Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory (22303 Views)

George Weah Sworn In As Liberian President (Photos, Video) / George Weah Is New President Of Liberia / George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by adioolayi(m): 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
amnesty7:
Yes and No. Holding on to God, you are right. So-called man of God = 419
Judgement is of God....I have only written based on real life occurrence.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kings09(m): 12:07am On Jan 03, 2018
LesbianBoy:
What lesson can one learn from buhari angry
Grant freewill for ur kinsmen to slaughter other tribes freely like benue ppl r bn slaughtered while omenkalives n liondeleo celebrate in the bmc room ably supported by sarrki

1 Like

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by Nonnyflex(m): 12:31am On Jan 03, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
what stops you from becoming a godfather. They don't have two heads. Do what they did
They have booked all the spaces available and they are neither ready to resign nor die... So we are just waiting for our turn...

1 Like

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:36am On Jan 03, 2018
Nonnyflex:

They have booked all the spaces available and they are neither ready to resign nor die... So we are just waiting for our turn...
didn't PDP book space against tinubu apc
Just say you're not ready to lead.
You never surfer reach if not you will find solution
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by Nonnyflex(m): 12:43am On Jan 03, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
didn't PDP book space against tinubu apc
Just say you're not ready to lead.
You never surfer reach if not you will find solution
But APC were able to get one of the greatest godfather (obj) to their corner... Even today Goodluck is advising atiku to never underestimate him as that was his mistake... So pls if you can get obj to my corner I won't mind running any office Sir... As for suffer let me not put hand there
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:36am On Jan 03, 2018
Nonnyflex:

But APC were able to get one of the greatest godfather (obj) to their corner... Even today Goodluck is advising atiku to never underestimate him as that was his mistake... So pls if you can get obj to my corner I won't mind running any office Sir... As for suffer let me not put hand there
so why are talking as if it can't be done. You sef go beg godfather to your side.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by Timohstew(m): 1:50am On Jan 03, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
Daviddson:
I hope he doesn't become like Buhari who had a similar "12-years-after" experience, but has now largely squandered the popular goodwill he enjoyed from the majority.

Let's hope so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kolawoleibukun: 4:52am On Jan 03, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

Who are d giants
Money is money after all footballer de earn in dollars
Why dem no skata politicians moni
Play your politics right and you will win
Start as Assembly man or rep where your moni can share enough goodies
Then grow in the system using oil money
Simples
Even weah went to start from senator
my brother we know this country well na. me and you no say strong meat dem day top. na family affairs for the top. is tough. no footballer get the kind money to run for president yet.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by LionDeLeo: 6:46am On Jan 03, 2018
kings09:
Grant freewill for ur kinsmen to slaughter other tribes freely like benue ppl r bn slaughtered while omenkalives n liondeleo celebrate in the bmc room ably supported by sarrki
Rather than making comments like others, it seems your task is to memorize people's usernames and just to be tagging them up and down, imagine, 9 mentions within 2 hrs, all junks from one person. And this is the same thing shouting 30k bmc everywhere. Lol, one of the ironies of life. cool

Any being with half the intelligence of a goat should be able to decipher who are actually getting paid. But, as we all know, attack is the best form of defence, hence the concept "30k bmc" from the actual paid agents. Na una go still use una hands expose unaself. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by oladele00(m): 7:53am On Jan 03, 2018
some of the lesson learned are;
1). pursue and pursue that thing that will give you joy.. in fact pursue anything pursuable.
). Vote for that vibrant leader that can take you out of all economic doldrums.. Don't vote for that dullard that will take u into recession, use herdsmen in killing some particular set of people, won't use fuel scarcity to inflict injury on the poor
Don't vote again for that fellow that has NEPA bill as SSCE certificate.
Jay jay okocha, KANU, Joseph yobo, yakubu , should all come and do the needful.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by Burgerlomo: 8:04am On Jan 03, 2018
God bless you.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by Celdanstar: 8:28am On Jan 03, 2018
He will succeed, he is determined.

