Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno (19593 Views)

President Buhari's New Official Portrait Approved By Him / President Buhari’s 2018 New Year Address (Full Text) / President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Jesusloveyou: 8:19am On Jan 02, 2018
olril17:

I will not abuse you sir,cos I know you are older than me.....but its laughable and funny how its not even northerners that always defend the president but my Yoruba bros....

thank God I'm a bonafide Yoruba too,and I know the reality on ground,elections is around the corner,it will not be won by your insults or propaganda on NL....

and like I say,when I say we yorubas,more than a million of us will vote against Buhari,I know I authoriteatively speak for millions of unhappy yorubas in Osun,Lagos,Ekiti,Oyo,Ogun and ondo....

I'm quoting you so any one who reads your propagandists post on Nairaland will not think its eldorado here and majority of yorubas love Buhari....some of us hate and loath him even more than Igbos/Igbos.....

I will not be surprised if you are an online agent doing his duty....economy is hard,I don't begrudge for doing this BMC Job.
millions of your kind who are corrupt from SW and idiotic pigs of Biafra cannot remove buhari with your vote, except God say so

3 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by otil1: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
The Presidential Address Pain Them Wella...

Let us meet at the polls in 2019...Awon Twitter Warriors..

Before we meet at the polls, please convince us that what was written is not true. Or are you saying Reno is correct?

2 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by honourhim: 8:36am On Jan 02, 2018
[/quote]
[quote author=deomelo post=63809435]Reno LYING Omokiri

When you and your OGA at the top enter office and 16 years of PDP, Nigeria was generating around 4,000MW and when Nigerians booted you out and sent your OGA back to his fishing village, Nigeria was generating around the same 4,000MW, ZERO improvement even after budgeting and looting $20 billion power fund.

Funny when crooks and lying hypocrites get mouth to talk when in fact they should be covering their ugly faces in shame..

You always sound pathetic like a Shameless f00l. Under Buhari power has gone to zero level sometime and below 4000 mw several times but you won't mention that.
Both Jonathan and Buhari are bunch of failures so stop deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Bizibi(m): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2018
olril17:

your hurling insults at people has already defeated any point you raised.......

that does not make for effective communication... of what use is your points if its laced with vituperations...

Egbon,please change oo,you are an elderly person, dis politics section has become an avenue where abuses are hurled at dissenting opinions.....and you always participate in it...
wetin dey do you,you see a paid fowl making fool of himself and u re still communicating with him please don't waste mb again.

4 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by maximunimpact(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2018
[s]
ferdvict2:
Nigerians woke up this New Year to listen to President Muhammadu Buhari’s New Year address to the nation in which he made many promises and undertakings.

One of the things he said is as follows:

“My address to fellow Nigerians this morning is devoted mainly to informing you about the intense efforts this Administration is putting to address our country’s huge infrastructural deficit.

We are going to make significant in-roads in advancing road, rail and power projects across the country.”

Muhammadu Buhari has been President for over two and a half years. He has less than one and a half years to go.

If by now he is still talking about “we are going to” shouldn’t alarm bells ring in your mind?
The man has spent more than half his term and he is not able to tell us what he has done in tangible terms. Instead, he is still telling us what he plans to do.

To paraphrase the Yoruba adage, if you have used two and a half years to prepare for madness, how long would the madness now last?

Then the President characteristically threatened oil marketers and again characteristically, blamed them for the fuel scarcity that occurred during the Yuletide.

Said the President:

“I am determined to get to the root of this collective blackmail of all Nigerians and ensure that whichever groups are behind this manipulated hardship will be prevented from doing so again.”

This is so typical of Muhammadu Buhari. Failure to take responsibility. The man is the minister of petroleum. The buck should stop at his table.
Nigerians will notice how he failed to address the revelations that he, who had spent years discrediting fuel subsidy and alleging that Jonathan and his government used that policy to scam Nigerians, had been secretly and illegally paying fuel subsidy, currently at ₦26.40 per liter.
The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Maikanti Baru, told newsmen that he was instructed by the President to subsidize the cost of petrol. There were no provisions for subsidy in the 2016 and 2017 budgets. So where has the money been coming from?

