Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. (49636 Views)

Don Jazzy Calls D Banj A Broke Dude In New Song / NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats / Bow Wow Disses Romeo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
Ice Cube Calls Out Eminem, Dre, Kanye & More in 'Drink The Kool-Aid'

Ice Cube wants everyone to know he hears what they have been saying. At a recent "Paid Dues" show, Cube told fans what he had to say. "There's been a gang of motherf*ckers talking sh*t about your boy Ice Cube," he told fans at a Paid Dues concert. "I love it though -- I got a message to the new emcees in the house right now, You can't diss Dr. Dre. You can't diss Eazy-E. You can't diss Ice-T. You can't diss King Tee. No, you cannot diss Ice Cube. No, I ain't going for it. And any of you young motherf*ckers that do want to diss, I got one thing to say before you do it. You better check yourself before you wreck yourself."

In the song "Drink The Koolaid" Ice Cube calls out EVERYONE, check out his verse below calling out Kanye, Dr Dre & Eminem

"I rock the Louie, but not like Kanye
I ain’t the doctor,this ain’t the patient.
This ain’t the nigga always on vacation.
This ain’t the white boy’s rehabiliation."

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yghZ5YKzio8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
Is it me or is this negro just trying to resurrect a career that's dead and gone??
Shouldn't he just stick to acting or sumn??

I heard his beef songs last year and I'm thinking, nigga . . . you live in Hollywood or smn STFU.
If anyone should be doing 'the I'm hood' ish, it's not Ice Cube.

Now he does a song with no content just 'this ain't A, this ain't B, this ain't XYZ'
We knew his rap career was over, the only question we need to ask now is 'aren't we there yet??'
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by jessefly: 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2010
poor fella tryin to feel among
lik my nigga drake wil say he is so last year
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by ElRazur: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
Eldee his last two album should be on your list. He's got a point.

His career is long from dead. He probably makes more money as he is independent and gets more points than most for his album.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by Ibime(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2010
Eldee, go and sit down abeg.

Ice Cube has right to diss anyone he wants cos hes got the kudos to do so.

Even Kanye would tell you Ice Cube is a legend to him.

And his career is not failing. His last album went gold with no promotion, and he kept all the money cos he's signed to himself.

Err'one knows theres no ill-feeling in his disses. Ice Cube was always a rebel. Thats his style.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2010
ElRazur:

Eldee his last two album should be on your list. He's got a point.

His career is long from dead. He probably makes more money as he is independent and gets more points than most for his album.

Come on . . . he's one of those rappers that based their careers on street stories.
It was cool back then when he supposedly used to be gangster, but I've seen him in way to many comedy movies and Oscar red carpets to take him serious now.

It's just like me watching Ryan Reynolds threatening to 'clap' me.
Rappers need to decide what's most important, the text or the story. . . Ice Cube is gone.

I think Jay-Z should do a diss track and say ''is it 'Are we there yet??' or 'FuckthePolice' grin grin
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
Ibime:

Eldee, go and sit down abeg.

Ice Cube has right to diss anyone he wants cos hes got the kudos to do so.

Even Kanye would tell you Ice Cube is a legend to him.

And his career is not failing. His last album went gold with no promotion, and he kept all the money cos he's signed to himself.

Err'one knows theres no ill-feeling in his disses. Ice Cube was always a rebel. Thats his style.

I don't care about his money jare . . .
Yeah he's a legend but he needs to STFU and know when to stick to movies.

All this dissing for no reason is wack to me . . . if you want friendly competition, do it the rapper way . . . feature him and trash him on your track.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by dawhizkid1(m): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
Everybody knows this dude ain't serious!
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by ritchboy(m): 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
Check yourself before you wreck yourself? How original?
Some rappers need to retire/die.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by Genuflect(m): 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2010
Baba na legend but baba no get work. Lol
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by chiogo(f): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2010
LMAO@ "this ain't A, this ain't B, this ain't XYZ" - Eldee, you're mad!! embarassed cry

Eeyah but at least he's rich, that should be enough for him. undecided
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by Amya(f): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2010
A decade ago, i'd say ice cube was part of my 20 best rappers.

Today, i'd say he's part of my twenty best actors.

I'd rather he stick to acting. He's a darn good actor! I'd buy his movies anyday, His rap album? i don't think so!
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by ElRazur: 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2010
eldee:

All this dissing for no reason is wack to me . . . if you want friendly competition, do it the rapper way . . . feature him and trash him on your track.

People take a shot at him for "going Hollywood".

He is not the type to get into beef for no reason.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
ElRazur:

People take a shot at him for "going Hollywood".

He is not the type to get into beef for no reason.

Erm . . . but he did go Hollywood didn't he??

