Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab (44580 Views)

115 Russian National Guard Soldiers Sacked For Refusing To Fight In Ukraine. / 2 Indonesian Women Publicly Whipped 100 Times Each For Sex Work / Ghana Policeman Whips Lady's Butts Raw For Refusing To Enter Cell (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by BetterHeadline: 3:13pm On Jan 08
An Iranian woman received 74 lashes for defying the Islamic Republic’s mandatory hijab, while another hijab refuser was given a two-year prison sentence.

SOURCE
Iranian islamic authorities on Wednesday executed the sentence of 74 lashes on Roya Heshmati, a woman who had been convicted for refusing to adhere to the compulsory hijab in accordance with a court's orders in Tehran.

Heshmati, a vocal critic of compulsory hijab, shared a distressing account of her experience during the execution of her sentence. She disclosed that on the day of the punishment, she, accompanied by her lawyer, arrived at the enforcement unit to undergo the 74 lashes. Heshmati stressed that upon entering the courthouse, she had removed her hijab, and when officials admonished her to cover up, she defiantly asserted, "I have come to receive my lashes; I won't cover up."

According to Heshmati, the enforcement officer threatened to intensify the lashes and open a new case against her for non-compliance with hijab if she did not cover up.

Providing a vivid description of the whipping room, Heshmati wrote, "They opened the iron door. The room had cement walls. There was a small bed in the corner with iron shackles on both sides... A medieval torture chamber."

The international community strongly condemns the use of degrading and inhumane punishments, such as flogging, which is explicitly prohibited under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Iran's continued use of such humiliating punishments sets it apart as one of the few countries that still resort to such practices.

Zeynab (Bahar) Khonyabpour
In another case, Zeynab (Bahar) Khonyabpour, a resident of Behbahan in Ahvaz province and an opponent of compulsory hijab, has been sentenced to two years in prison for sharing photos without hijab on social media. Her lawyer, Sajjad Chatrsefid, confirmed that she was sentenced to imprisonment by the Behbahan Criminal Court.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Righthussle: 3:17pm On Jan 08
We don't have this kind of brave women in Nigeria.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Annnabel001(f): 3:21pm On Jan 08
Like I don't know what to say

21 Likes

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 3:29pm On Jan 08
They knew the rules...

Both chose to go against it....

But maybe "no gree for anybody" is trending in Iran

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by mbaise1000: 3:38pm On Jan 08
advanceDNA:
They knew the rules...

Both chose to go against it....

But maybe "no gree for anybody" is trending in Iran

But they said this woman is not a muslim, why force her to live the muslim way?

267 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 3:44pm On Jan 08
mbaise1000:

But they said this woman is not a muslim, why force her to live the muslim way?

What are u saying?? iran is an Islamic state..100% governed by Islam laws

So non nigerians can break Nigerian law when they enter our country ??

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by mbaise1000: 3:52pm On Jan 08
advanceDNA:

Didn't know you are an iranian, so you are saying that every single Iranian is a muslim? Or that they should run away from their country because the don't want to agree with what mohamad said he saw in his personal dreams? What if Americans who are muslims? Should they seize to be Americans or Europeans because America and Europe are not muslim countries? Or that if they insist that everyone must eat pork, the muslims there should run away and stop being citizens of those countries? You muslims are always proving that mohamad is more evil than we say, look at your reasoning

373 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by mbaise1000: 3:53pm On Jan 08
advanceDNA:

Didn't know you are an iranian, so you are saying that every single Iranian is a muslim? Or that they should run away from their country because the don't want to agree with what mohamad said he saw in his personal dreams? What if Americans who are muslims? Should they seize to be Americans or Europeans because America and Europe are not muslim countries? Or that if they insist that everyone must eat pork, the muslims there should run away and stop being citizens of those countries? You muslims are always proving that mohamad is more evil than we say, look at your reasoning.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 4:02pm On Jan 08
mbaise1000:

Didn't know you are an iranian, so you are saying that every single Iranian is a muslim? Or that they should run away from their country because the don't want to agree with what mohamad said he saw in his personal dreams? What if Americans who are muslims? Should they seize to be Americans or Europeans because America and Europe are not muslim countries? Or that if they insist that everyone must eat pork, the muslims there should run away and stop being citizens of those countries? You muslims are always proving that mohamad is more evil than we say, look at your reasoning

I just told u Iran is a full Islamic state yet u don't understand that they don't run democracy or free state law, where citizens have a level of freedom to do as they please

..... Do u even know what law means.....