The other day, the minister of state for petroleum resources, Ibe Kachikwu, exposed that Baru had awarded $25 billion worth of contracts without due process. Did the money come from there?
And now the man who should address this unconstitutional appropriation of Nigeria’s resources is now threatening marketers. The same marketers who have revealed that the NNPC is owing them $1 billion and that under the current policy they can’t make a profit!

Are they meant to stay in business to make a loss?

And then the man goes on to lie that power generation has ramped up to 7,000 megawatts (MW) forgetting that previous administrations before him set up the Nigerian Electricity System Operator which is statutorily required to publish the verifiable amount of power generated in Nigeria.

Now, according to the Nigerian Electricity System Operator, the amount of power generated in Nigeria is 4,108MW. I deal in facts and I have an unimpeachable reputation for the facts. If any member of the Buhari administration can contradict the data from their own government agency, Nigerian Electricity System Operator, I make a public vow to apologize to President Buhari in a full page advertisement in a nationally read newspaper.

The fact is that President Muhammadu Buhari lied!

But the greatest insult from President Muhammadu Buhari’s New Year address was when he said “The government is slowly stabilizing the economy.”

Really? No other administration has destabilized Nigeria’s economy as the Buhari administration.
Under Buhari the nation’s currency shed 75% of its value and moved from ₦199 to $1 on the day he took over to ₦365 to $1 today. We had the unenviable record of being named the fourth worst performing currency in the world by Bloomberg in 2017.

Inflation, which was at single digit rate on the unfortunate day Buhari was sworn in on May 29, 2015 is now at 15.91%.

According to Debt Management Office, the total external debt of the federal and states governments on the day Buhari was sworn in stood at $9.464 billion. In two years time, the Buhari administration has increased that debt by 50% to $15.047 billion as at September of 2017. And if the 2018 budget is anything to go by, then this amount will double this year.

Taking everything he said during the broadcast, the least you could say is that the President engaged in lying on a mass scale. Lying and responsibility avoidance.

The conclusion is that Nigeria is going to see the same old same old under Buhari in 2018. If problems arise, he will look for who to blame rather than look for a solution.

The best thing this nation can do is to pray that this nightmare comes to an end in 2019 and the President can go and tend to his 150 cows that somehow never increase in number. At least they have fared better than the Nigerian economy under Buhari.

source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/exposing-the-lies-contradictions-in-president-buharis-new-year-address-reno/
[/s]

Trash!

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by GavelSlam: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2018
olril17:

Bro...stop all this,like seriously, this is not good enough...
you are always aggressive against anyone who disagree with you here....

that's how you are opening Osun threads all around,when we in osun really knows what's going on....

I must tell you that you know yourself that there are yorubas who absolutely will do anything to vote out Buhari,and I am among them, and when I say this,I say this confidently knowing I'm speaking for more than a million yorubas across the SW...

why do you always act as if only Igbos/Igbos are against Buhari?
you always act and talk life if all yorubas are for Buhari,and non will vote against him in 2019,when historical voting pattern suggests otherwise...

you don't need to abuse or hurl insults at people b4 you make your points.
"gbogbo wa,ao le sun,ki a ko ori si ibi kan naa.

You and one million Yoruba's reached this conclusion at what forum?

That's how you lot lied to Jonathan and you have started again.

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by NothingDoMe: 9:53am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

That was far back in 2016.

This data came from the same The Nigeria Electricity System Operator Reno LYING Omokiri the TWITTER PARROT wrongfully quoted and dare us to challenge their facts with his own lying facts.

Now, this twitter clown and parrot can and should apologize like he promised if proven wrong, but I know he won't because he's half backed and half man with lies and dishonesty written all over him.

Funny that this clown is talking about electricity considering that his worthless PDP party and his boss ruled Nigeria for 16 years with nothing but darkness till they left office and even after budgeting and looting $20 billion power fund.

Hell sounds too decdent for these worthless piece of shit..

I've always known the BMC to be fond of selective and unintelligent journalism.

https://www.nsong.org/MediaPublicity/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=53

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by ArikeBooks: 9:53am On Jan 02, 2018
NAIJA - WHICH WAY?

Recent news reports are increasingly troubling and alarming [b][/b]

“NAIJA - Which Way?" is an immersive exploration into the cultural and social issues that prevail in modern day Nigeria. The novel is set in the metropolitan city of Lagos against the backdrop and soundtrack of AFROBEATS - the sound of Nigeria, the sound of Africa.