That's the problem, he wants to eat his cake and have it . . . even Jay-Lo is finding it had to get critical reviews on both sides, not to talk about someone who does 'Are we there yet' and comes back the friday after next to tell us he's still kills.
Abeg jare . . . make him go siddon.

chiogo:

LMAO@ "this ain't A, this ain't B, this ain't XYZ" - Eldee, you're mad!! embarassed cry

Eeyah but at least he's rich, that should be enough for him. undecided

He wants to be Jigga rich na . . . $9.99 X 500,000 copies is not enough for him grin grin
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by slimshay(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2010
So what if Ice Cube has box office hits, should that kill his street cred?

In What If, listen to  50 admire actor-rappers

What if I had blockbuster slips like Will Smith
And all the backpack niggaz love me like Mos Def
I probably be a cool ass nigga like Ice Cube
Picture me in the flick right now lookin' so cool

Jay-Z propped Ja for making it unto the screen on A Star is Born

If your movie makes a hit in the box office as a matter of fact it increase your cred. You aint all noise, you are an earner. Rappers admire actors, although kinda the other way round wth actors, with Sam L Jackson saying he wouldnt want to act with an actor, although he did change his mind and got on set with 50.

However on the beef, really dunno. Ive always held my stance that beef is welcome just make it legit. And I dont think Ice cube's got a legit beef here.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by ElRazur: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2010
Eldee my point is that Rappers diversify and as such, I do not see how that is losing street cred. Street cred do not pay bills or secure future. smiley
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
@Slimshay
Ice Cube is not a Kanye or a Drake . . . he claims to be 'hood'.
They don't body people in Hollywood, or does he peel caps in 90210.

He even came out to talk about Jay-Z always being on vacation . . . isn't that just fake coming from someone that's always on set??

Dude, street cred isn't about money, it's about being able to do stuff, the rules are strict.
And 50 Cent referring to Ice Cube in the same breath as Will Smith says a lot. (Remember that it was more to do with 'Ice' being 'cool')
Will Smith doesn't want street cred, he loves his Oscars.

The new Ice Cbe is just 'TV In The Radio'.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2010
ElRazur:

Eldee my point is that Rappers diversify and as such, I do not see how that is losing street cred. Street cred do not pay bills or secure future. smiley

Yeah I know that . . . but if street cred doesn't pay bills, why is Ice Cube struggling so hard for it??

I have more respect Will Smith than I do for Biggie, that's because I'm not from Brooklyn projects.
But if you want respect from those guys, you can't be talking from both sides of your mouth.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by slimshay(m): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2010
Eldiggity  grin grin U conveniently left out the back-pack nucca Mos Def!!!!

Anyways like i said, dont want to carry the thug thingy too far, what so cos I'm singing love songs I cant run with the pack or vise versa. Frank Sinatra rolled with real 'good fellas'. and we know about those who witnessed it from their folk's pad and scribbled it in their note pads.  lipsrsealed grin

Im not on the beef matter or whether he called people out. I am yet to see a legitimate reason why he did. I'll hold out on that. Im on the hardmen on the set thingy. Hard men do go on set. Example 'hardman' Jigga, Paper Soldiers or what was the name of his flick when Beans was telling us showing he killed a man at 12 over a bag of weed or sumtin. Matter of fact, why would this nuccas go all thugged out in movies. poo like this could punch holes in a nucca's theory.

Creds to those who have displayed their talent on set, whether they are self declared killers or not.

I dont think Ice is less cool or less hard for being on set. I wont pander to the image. No not at all.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by ElRazur: 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2010
Eldee, please get his last two albums. He really do not need to crave for what he's got already but when people take shots at him, his mentality will be to respond.

Ideally, I wish he is like Dr Dre and say something like "like I need to prove myself"
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2010
@ElRazur
That's true actually . . . people like to take the piss off Ice Cube.
But this sounded more like an 'I know it all' song than a fightback one.

@slimshay
Look at your verse . . .
Will Smith - Big movies
Mos def - Deep rappers, like the KRS-One army
Ice Cube - Temperature/cool/popular (among white people)

Sinatra was a hardman, cool . . . but he wasn't from Brooklyn or Compton.
The measure of how hard someone is in those areas is determined by what you do/control. . . that's one of the few things left from early 90s hiphop, please don't take it away.

Kanye and Jay-Z don't beg for street-cred, they'll rather ball with Tom Cruise and Beckham. That's what I expect Ice Cube to do now that he's a top actor in his own right.
Gangsters don't do comedy flicks . . . because those are the rules set by the projects they love to claim so much.
Now I'm not saying it makes you less of a rapper, but it makes you sound stupid when you come and chat B.S about killing people.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by ElRazur: 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2010
Eldee, I dont think there are written or unwritten rules. It is nothing but pure jealousy and probably an attempt to undermine his credibility - not that he can be done though.

Tupac when he was alive had the same issue, only this time from the Hollywood people not keen on taking him serious as a real actor.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2010
ElRazur:

Eldee, I dont think there are written or unwritten rules. It is nothing but pure jealousy and probably an attempt to undermine his credibility - not that he can be done though.