...Even in Nigeria where there is democracy...u can't go to some.parts of the north where shariah is fully constitutional and not wear hijab or u mistakenly wear mini skirt...

See ..I don't dialogue with low IQ people..

It's nauseating....

49 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Couldntfigurean: 4:16pm On Jan 08
advanceDNA:

I just told u Iran is a full Islamic state yet u don't understand that they don't run democracy or free state law, where citizens have a level of freedom to do as they please

...Even in Nigeria where there is democracy...u can't go to some.parts of the north where shariah is fully constitutional and not wear hijab or u mistakenly wear mini skirt...

It's nauseating....

You really proved this below
When muslims are in minority they come in peace,when there are in majority it’s “Islam or death”,no minority rights

241 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 4:45pm On Jan 08
Couldntfigurean:
You really proved this below
When muslims are in minority they come in peace,when there are in majority it’s “Islam or death”,no minority rights

Yeah...that's how it works with Islamic states......Iran, iraq, Afghanistan, .etc...are u just aware that's how Muslims behave.....

...that's what bokaharam wants to achieve...why are u sounding surprised.....cos I don't get ur point..

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by mbaise1000: 8:07pm On Jan 08
advanceDNA:

It's nauseating....

Are you not confused?
Those who think others are nauseating, may not want yo support terrorists

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 8:16pm On Jan 08
mbaise1000:

Are you not confused?
Those who think others are nauseating, may not want yo support terrorists

Somehow..u think I am supporting terrorists

Please .if u don't know how to read....please go and sleep

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by fayomim: 8:32pm On Jan 08
She no gree for anybody

3 Likes

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by adesegun121(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08
Ok
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by koolaid87: 8:32pm On Jan 08
These are the real women, who are under the bondage of patriarchy and religious extremism. I sincerely pray for their salvation.

Not those ones in the first world nations, forming woke.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by kulobyno: 8:32pm On Jan 08
Ok
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Emman08: 8:32pm On Jan 08
APC (Nigeria's Taliban) is taking Nigeria there gradually

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Lifemanage: 8:32pm On Jan 08
advanceDNA:

Yeah...that's how it works with Islamic states......Iran, iraq, Afghanistan, .etc...are u just aware that's how Muslims behave.....

...that's what bokaharam wants to achieve...why are u sounding surprised.....cos I don't get ur point..
We are surprised u share in the ideology

8 Likes

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Alexlalax1(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08
Religion of piss indeed. They are the reason why naija is so backward. We dey live like say we still dey 1945!!!

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Rodimi20000000: 8:33pm On Jan 08
Iran flogging feminists zionist since 1901

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Rejouir: 8:33pm On Jan 08
Muslims shouldn't be given a soft landing, how can you force someone to follow the teaching of islam.

20 Likes

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by MrBachelor: 8:34pm On Jan 08
Islam! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Exceed15: 8:34pm On Jan 08
Kai which kind religion be dis? Tueeeh! God forbid bad thing.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Slurity(m): 8:34pm On Jan 08
I KEEP WONDERING THE LEVEL OF STUPIDITY I USE TO DISPLAY WHEN I AM STILL IN THIS RELIGION CALL ISLAM. I HATE THOSE YEARS AND NOW SEE IT AS A WASTE.

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by osazsky(m): 8:34pm On Jan 08
Rest on ma..
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Aliyu333: 8:34pm On Jan 08
I am a muslim and this is disgusting extremist practice by IRAN once again. Where did they see this punishment they are implementing?. Do they implement the same extreme theocratic policies to men for dressing less?. This is absolute rubish, it is her choice. You can't force her to put on a hijab. NONSENSE

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by fasho01(m): 8:35pm On Jan 08
This is pure torture and barbaric

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by joseph1832(m): 8:35pm On Jan 08
Shocking

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Aliyu333: 8:35pm On Jan 08
Rejouir:
Muslims shouldn't be given a soft landing, how can you force someone to follow the teaching of islam.
Muslims?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Trump Evacuated From Press Briefing Due To Shooting Outside The White House / Joe Biden Almost Falls On The Air Force One Stairs Again / President Trump Pays Surprise Visit To Supporters Outside Hospital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.