The novel transports the reader into the center of a society that worships money, power and influence. It is a fast-paced and exhilarating journey through the lives of five characters: The McCauley's, Peace, Baba Ibeji, Minister Owolabi and Pastor Vincent.

Discover how far they will go in the quest to obtain and maintain the pillars of their society.
Delve into their world as they navigate the web of their circumstances, actions and decisions.

Now available on Amazon! Read FREE excerpt:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078QZWJMS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514793631&sr=8-2&keywords=Naija

Join the dialogue:

@ArikeBooks
#NAIJAWhichWay?

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2018
dredgedaniel:
Its very pathetic that some of us have traded our destinies with our conscience. Some are even comfortable been poor and jobless.

Shame on our youths . !

Shame on our youths !

Shame on our youths !

Shame on our youths !

Religions and ethnicity has failed us. Let's go back to our old ways. . ..

I have written a 21 pages article on Nigeria solution. Its simply based on ideas and experiences, straight from the heart. I will be giving it free to the next president for free.
can I get one?
Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Donbigi2(m): 9:58am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo has succeeded in diverting the attention from the topic, now he'll go receive his BMC salary fir a job well done

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Angelawhite(m): 9:59am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

This data came from the same The Nigeria Electricity System Operator Reno LYING Omokiri the TWITTER PARROT wrongfully quoted and dare us to challenge their facts with his own lying facts.

Now, this twitter clown and parrot can and should apologize like he promised if proven wrong, but I know he won't because he's half backed and half man with lies and dishonesty written all over him.

Funny that this clown is talking about electricity considering that his worthless PDP party and his boss ruled Nigeria for 16 years with nothing but darkness till they left office and even after budgeting and looting $20 billion power fund.

Can you get us a 2017 fact cause we're done listening to dead statistics.

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by lexy2014: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

Ode can't read and comprehend simple English ipob illiterate, I quoted the same agency lying Reno TWITTER PARROT Omokiri quoted and I posed the ling from the same agency the lying clown quoted.

Log off the internet if you are too elementary and ignorant to read and comprehend.

Instead of your clowns foaming at the mouth, when was the last time you asked the Reno the PARROT why 16 years of PDP and his own OGA/Jona met 4.000MW and left us with the same 4,000 MW 16 years later, left us still in darkness even after looting $20 billion power fund.

Nna, STFU.

oga there's no need 2 fight ur fellow Nigerian. D buhari u are fighting 4 is enjoying himself oblivious of d pains of Nigerians. My question is this, do u have light?

2 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by OmoOshodi(m): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2018
I voted this man only because I think at his age he may have some fear and conscience that God do exist.... But I was wrong. 2019 is just around the corner to throw him out with my vote.... Even if he contest against Mugabe of Zimbabwe. I will still vote for Mugabe. cry
Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 02, 2018
The funny thing about Nigerians is that most people are swayed by party affiliates, religious and tribal sentiments.

They forget too soon that the politicians you fight for don't give a hute about you. They have their children and families secured till eternity.

You now come here and shout Sai mama and continue to live in abject penury and hardship. Instead of fighting for a better future for yourself through good governance.

Until you call a spade a spade, Nigeria will remain like this.

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Yusuf4: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

Shut the Bleep up slowpoke.
You will die in poverty supporting a slowpoke, cow, old frog like Buhari. fool

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Mrkumareze(m): 10:17am On Jan 02, 2018
I'm not a fan of Reno nor Jona but something just came
Can someone give me a picture of any projected executed by Bubu since he came into power ?
Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by princejenks(m): 10:18am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

There's a huge difference between the amount of megawatts of power being generated and the amount actually being distributed or rather,that can be distributed. I don't think we should be celebrating generating around 7000megawatts when we are just able to distribute only over 4000megawatts,we should be talking about optimizing transmission here rather than this government appropriating praise for underachieving,that's celebrating mediocrity

4 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by thunder74(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

Find attached below the performance report as stated by the agency itself as at 31/12/2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by thunder74(m): 10:34am On Jan 02, 2018
Angelawhite:

Can you get us a 2017 fact cause we're done listening to dead statistics.

