Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. (578 Views)

Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / Meet Lanre Udu, Medical Doctor With Two Bachelors, Two Master's Degrees, PHD / Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. by Topccy007: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2017
I had my Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. I later got an opportunity to have my Master's degree in Ukraine.

Was told I will be able to study my dream course in English language but on getting there I discovered it wasn't possible.

Eventually I had to just look for a one year course to study so I don't just come back to Naija without achieving anything. I was able to study Quality Management (Quality, Standardization and Certification) at National University of Pharmacy, kharkiv.

Will like to build on that by applying for A PhD program.

I need suggestions on an area I can run my PhD here in Nigeria and a good institution.

Please I need your candid advice.

God bless.
Re: Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. by toptop: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2018
Quality management is not related to chemistry. I am not sure if they are run in the same faculty.
Direct PhD in chemistry is therefore not an option. You could go for PhD in operations research or engineering management.
Re: Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. by Topccy007: 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2018
toptop:
Quality management is not related to chemistry. I am not sure if they are run in the same faculty.
Direct PhD in chemistry is therefore not an option. You could go for PhD in operations research or engineering management.
Any Nigerian institution in mind?
Won't mind to have your digits plz. Will like to discuss with you.
Re: Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. by toptop: 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
Any of the federal universities of technology will offer those options. The one that comes to my mind most is FUTO.
But bear in mind that operation research and engineering mgt are not core engineering courses. If your career goal is tilted towards academics, then it is important that you know that those options are not viewed as core fields in both pure sciences and eng.
And for that reason, one could suffer stunted growth in the academics.
Re: Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. by adhoc: 11:42am On Jan 02, 2018
First. Let me assume that the one year program in Ukraine achieved a Masters degree in quality management or its just a certificate of attendance.
If it is a masters. Then I will recommend a PhD in Engineering management which is studied under production engineering in UniBen. They are the best so far in the country both in content and flexibility. You may also visit Futo. Project management dept.
University of Port Harcourt also has a collaborative program with university of Pretoria SA which I believe with a good doctoria justification, you will bang your admission.
Re: Advice On Area To Apply For Phd Please. by Topccy007: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
adhoc:
First. Let me assume that the one year program in Ukraine achieved a Masters degree in quality management or its just a certificate of attendance.
If it is a masters. Then I will recommend a PhD in Engineering management which is studied under production engineering in UniBen. They are the best so far in the country both in content and flexibility. You may also visit Futo. Project management dept.
University of Port Harcourt also has a collaborative program with university of Pretoria SA which I believe with a good doctoria justification, you will bang your admission.
It's a Masters degree bro.
Thanks so much. Will check out the institutions

(1) (Reply)

Lets Help You Analyze Your Research Hypothesis / How To Break Into Business Consulting Career / Earn Up To N50,000 A Week As A Driver Ambassador With Taxify Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.