1 Like

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kings09(m): 8:49am On Jan 03, 2018
Ogbeni do u ur bmc work. Ur ppl in benue r bn slaughtered while u masturbate on every ipob thread
LionDeLeo:

Rather than making comments like others, it seems your task is to memorize people's usernames and just to be tagging them up and down, imagine, 9 mentions within 2 hrs, all junks from one person. And this is the same thing shouting 30k bmc everywhere. Lol, one of the ironies of life. cool

Any being with half the intelligence of a goat should be able to decipher who are actually getting paid. But, as we all know, attack is the best form of defence, hence the concept "30k bmc" from the actual paid agents. Na una go still use una hands expose unaself. cheesy

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by DeRay98(m): 11:20am On Jan 03, 2018
asdfjklhaha:
If okocha and kanu contest for president they will loose woefully so I don't think his being famous had anything to do with his victory.

He simply knew people in high places that mattered.

Both of them need to go to school first to get the relevant education needed for the position. Popularity alone is not enough.
After Weah lost in his 2nd attempt he was about to go the way of instidating unrest.
I read online that Obasanjo mediated btw him and Sirleaf Johnson and advised him to suspend his ambition and go back to school to get more education. That when he's ready he (Obasanjo) will assist him to realise his ambition. Weah went back to school, obtained a Bachelor and Masters degree in the U.S. while also running as a senator to gain experience.
This is Nigerians are missing out of his success story. He went through a process not a short-cut that our youths imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by Dominiccash360(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
grin hehehe he also promised them change
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
my brother we know this country well na. me and you no say strong meat dem day top. na family affairs for the top. is tough. no footballer get the kind money to run for president yet.
did the family affair start yesterday.
Did the footballer just become overnigh
Start at local level and grow your clout and win
Jonathan started as a commissioner to dg to VP to resident
Buhari started from lieutenant to general to running 4 times
You start somewhere and rise up
Stop looking for miracle Messiah
Democracy is a slow terrible system of govt
Don't let oyinbo deceive you
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kolawoleibukun: 4:01am On Jan 04, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
did the family affair start yesterday.
Did the footballer just become overnigh
Start at local level and grow your clout and win
Jonathan started as a commissioner to dg to VP to resident
Buhari started from lieutenant to general to running 4 times
You start somewhere and rise up
Stop looking for miracle Messiah
Democracy is a slow terrible system of govt
Don't let oyinbo deceive you
if you were referring to my grandfather's generation, your thought would have been hopeful. My brother, to make the matter short. Since you know the way, what level of success have you gained so far?
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:24am On Jan 04, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
if you were referring to my grandfather's generation, your thought would have been hopeful. My brother, to make the matter short. Since you know the way, what level of success have you gained so far?
joined apc in 2014
My group helped te elect fedetal rep
Now hr is indebted to us
Small small we are moving
Major setback with drath of oir leader
But now we know it can be done
He could've been nominated for a board position or commissionership next term or given contracts(resources for next leg up)
Little baby little
Not trying to become emetitus professor when you haven't even stared crawling yet
Step by step
Its a process
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kolawoleibukun: 9:48am On Jan 04, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
joined apc in 2014
My group helped te elect fedetal rep
Now hr is indebted to us
Small small we are moving
Major setback with drath of oir leader
But now we know it can be done
He could've been nominated for a board position or commissionership next term or given contracts(resources for next leg up)
Little baby little
Not trying to become emetitus professor when you haven't even stared crawling yet
Step by step
Its a process
na so you go move ooo till your pikin go start movement and you grand pikin go start again. If things move at your pace then, the promise land is infinity travel oh.
I don hear that one before. for this country e goet somethings way no just be. no be by mouth. If no be Obasanjo, goodluck no smell that seat. and that is just one example since 1960. na be say another repeat na the next 100 years. so where our hope. as you day look yourself so, give yourself 30 years you are out of the labour market. anything you don't achieve now na history. 4 years is gone already you are still step by stepping. e tay bros.
we no wetin day inside

1 Like

Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
na so you go move ooo till your pikin go start movement and you grand pikin go start again.
But me and my generations will move closer
Yours will never smell it
Who your grumbling help
At least mine has 1% chance
Yours is 0
I'll take those odds

If things move at your pace then, the promise land is infinity travel oh.
Commissioner or contractor with access to oyel money in 4 to 8 years or not a slow pace
Doing nothing is not even a pace

