Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Don't Make New Year Resolutions! Here's How To Have A Stupendously Great Year. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Don't Make New Year Resolutions! Here's How To Have A Stupendously Great Year. (310 Views)

11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 / 5 New Year Resolutions You Can Easily Keep / What Are Your New Year Resolutions For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Make New Year Resolutions! Here's How To Have A Stupendously Great Year. by Chineydum: 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
So you want a great year, huh? These tips will revolutionise your life. Plus what success gurus fail to tell you.

Let’s cut to the chase. 2018 is in full gear already. Everyone is starting something new, habits, businesses, goals, relationships, plans etc. We all want to accomplish something. We are in a rush.

The social media is trending with novel ideas and infant start-ups. The energy is intense and electrifying, you can feel it in the atmosphere. It’s the start of something new.

The year is here and it just got started.
This post is not about the statistics of people that start the year with resolutions and fail to follow through even past the first month- sad.

This is a practical no nonsense guide to how you can make this year your year of accomplishment and a memorable one for a long time.

You can attest to the verity of the fact if you’ve ever set resolutions. They don’t last long and the period you try to stick with it is always a struggle. Before long you summon the courage to call it quits and you happily do because you couldn’t see yourself going through the motions.

So you want to have a great year? Do these things.

1.Commit To Excellence

Most people want the good stuff but they don’t want to put in the work required. But that is not how it works in life.
It might just be true in Hollywood movies but when it comes to the game of life, you’ve got to play well if you want to win the trophy.

A true and life long commitment to excellence transcends every area of your life from your relationships with others, your attitude towards life and a consistent to growth and the little things that matter.

You’ll become just what you want to be and more plus you also get to have a great year. It’s a win-win situation for you.

2.Get Serious
Ask 10 folks who set New Year resolutions what they really want and 9 of them would have a great deal of difficulty telling you what they really want.

They lack burning passion and they quit at life’s booby traps on the road to becoming successful.

This is the year for you to get serious about your goals, passions and strengths. Quit the dilly dallying. You either quit or commit.
You have to burn your boats if you want victory. You’ve come to far making resolutions and joking with them. It’s time to get serious. How about you start now?

3.Renew Everyday
You won’t find this advice everywhere. It may seem far fetched or weird but it’s absolutely true whether you believe it or not.
It’s the missing information motivational speakers and success coaches do not tell you.

Everyday you wake you have to draw strength, inspiration and spend time in communication with a Higher power.
For me it is my quiet time with God. It is when I get confidence that I can face anything that comes my way in the day because I know I have the backing of an All Powerful God.

This is the most important secret to have a stupendously great year in my opinion. Never miss your time with God everyday.

4. Delete
A fish can never survive outside water no matter how many personal development books it has read or who it’s success coach is. I like the graphic illustration.

You want a great year, I know. You have to quit hanging out with the wrong people and be unapologetic about it. This is your life.
Anyone that is not adding value to your life has got to go. I know it will be hard but, damn it. You have to do it.

PS
Hi there, thanks for reading. I believe this year has the best in store for you and I. But the onus is on us to work to get all that we can have and be. From me to you this is wishing you a Happy New Year.
Re: Don't Make New Year Resolutions! Here's How To Have A Stupendously Great Year. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

The Governor Of Delta State Blocked Federal Highway Because Of Local Government / [making Money] These Are The Stocks To Buy And Sell This January / I Still Have Presidential Ambitions – Gov Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.