Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

What I Learnt From This Dog - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What I Learnt From This Dog (560 Views)

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? / What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Learnt From This Dog by presh2017(f): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2018
DROP THE BONE

A few hours ago, I received this message from a friend & I thought it wise to share.

I was in a car commuting from home to my daily errands. The car was speeding at about 80kms per hour. Suddenly, I saw a dog running so fact trying to overtake the car so that it could cross the road.

I was frightened that the car would overrun the dog. I was praying that the dog would increase its speed and cross the road safely. The car was fast approaching the dog. Then, I saw the dog suddenly increase its speed and was able to cross the road successful. Pheew, I sighed, thanking God it wasn’t hit by the car.

But, there is something I noticed that fell off before the dog suddenly increased its speed. I asked the driver, could you please reverse. I need to see what fell off. When I saw what fell off, one of the greatest lessons sunk into my thick skull.

The dog let go of the BONE.

It was that SIMPLE, it reached a point where the dog had to let go of the bone in order to gain speed and save its life. Men, the dog is SMART… I thought.

What’s the LESSON? Let go of the bone.

There are bones we have held onto in 2017.

If we succeed to let go of the 2017 ‘BONES’, then we will do wonders in 2018 and years beyond.
There are so many types of bones which for sure have held us back. Let’s make the painful decision of letting go of the bone.
- Failure to seek new thoughts or new ways of doing things is a BONE.
- Doing things in the same unsuccessful manner, year in year out is a BONE.
- Thinking that money alone is the source of your happiness; that’s the HARDEST BONE.
- Going to work late and acting irresponsibly is a BONE.
- Not worshiping God, be it in a CHURCH or MOSQUE; that’s a tricky bone, even the hyena cannot handle.
- Watching our friends fail; yet we could have helped them succeed…BONE.

These are only few examples, the list is endless.
Let’s drop the BONE, so that we have a prosperous 2018 and years ahead. Bones lag us behind from reaching our God-destined potential.

Happy New Year 2018.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at Unveils It's New Missionary-in-charge / The Postmaster General/ CEO Of NIPOST Launches 95 Power Bikes For The Last Mile / Https://www.reddit.com/r/2018daytona500live/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.