Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari (809 Views)

Fani-kayode To El-rufai: Southern Nigeria Wants Restructuring Not Presidency / Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan / We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by PMBNG(m): 8:40am On Jan 01, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has dismissed calls for restructuring of the country stating that it is not the problem with the country.

Mr. Buhari in his traditional New Year address to the nation, however, contended that what is wrong with the country at the moment is not its structure but the process.

Dismissing hopes of restructuring under his watch, the president assured that his administration will revisit the cost of governance, which he admitted is extravagant.

“In respect of political developments, I have kept a close watch on the on-going debate about “restructuring.” No human law or edifice is perfect. Whatever structure we develop must periodically be perfected according to changing circumstances and the country’s socio-economic developments. We Nigerians can be very impatient and want to improve our conditions faster than may be possible, considering our resources and capabilities. When all the aggregates of nationwide opinions are considered, my firm view is that our problems are more to do with process than structure.

“We tried the Parliamentary system: we jettisoned it. Now, there are shrill cries for a return to the Parliamentary structure. In older democracies, these systems took centuries to evolve; so, we cannot expect a copied system to fit neatly our purposes. We must give a long period of trial and improvement before the system we have adopted is anywhere near fit for purpose,” he said.

Read more: http://headline.com.ng/restructuring-not-nigerias-problem-buhari/amp/
Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:42am On Jan 01, 2018
WELL SAID
STATEMENT OF FACT
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS PMB1523
HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 01, 2018
Coming from someone who just nominated dead people to head ministries.

I am not going to post hate speeches in 2018, so I will pass.

9 Likes

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by TheHistorian(m): 8:43am On Jan 01, 2018

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by PMBNG(m): 8:44am On Jan 01, 2018
grin
Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by cleatoris: 8:45am On Jan 01, 2018
Billyonaire:
Coming from someone who just nominated dead people to head ministries.
I am not going to post hate speeches in 2018, so I will pass.
The man has lost credibility...thats if he had any.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by newyorks(m): 8:46am On Jan 01, 2018
as if he knows what restructuring is.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by clevvermind(m): 8:47am On Jan 01, 2018
Sir, you are the problem of Nigeria. Prepare to pack to your farm in Daura in 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by PMBNG(m): 8:48am On Jan 01, 2018
Lalasticlala you agree?
Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 8:50am On Jan 01, 2018
newyorks:
as if he knows what restructuring is.
My brother...I loled so hard when I read the part he said " he has followed closely the debates on restructuring" (sic) grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 8:53am On Jan 01, 2018
We all know the region agitating for restructuring since the 1940's, Buhari has told you people in clear terms to be warned!

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by newyorks(m): 8:57am On Jan 01, 2018
frankyychiji:
My brother...I loled so hard when I read the part he said " he has followed closely the debates on restructuring" (sic) grin grin grin
and someone prepared that address for him to read out knowing that nigerians are gullible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by pointstores(m): 9:01am On Jan 01, 2018
If u know the problem why not tackle it
Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by AlienRobot: 9:03am On Jan 01, 2018
Coming from an incompetent ineffectual buffoon, it needless commenting

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by 9jaPromo(f): 9:07am On Jan 01, 2018
Me: So what is our problem?
Bubu: Go to d south and learn... grin
Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by ZorGBUooeh: 9:07am On Jan 01, 2018
Yeye confused PUNK of a president..You are the big problem we have in Nigeria. angry

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by loveth360(f): 9:26am On Jan 01, 2018
Those nigerian that want Restructuring but against referendum,saying that referendum is not in the constitution.

For your information Restructuring is not in the constitution too.so better forget about Restructuring and enjoy the zoo the way it is.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by Bede2u(m): 9:29am On Jan 01, 2018
Sure...you are Nigeria's problem. Tell me why a structure which is based on taking oil from Niger Delta to build your katsina state should be a problem. undecided

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by omenkaLives(m): 9:39am On Jan 01, 2018
Our primary problem as a people is not structure of the country but corruption.

If corruption is not nipped in the bud, come whatever may, we'd never gain considerable traction in our quest for greatness as a nation.

Regardless of the structure, we aren't gonna have aliens from outer space govern us - the same corrupt institutions and political class are those who'd still pilot our affairs.

Therefore, until we put in place stringent measures to punish and preempt corrupt practices, we'd just keep moving around circles.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:44am On Jan 01, 2018
Nnamdi KANU will be turning in his grave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by UduMgbo1: 9:45am On Jan 01, 2018
death to all zombies this 2018
Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by ManirBK: 9:46am On Jan 01, 2018
GOOD DEVELOPMENT

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2018
clevvermind:
Sir, you are the problem of Nigeria. Prepare to pack to your farm in Daura in 2019.
nnamdi KANU will not be happy with his idiotic pigs of Biafra in his grave

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by killallzombies: 9:55am On Jan 01, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
nnamdi KANU will not be happy with his idiotic pigs of Biafra in his grave
valar morghulis angry
Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by EzeNri(m): 10:16am On Jan 01, 2018
A person that womanizes, appoints dead persons into government, appoints Maina into government shouldn't be taken serious.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari by dometome: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2018
UduMgbo1:
[s][/s]
shutup your mouth there
how can you minimise corruption in a system that encourages corruption
a system that makes it difficult for politicians to resist corruption
i taught you're bright?
well when it comes Buhari even the most intelligent person becomes just as dumb as the illiterate terrorist Daura dullard gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla mumuhamado mumuharii in aso rock
that's what you get when you roll with illiterate terrorist presidiot
you reason like him too
just look at yourself dude
you must understand that this forum just like the country has a lot of stup1d people in it. And the number increases daily, don't mind them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The World’s Youngest Continent Will Keep Being Led By The Oldest Presidents / Handshakeacrosstheniger: We Are Not In Support Of Restructuring – Imo,abia Women / The Agenda Behind Grazing Reserve Christen As Cattle Colony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.