System Performance
31/12/2017
Highest Frequency 50.53 Hz
Lowest Frequency 49.96 Hz
Peak Generation 4,746.20 MW
Lowest Generation 3,364.60 MW
Total Energy Sent Out 93,386.95 MWH
Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by lezz(m): 10:39am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

I simply can’t grasp how your 2016 data from Nigeria electricity operator relates with the claims of President Buhari on 1st January 2018.

What Reno is saying is to debunk his claim that power generation now isn’t up to 7,000 MW as declared by the president.

You should be giving us current figures not that of 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by Praktikals(m): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2018
dredgedaniel:
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/nigerias-power-gen.....
You belief Reno has access to more facts than the op but Buhari does not have access to more info than Omokirikiri. Abeg, I just chop holy communion, I no wan yab

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by waveman2: 10:49am On Jan 02, 2018
It seems u don, t know how to comprehend before commenting and defending Buhari. He is actually correct, go to their website. And here is a screenshot of the peak generation as of 31 Dec 2017 u can use glasses and look at it again.

deomelo:

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:51am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

Ode can't read and comprehend simple English ipob illiterate, I quoted the same agency lying Reno TWITTER PARROT Omokiri quoted and I posed the ling from the same agency the lying clown quoted.

Log off the internet if you are too elementary and ignorant to read and comprehend.

Instead of your clowns foaming at the mouth, when was the last time you asked the Reno the PARROT why 16 years of PDP and his own OGA/Jona met 4.000MW and left us with the same 4,000 MW 16 years later, left us still in darkness even after looting $20 billion power fund.

Nna, STFU.

u should hide ur face in shame

Reno mentioned 2017 u went as far back as 2016 y not even go back to 1983

sometimes d way u bmc think is just unimaginable

like oga like servant

brain dead individuals.

3 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:54am On Jan 02, 2018
waveman2:

It seems u don, t know how to comprehend before commenting and defending Buhari. He is actually correct, go to their website. And here is a screenshot of the peak generation as of 31 Dec 2017 u can use glasses and look at it again.

I dey vex for some of una when dey quote all these brain dead Individuals.

if u don't quote dem,u find dem often at times commenting up to 5 times pending when Someone responds to Dem.

Reno talked about recent issue d mumu dey quote 2016 u for leave am to quote 1983

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by onomeabuja: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2018
GoroTango:
Bros believe me I feel your pain. You see the problem is that you along with Reno and the nonentity 5 percenters are incapable of imposing your will on the rest of us. Buhari will be reelected next year and its all back to wailing for you all over again
U DON LIE OGA
Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by iswallker(m): 11:00am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:

Omokri said the current level of power is 4108..not 7000 as advertised by buhari...

The level in 2016 that you quoted...how does it affect the current discussion...

Am not a fan of reno or PDP but am jus not understanding....

2 Likes

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by progress69: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2018
dredgedaniel:
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/nigerias-power-generation-drops-to-2841-megawatts/amp

Read the above.

It dropped to below 3,000 in June 2017 and appreciated to 4,000+ in December 2017.

Reno is right, he has more connections to fact than you, please apologise to him.

There is no such thing as improvement in power in nigeria, there was a series power sabotage during the Jonathan adminstration. So many cabals needed Jonathan out of the villa that was why they sabotaged power.

There we go again. They make several excuses for Jonathan, blame governors, blame imaginary cabals, but are always mad and bitter when Buhari blames cheesy
This are who will call deluded hypocrites!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by kpo4real: 11:35am On Jan 02, 2018
GoroTango:
Bros believe me I feel your pain. You see the problem is that you along with Reno and the nonentity 5 percenters are incapable of imposing your will on the rest of us. Buhari will be reelected next year and its all back to wailing for you all over again
na only your family go vote for Buhari abi, awon eleleya

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno by kpo4real: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

This shouldn't be about how you feel about me because that's just not important and I care less, what's more important here is the topic and Reno LYING TWITTER PARROT false claim, lies and my own facts.

Focus on that and if you have any objections to my facts, point them out and let me address them and if you can not, go away and move to the next thread or poster.

bro is not your fault,u av to work and delivery what APC av paid for,keep it up u will soon be disgraced

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly / Cracks In Ondo PDP As Five Governors Back Ajayi’s ZLP Move / NIMET Tells Nigerians To Get Set For 3 Days Of Thunderstorms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.