I don hear that one before.
Wia you hiaram
I dare you to tell us
You no hia Shishi
All you've heard all your life is it cannot be done

for this country e goet somethings way no just be. no be by mouth.
Thas why were attending meetings with our legs and time instead of making mouth online
OO be by mouth

R If no be Obasanjo, goodluck no smell that seat
If Jonathan no attend meeting nko
Or obj run from nomination
You do your 1% and fate will do the remaining
99 But if you lazy fate will amplify your laziness
Jonathan rose from rep to president in 10 years
Tambuwal nko or any of these politicians
ChidoKa was in charge of frsc at 39
Seminatari commissioner in rivers in her 30s now I'm nndc in her 40s
If they never participated they will not be there

. and that is just one example since 1960. na be say another repeat na the next 100 years. so where our hope. as you day look yourself so, give yourself 30 years you are out of the labour market. anything you don't achieve now na history. 4 years is gone already you are still step by stepping. e tay bros.
we no wetin day inside
to become graduate no de tey?
Professor nko
Bank manager
Tailor
Bricklayer
Footballer
So you wan siddon make dem con spoon feed you say you be governor pikin

You can use your 30 years to work for better country or use it to lament

Choicef is yours
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kolawoleibukun: 3:37am On Jan 05, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

But me and my generations will move closer
Yours will never smell it
Who your grumbling help
At least mine has 1% chance
Yours is 0
I'll take those odds

Commissioner or contractor with access to oyel money in 4 to 8 years or not a slow pace
Doing nothing is not even a pace

Wia you hiaram
I dare you to tell us
You no hia Shishi
All you've heard all your life is it cannot be done

Thas why were attending meetings with our legs and time instead of making mouth online
OO be by mouth

If Jonathan no attend meeting nko
Or obj run from nomination
You do your 1% and fate will do the remaining
99 But if you lazy fate will amplify your laziness
Jonathan rose from rep to president in 10 years
Tambuwal nko or any of these politicians
ChidoKa was in charge of frsc at 39
Seminatari commissioner in rivers in her 30s now I'm nndc in her 40s
If they never participated they will not be there

to become graduate no de tey?
Professor nko
Bank manager
Tailor
Bricklayer
Footballer
So you wan siddon make dem con spoon feed you say you be governor pikin

You can use your 30 years to work for better country or use it to lament

Choicef is yours
when people day talk I no day expect nairalander to day open their mouth o. You just day waste your time for there o bros. You no hustle reach me. I know about all those grassroot politics. e end for grassroot. shebi na the one abike dabiri do reach senate. guy if your aim na to reach senate, possible. but to say you won be president, na joke be that.
and if you think say becos you day attend backyard political meeting say you don get 1% chance to presidency, you better wake up oh. all those people just just day give you high hope. a real politician suppose get better work or godfather. you no get any of those and you day feel say your chance high. You are wasting your time my friend. go find work do. next 5 years we go still shake hands for nairaland. see politician. Your English self need refurbishing. You have no charisma in your writing for a politicians. It is not convincing and does not have a soul. When you meet a real politician, even the content of him writing self speaks volumes. You are just a toilet paper to some politician. You go day there old finish. for your eye him pikin go grow begin send you errand too.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
when people day talk I no day expect nairalander to day open their mouth o.

This y they call it freedom of speech You just day waste your time for there o bros

. You no hustle reach me.
It's so cute you think it's by hustle

I know about all those grassroot politics

What do you know
That you failed?
So you discourage everybody else
E no go work
. e end for grassroot.
E end for you you mean
Na your level be that

shebi na the one abike dabiri do reach senate
Reps
And na special assistant now
Small small she de near Aso Rock
But you Wia you de

. guy if your aim na to reach senate, possible. but to say you won be president, na joke be that.
Na your type go keep your pikin from achieving true potential cos you no wan make e shine pass you

and if you think say becos you day attend backyard political meeting say you don get 1% chance to presidency, you better wake up oh.
Where you think all the other presidents start from? Top abi. Dia mama born dem into presidency ba
No wonder dem use you well for grassroot
Dem don see Wia your imagination reach

all those people just just day give you high hope.
Which ppl
I No hope in pesin
Na me and God
In fact na God
a real politician suppose get better work or godfather
God give me work
God na my godfather
Abi na obatala you put hope
Sorry ma your name