Tupac when he was alive had the same issue, only this time from the Hollywood people not keen on taking him serious as a real actor.

What makes you think I'll be jealous of Ice Cube?? come on man . . . I'm more of trying to let this guy retire in peace.

The only reason why Pac was never taken serious by Hollywood was because he was in an era when gangster rap meant gangster rap.
He could not leave the life of beating up people and going on unnecessary gangwars . . . he still had his 'streetcred' intact, Ice Cube doesn't.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by ElRazur: 9:17pm On Apr 07, 2010
My message was not directed at you, but those taking shots at him lol.

Yeah true, but then Street cred is not about doing those things as of lately. People are leaving behind the "Hood mentality" but it appears some people will bring it up hence why they jibe at him for his hollywood stints.

Personally, I will do anything to make money and secure my future. grin
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by eldee(m): 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2010
ElRazur:

My message was not directed at you, but those taking shots at him lol.

Yeah true, but then Street cred is not about doing those things as of lately. People are leaving behind the "Hood mentality" but it appears some people will bring it up hence why they jibe at him for his hollywood stints.

Personally, I will do anything to make money and secure my future. grin

Yeah that's true . . . More people are dropping the 'hood' mentality.
I think the hood/gangster thing is bad for black people anyway.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by lordbayor(m): 12:21am On Apr 08, 2010
well Ice cube is still a legend  and they( Ice cube, Mack 10 the old group N.W.A.) are the real gang in gang rap and the main west cost dons ,  now do u wanna tell me that cos Mack 10 had a song  with Lil wanye then his career is over or what so ever ,  fine u are right that if u wanna rap about street rap then u still gat to have that same hardness in u ,  but the hardness is from within ,  What would u say about Snoop he calls himself Ex banger but still nobody can mess with him, 
I laugh if anybody will dear diss Ice Cube after this song ,  He still have it within, 
Big up Bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsn8xBVneb8
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by shotster50(m): 2:16am On Apr 08, 2010
@ Post, Cube wasnt really going at those mentioned cats. I think this is more of a publicity thing with him and thats where i have my problem. He keeps throwing jabs at the new WC niiccas (Jay Rock, etc). I think he had his time, he should let them have a piece of the pie too.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by chamotex(m): 2:46am On Apr 08, 2010
Eldee,

Does Jay-Z still stay in the hood?
Does 50 still stay in the hood?
Has Kanye ever been in the hood?
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by bgees(m): 6:39am On Apr 08, 2010
Ice Cube was not dissing those guys u mentioned. but he was dissing some people. He apparently has a problem with the 'New West' Rappers - Jay Rock, Glasses Malone, Bishop Lamont and Crooked I. I believe he was dissing those guys . the Old West and the New West are at war at the moment.

But I would love an Ice Cube/Jay z beef grin. and believe me Ice Cube still has it.

chamotex:

Eldee,

Does Jay-Z still stay in the hood?
Does 50 still stay in the hood?
Has Kanye ever been in the hood?

forget that one bros. this is rapping, not gangbanging.
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by lordbayor(m): 7:22am On Apr 08, 2010
bgees:

Ice Cube was not dissing those guys u mentioned. but he was dissing some people. He apparently has a problem with the 'New West' Rappers - Jay Rock, Glasses Malone, Bishop Lamont and Crooked I. I believe he was dissing those guys . the Old West and the New West are at war at the moment.

But I would love an Ice Cube/Jay z beef grin. and believe me Ice Cube still has it.

forget that one bros. this is rapping, not gangbanging.

Thanks ooo , the guy arent doing any gang banding anymore because now everybody have mature enough and this is what he is trying to let the fake new rappers to know, if u wanna keep it real with gang so be it not just rapping and forming like a gangsta ,
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by slimshay(m): 8:27am On Apr 08, 2010
@Eldee, once again, I wont pander to the image.

What you mean thugs dont clown? Off the top of my head, Snoog Dogg (now that's someone who's been in the dock for murder, not like my namesake who's hitting people with unloaded guns and those 'thugs' getting one year and a day. You wanna live as you preach put a bullet through a man even if it will take your life. Now's thats the Proof you are a real thug. Or just go out shooting, now that's how gansters Shyne, abi?)

I hope my irony is not lost anyways, cos the truth is this thug , street cred, thingy is getting so overplayed. The real earners have moved on, they can talk the grimy ish all he day long but they know where the future and the money is at.

Lets open our HipHop bibles to the book of JayZ:

And now that that's that Lets talk about the future
We have just seen the dream as predicted by Martin Luther
Now you could choose to sit in front of your computers
Posin' with guns Shootin YouTube up
Or you could come with me to the White House get your suit up
You stuck on being hardcore I chuck the duece up
Re: Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. by Mobinga: 10:15am On Apr 08, 2010
taa those boys are not his type, he shud go and diss wutang clan

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / 17 Amazing Quotes By Tupac Shakur About Moving On In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.