Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare (556 Views)

Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly Changes Name To Dominion Hall Citadel Global / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare / Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by saltoasis: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2018
The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said God has told him not to end his political career as he had earlier contemplated.

Specifically, Bakare, who contested as the vice-presidential candidate on the platform of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change in the 2011 presidential election, said God told him to run for the Presidency.

The Lagos-based cleric spoke in the early hours of Monday during the watch night service at the Latter Rain Assembly in the Ogba area of Lagos.

Giving a rundown of the 12 major things he said God had revealed to him would happen in 2018, Bakare explained that God had not told him when the “appointed time” to run for the presidency would be.

“This twelfth one is a difficult one for me. It may draw excitement or condemnation. I have tried my best to keep it (to myself) but the Holy Spirit will not allow me to do so.

“In my study around 4am on Sunday morning, God told me ‘you cannot bring your political career to a close; there is still more to do. Run for the Presidency. I will do it at the appointed time,” the pastor added.

Bakare declared that he was unfazed by the daunting task that his aspiration might pose, expressing confidence that once the Lord had spoken, it was left for God to perform it.

“Joseph (in the Bible) did not contest an election; yet, he became the prime minister of Egypt. Why must I worry myself about where to get the resources for the task? Your own duty in this assignment is to pray along with me. When it is the appointed time, He (God) will do it. When He tells me the time, you will hear about it,” he stated.

Bakare added that most of the “political juggernauts” in the country would fall “at the feet of women in 2018.”

Though he did not mention names, the cleric said some of those seen at the moment as among the most powerful in Nigeria’s political space, would be “replaced.”

“In 1998, I told you that I saw your President dying between two women. Did it happen? I’m telling you again: some of these political juggernauts will fall at the feet of women and you will see it happen,” he said.

The pastor declared that 2018 would be a year when women would break barriers in most fields of human endeavours both in Nigeria and globally.

He explained that women would be in the forefront of most policy making decisions while also dictating the pace in the boardroom.

http://punchng.com/god-has-asked-me-to-run-for-presidency-bakare/
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by saltoasis: 7:32am On Jan 02, 2018
This was the same man that cajouled people to vote for buhari in the name of God.
He has refused to criticize Buhari's administration.
I have a question for bakare, did God also show him that he would win if he contests.

~~ Hypocrite ~~

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by Kzeeboi2015(m): 7:32am On Jan 02, 2018
God's time is the best
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by emmie14: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2018
Nigeria political arena is sinful. God never lead his own to sin rather to eternal life.
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by EmekaBlue(m): 7:37am On Jan 02, 2018
Hiss
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by saltoasis: 7:38am On Jan 02, 2018
The way men of God are using the name of God to manipulate people is saddening. I did not expect someone like bakare to even talk politics again after all the rubbish he has said in the past.
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by saltoasis: 7:42am On Jan 02, 2018
Kzeeboi2015:
God's time is the best
are you saying its now time for him to come out?
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by Valro(m): 7:50am On Jan 02, 2018
God don suffer.
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by ngozianu(m): 7:55am On Jan 02, 2018
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by jchioma: 8:00am On Jan 02, 2018
Even Tunde knows it is not possible in present day Nigeria.

'This twelfth one is a difficult one for me. It may draw excitement or condemnation. I have tried my best to keep it (to myself) but the Holy Spirit will not allow me to do so.'
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by saltoasis: 8:07am On Jan 02, 2018
Valro:
God don suffer.
Honestly, God should start giving some people back hand slap sometimes.
God go dey one place dey look say, when did I ask him to say all these trash
Re: God Told Me To Run For Presidency -- Tunde Bakare by Mynd44: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2018

(1)

Men Are Despirate For Spiritual (and Physical) Dominion / Catholic Priest Arms Self With AK47 Riffle On Pulpit / Reason Why Some Igbo People Don't Greet Elders In Their Village..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.