. you no get any of those and you day feel say your chance high.
E high pass you wen Don defeat

You are wasting your time my friend.
Is it your time

go find work do

You think I mumu like you use politics as full time work
. next 5 years we go still shake hands for nairaland.
May not have that time by then
Even now na struggle
And I never start my full hustle

see politician. Your English self need refurbishing.
Wetin you get for waec English

You have no charisma in your writing for a politicians.
I don't write unfortunately
That is for minions
I do

It is not convincing and does not have a soul.
I agree
Na my weakest link

When you meet a real politician, even the content of him writing self speaks volumes

You mistake me for a politician
No my shiaman
I am here to fix this nonsense country
Not play politics without purpose
It is just a means to an end
. You are just a toilet paper to some politician
Shebi d politician go need me after him Don shit finish
Na dia I go hook am
Give me what I want or smell shit in public

. You go day there old finish. for your eye him pikin go grow begin send you errand too.
[/quote]

Hahaha
Even army general no send me errand successfully
Na mumu politician
If you see me running errand e Don be for the pesin wen de send me
Na setup
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kolawoleibukun: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

This y they call it freedom of speech You just day waste your time for there o bros

It's so cute you think it's by hustle

What do you know
That you failed?
So you discourage everybody else
E no go work

E end for you you mean
Na your level be that

Reps
And na special assistant now
Small small she de near Aso Rock
But you Wia you de

Na your type go keep your pikin from achieving true potential cos you no wan make e shine pass you

Where you think all the other presidents start from? Top abi. Dia mama born dem into presidency ba
No wonder dem use you well for grassroot
Dem don see Wia your imagination reach

Which ppl
I No hope in pesin
Na me and God
In fact na God

God give me work
God na my godfather
Abi na obatala you put hope
Sorry ma your name

E high pass you wen Don defeat

Is it your time

You think I mumu like you use politics as full time work

May not have that time by then
Even now na struggle
And I never start my full hustle

Wetin you get for waec English

I don't write unfortunately
That is for minions
I do

I agree
Na my weakest link

You mistake me for a politician
No my shiaman
I am here to fix this nonsense country
Not play politics without purpose
It is just a means to an end

Shebi d politician go need me after him Don shit finish
Na dia I go hook am
Give me what I want or smell shit in public

Hahaha
Even army general no send me errand successfully
Na mumu politician
If you see me running errand e Don be for the pesin wen de send me
Na setup
guy forget that thing. we no you. no busy man get time to type essay for nairaland. d pesin get migraine for teeth? You no get work. poor man way day find survival. na so so houseboy you go day run for one politicians or the other until regime go change the man no go get mouth again. you go begin find another person. if to say you get bite, you for no day here. u no how many response you don give me. even me way I feel say I get time I surprise say you clap back. You be better omodo for grassroot politician. na one year remain oh all those your slavery since Jonathan step down will be in vain. once any shake up na after the election you don lose your godfather be that oh. that is if the old man no die before election.
I hear say you don wash car tire. for this cold your hand go day white anyhow day freeze. all na for new year rice and meat.
guy go look for better thing politics no fit you. even the people you day refer as minions don go school pass you. dem day move forward. at your age we don day see abike dabiri for TV. na this age she won take make am? we never even no you for nairaland. if you see person way get shine e no day tay. e day start early. you don too old for this game. na bar head you don day get finish so oh. na barber just day help you style your hair way e be like say something still day there.
my pikin day school for better country with a bright future ahead of him. if my pikin finish self you go still come serve am with hope of becoming a president.

