dressings in core northern states like Kano then you have no right to vomplain about how they choose to dress. Im not a muslim btw
Lol. I don't blame you, so I won't be giving this the response it deserves, 'cause you wasted your time typing it out of the ASSUMPTION that I was a Christian. grin

(1) (Reply)

Macron Tells Erdogan: No Chance Of Turkey Joining EU / Chad's Idriss Deby, The 'toyota War' Lord / BREAKING: Akufo-addo Re-elected As Ghana President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.