Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Short Story: Khalid's Mistake (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story: Khalid's Mistake (part 1) (706 Views)

Short Story: Khalid's Mistake (part 3) / Short Story: Khalid's Mistake (part 2) / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: Khalid's Mistake (part 1) by Issarooh(m): 8:31am On Jan 01, 2018
You are the woman of my dreams,i love you so much,the thought of seeing you talking with another man drives me nut,Khalid said to his wife khadijah.

(Khadijah and Khalid are newly weds,they love each other a lot,they care and adore each other,nothing comes first in their life but the fear of Allah(s w t). But,Khalid is a jealous husband).

You are the man of my dreams,i love you so much,i dont know if i have the right to be jealous when i see you with another woman,because,i know you are entitled to more than one wife,said khadijah.

You dont have to worry, because,as of now,I have no intention of taking in a new wife,said Khalid. My love,i will be visiting my parents house tomorrow and from there i will be heading to the market,said khadijah. Hmm!the thought of visiting your parent is ok,but the thought of going to the market "I dont like that" said Khalid. What's in that,what's there not to like?asked khadijah. As soon as you step out of this house,I will get jealous,I dont like having the thought of another man looking at you,replied Khalid. But!I won't apply make up on my face,said khadijah. Even at that!replied Khalid. But!i have a solution to your request,if you must go to the market from your parent's home,you must wear"Nikab",said Khalid. Hmm!that's ok,I will wear nikab,replied khadijah.

And again,you must talk softly,I dont want any man hearing your voice,Khalid added. That's ok my husband,anything that will suit your heart, am willing to do it,said khadijah. Thank you my love,may Allah(s w t),bless you added Khalid.

"Khadijah at her parent's house"

She greeted her parents and they had a nice conversation with her. After the conversation with her parents,she excused herself to her sister's room.

Khadijah!how is khalid?zahra asked. He is fine,she replied. I hope your love with him is blooming as usual?asked zahra. Yes it is,but i am beginning to get scared of Khalid,he is extremely jealous,said khadijah.

It's natural for a man to be jealous,said zahra. I know that, but that of Khalid is scary,I am scared that one day,if i do something he doesn't like,he would do something nasty,said khadijah.

Don't worry about that too much and beside when ever you get worried you should pray or read the Qur'an,zahra advised.

Thanks sis!i know you always have the right words for me,said khadijah.

I should be on my way now,make sure you come visit me,said khadijah. I will,if Allah(s w t)wills it,said zahra.

Send my regard to Khalid and tell him he should avoid being jealous,his wife loves him a lot,she added.

"Both ladies laughed at the statement of zahra".

"she said salam to her parents before leaving".

"She went to the market,bought the necessary items and went back home".

"At the house of Khalid"

How are your parents,I hope they weren't upset with my absent?asked Khalid. No they weren't,they understood you had to go to your office,replied khadijah. I thank Allah for that,said Khalid.

Is the food ready,he asked. Not really,she replied. It will take some minutes for it to be ready and its time for salatul"Isha'i",she added. Yes it is,but its raining outside,I think I will pray at home and I think we should pray together,said Khalid.
She looked at him with a charming smile and she said to him "I must say Alhamdulillah for this rain,its being a while we prayed " farillah salat together",since you are always going to the mosque,said khadijah.

Its your lucky day i guess,he said to her.

(They prayed and after salat,they had dinner).

"After dinner"

''They sat together to watch one of their favorite programme and they episode of that day centered on the jealousy of a man towards him wife''.......

"Not yet edited"

More to come your way "inn shaa Allah".

Copied from www.syodesk.com [color=#770077]
[/color]

Complete story available at www.syodesk.com, scroll to "literary works" on the website

(1) (Reply)

How To Self Publish Your Book / GIVING UP ISN'T MEANT FOR YOU / CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS (Writers and artists)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.