Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices (1962 Views)

This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. / Whatsapp Just Stopped Working On My Blackberry Z10. Anyway To Fix It? / How Can I Install Google Playstore Coolpad Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices by halilu44: 10:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
You all know that as from January 2018 whatsapp will stop working on all BlackBerry 10 devices. Most BlackBerry 10 users are now selling off their phones because of this. The good news is that the team from Crackberry has successfully ported the Google playstore to BlackBerry 10 and you can now install all Android apps including whatsapp. I just installed it on my BlackBerry Z30 and it is working perfectly. I have not yet tested it on other BlackBerry 10 devices but it should work. See images and process below. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

HOW TO INSTALL
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Download the 4 files listed below to your Blackberry device by clicking on the download links. Then install and run the files in the described order. Make sure that you have allowed installation of 3rd party apps in Blackberry settings -> App Manager -> App installation. Read the tips in the FAQ if you encounter any problems during installation process.

Step 1: Install Google Play Services
Install com.google.android.gms. This step is very important - you won't be able to login if this file is missing.

Step 2: Add a Google system account to your device
Install com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3.apk. Run the app and login with your Google credentials. The app will close (minimize) if the step completed successfully (may take a few seconds). You should now be able to see your Google account in Blackberry Settings -> Accounts -> Third Party Accounts.

If you want to use the patched Google Play Services (which is NOT the same as Google Play Store), you need to install com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4.apk AFTER you first successfully logged in with Google Login 4.3.3. Keep in mind that Google Login 4.4.4 only works together with Google Play Services.

If you are uncertain what to do, or if you don't understand the text above, use Google Login 4.3.3 to login.

Step 3: Register your device with Google Play
Install cobalt.blackberry.googleID. Run the app and register your device with Google Play. Close the app after successfull registration.

Step 4: Install Google Play Store
Install com.android.vending. Run and enjoy the Play Store!

All 4 apps MUST remain installed on your device otherwise Google Play store will not work.

Download link
https://forums.crackberry.com/android-apps-amazon-store-apk-files-f413/google-play-store-blackberry-10-read-first-post-instructions-985344/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices by sinaj(f): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
Wow this is good news
Re: Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
play store has been working on bb10 ever since.via cobalt.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices by dnoable08: 9:45am On Jan 01, 2018
Omo this is long process
Re: Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices by nelszx: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2018
Sorry OP the first download

com.google.android.gms (playstore services) which one was able to install cos all the ones I've downloaded have all brought out same message ("Unable to install this app"). So please check the one you downloaded cos my play store can't open without playstore services not installed.
Re: Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices by chidooh1: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2018
was using it on my passport years back
Re: Whatsapp Shutdown: Google Playstore Now Working On Blackberry 10 Devices by wolextayo: 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2018
The rise and fall of blackberry

(1) (Reply)

Get 1GB For N200 In 9mobile / With This Can I Do An Airtel Sim Welcome Back / Recommend From This Two Phones For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.