old fowl make you no get sense quick before dem go buy you your first walking stick.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
guy forget that thing. we no you. no busy man get time to type essay for nairaland. d pesin get migraine for teeth? You no get work. poor man way day find survival. na so so houseboy you go day run for one politicians or the other until regime go change the man no go get mouth again. you go begin find another person. if to say you get bite, you for no day here. u no how many response you don give me. even me way I feel say I get time I surprise say you clap back. You be better omodo for grassroot politician. na one year remain oh all those your slavery since Jonathan step down will be in vain. once any shake up na after the election you don lose your godfather be that oh. that is if the old man no die before election.
I hear say you don wash car tire. for this cold your hand go day white anyhow day freeze. all na for new year rice and meat.
guy go look for better thing politics no fit you. even the people you day refer as minions don go school pass you. dem day move forward. at your age we don day see abike dabiri for TV. na this age she won take make am? we never even no you for nairaland. if you see person way get shine e no day tay. e day start early. you don too old for this game. na bar head you don day get finish so oh. na barber just day help you style your hair way e be like say something still day there.
my pikin day school for better country with a bright future ahead of him. if my pikin finish self you go still come serve am with hope of becoming a president.

old fowl make you no get sense quick before dem go buy you your first walking stick.
Chei na so dem disappoint you abi you.the painment is real. No vex say you no get anything to offer so tey you run go anoda man country.no be me do you strong thing o. SMH take heart. Don't worry wen we tidy naija your grand chudren fit come try get citizenship you hear, doh.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kolawoleibukun: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
Chei na so dem disappoint you abi you.the painment is real. No vex say you no get anything to offer so tey you run go anoda man country.no be me do you strong thing o. SMH take heart. Don't worry wen we tidy naija your grand chudren fit come try get citizenship you hear, doh.
guy if e get as e be we go enter still take the chance way you day fight for since. look well nothing day for you. you no day see the ministers way we get for ground today? their children don finish school oh. dem don day work as PA. some don join politics already oh. If to say you don reach one kind level at this time, we for day reason. but you still day run errand.

guy make I no discourage you sha. you fit day do. I pray for you. but use your head. one thing I just wan tell you be say the presidency, before people like us see except say death miracle happen like e happen for Goodluck.

just day hustle sha. na we we. even do we day throw blow for nairaland. I no say I don burn your time and data well well.

take care. I just come play for nairaland to get over stress.
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
guy if e get as e be we go enter still take the chance way you day fight for since. look well nothing day for you. you no day see the ministers way we get for ground today? their children don finish school oh. dem don day work as PA.
Why adeddibu son no de dia again if na automatic

some don join politics already oh
. If to say you don reach one kind level at this time, we for day reason[/quote]
You still think race is won by the swiftest ba

. but you still day run errand.

Everyone runs errand for politicians even you wen don frustrate

guy make I no discourage you sha.

You no fit
you fit day do.

I will
I pray for you.
Thank you

but use your head

Before nko
. one thing I just wan tell you be say the presidency, before people like us see except say death miracle happen like e happen for Goodluck.
I believe in miracles
And I don't even need to be in office to effect change not to talk of senator, I don turn principality if I win 1 election
Even if na only local govt chairman I gotidy my village to Dubai standard
Even ordinary councillor

just day hustle sha. na we we. even do we day throw blow for nairaland. I no say I don burn your time and data well well.
I have unlimited data and always time for naija mataa

take care. I just come play for nairaland to get over stress.
na Wia we different
Na only naija mataa de stress me
Na the only challenge worth my time
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by kolawoleibukun: 7:13am On Jan 06, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

Why adeddibu son no de dia again if na automatic

. If to say you don reach one kind level at this time, we for day reason
You still think race is won by the swiftest ba

. but you still day run errand.

Everyone runs errand for politicians even you wen don frustrate

guy make I no discourage you sha.

You no fit
you fit day do.

I will
I pray for you.
Thank you

but use your head

Before nko
. one thing I just wan tell you be say the presidency, before people like us see except say death miracle happen like e happen for Goodluck.

I believe in miracles
And I don't even need to be in office to effect change not to talk of senator, I don turn principality if I win 1 election
Even if na only local govt chairman I gotidy my village to Dubai standard
Even ordinary councillor

I have unlimited data and always time for naija mataa

take care. I just come play for nairaland to get over stress. na Wia we different
Na only naija mataa de stress me
Na the only challenge worth my time
well done
Re: Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
well done
na God even me don give up on non violent solution as at 2013 but hope de bfor we turn into Somalia or Libya or Lebanon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lord Macaulay's Address To The British Paliament On Breaking Africa / Algerian Students Protest In Thousands As Their President Seeks Re-Election / British MP, David Amess' Stabbing Confirmed As A Aterrorist Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.