Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,782 members, 7,866,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? (21383 Views)

Osagie Ehanire Silent On Question About Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts / Gani Adams On Fulani Herdsmen Killings: "What Yorubas Will Do" / Restructuring: Why Are Notable Nigerians Silent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by ReinaFarine: 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
What part of the country specifically belongs to this Fulani men?
Their state, their local government?
Why can't their wives till and cultivate their land so it can produce enough to feed these animals?

Why don't they have ranches like modern day farmers and buy hay and feed for their cattle?

Why can't they be called to order and made to face justice and punishment for their atrocities?

Why is the 'murder in defense of life and property' not a just cause when Fulani herdsmen are concerned?

When they attacked Numan two months ago, the security personnel that the case was reported to said, 'they are not Nigerians so it is beyond his power' or something along that line.

How smart is it to say a foreigner has more immunity than the indigenes?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Tecno66: 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
Good question. Can BMC provide answer to this question. The issue is that when the Fulani hersmen kill people, there is no problem but when the people retaliate, ASO rock appear threathened.
FortifiedCity:
I'm so pained seeing people run away from their fatherland abecause some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

Worst of it all is that the President is indifferent about this. The governors and local government authorities look so incapacitated. Well-meaning Nigerians feel less concerned because it hasn't gotten to their estates, mansions and houses. Everybody is sitting akimbo.

How long is this onslaught going to continue? Are we going to fold our hands and watch defenseless people being slaughtered like goats in their own lands?
The first gift creation gave to man was land. The bitterest of wars you'll ever fight is over your land.

But right here, we keep silent and watch people being killed and their lands being taken over by strangers including cows.

Guys don't you think this is a strategic genocide, be it religious or ethnic?
Don't you think there are wicked ulterior motives behind these attacks?

The primary reason why you have a neighbor is, to hAve someone speak up for you when you have no voice, to have someone fight for you when you are defenseless. If your neighbor keeps silent while you're being attacked, after you might have been dealt with, it will get to his turn. It is a chain reaction people!!!!!

We are all disappointing humanity by standing neutral in time of moral and human atrocities. Those guys being attacked need someone to speak up for them at least.

Guys we have to speak up so that our diversity remains intact. Agatu comes to mind. That village is a complete shadow now. It's also happening in Southern Kaduna and Adamawa. Lineages, tribes, generations, nations are gradually being exterminated.

We can't let this continue, guys we can't. My heart bleeds now. If there is anything you can do to make the cries of these people heard, please do.

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by redangel2017: 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
horsepower101:
With IPOB, everyone suddenly became an expert with an opinion. Restructuring was the national anthem.

But with Fulani herdsmen that is actually killing people daily, everyone is silent.

IPOB that carries microphone is more dangerous than Fulani herdsmen that carry AK-47.
angry
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by trutbetold: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
Defend yourselves against this blood suckling demods on cow skins.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
wtfcoded:

Tell them bro.
The unity beggers will never learn...Never!!
I saw a thread here last year that says 'Ibos DNA nd yoruba DNA are very similar' or something.

Meh i was like, 'what the hell are these unity beggers up to'!!

Restructuring dem no gree!
Oya make we Separate, dem no still gree!!
Ok make we stay in peace, dem go tell u say power belongs to dem.
Why are they so jealous, pained n hateful?
Why are they so afraid of separation?
Is this not being a pest?
chai fatality grin grin
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Leke001: 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
Sorry!...who do you refer to as "well meaning Nigerians?"
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
All these victims of Fulani attacks can actually protect themselves (Southern Kaduna in particular) but they are handicapped when they eise to attack Governor El-Rufai who is Buhari's son will send Army there to stop them then at night the Army goes away for Fulani to attack, who do you cry to? All the country's security are headed by muslim except maybe for Navy...so you see. But God doesn't sleep, that they don't know...if they use govt to stop us " our weapon of wars are not canal"
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Donwyz(m): 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
bubu was silent about it in his new year speech too......I think there is more happening than what we see. All the government do is to unleash the military on those who walk down the street trying to speak about what they want. If you ask them anything they blame it on the PDP, I guess the PDP is to be blamed for the names of dead people on the list of appointment on agencies and parastatal
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by enabledgoddess(f): 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I'm so pained seeing people run away from their fatherland because some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

Worst of it all is that the President is indifferent about this. The governors and local government authorities look so incapacitated. Well-meaning Nigerians feel less concerned because it hasn't gotten to their estates, mansions and houses. Everybody is sitting akimbo.

How long is this onslaught going to continue? Are we going to fold our hands and watch defenseless people being slaughtered like goats in their own lands?
The first gift creation gave to man was land. The bitterest of wars you'll ever fight is over your land.

But right here, we keep silent and watch people being killed and their lands being taken over by strangers including cows.

The primary reason why you have a neighbor is, to hAve someone speak up for you when you have no voice, to have someone fight for you when you are defenseless. If your neighbor keeps silent while you're being attacked, after you might have been dealt with, it will get to his turn. It is a chain reaction people!!!!!

We are all disappointing humanity by standing neutral in time of moral and human atrocities. Those guys being attacked need someone to speak up for them at least.

Guys we have to speak up so that our diversity remains intact. Agatu comes to mind. That village is a complete shadow now. It's also happening in Southern Kaduna and Adamawa. Lineages, tribes, generations, nations are gradually being exterminated.

We can't let this continue, guys we can't. My heart bleeds now. If there is anything you can do to make the cries of these people heard, please do.

your adjective is out of place in this context."well meaning Nigerians" I thought that should mean people who wish Nigeria well, whether in politics or not, whether rich or poor, educated or not. that automatically means people who will stand to fight and do something. but here, I think you meant those in power and the gullible rich people. get a new phrase! why shift responsibilities? "if there is anything you want to do? please, end it with "these are things I will do"
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Tecno66: 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
pauljumbo:
Leaders are silent because they don't want to embarrass the oga at the top
Maybe another way to butress your point is that they dont want to incure the wrath of oga at the top.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by wtfcoded: 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
leezzz:
chai fatality grin grin
grin grin i've got loads of it from my SEGA 16bits 'mortal kombat' game days.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by shekauvsbuhari: 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
Same way an entire nation kept quiet when buhari went and killed armless ipob agitators. Afonja were supporting him too. They dont want to offend buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
wtfcoded:

grin grin i've got loads of it from my SEGA 16bits 'mortal kombat' game days.
grin grin
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
enabledgoddess:

your adjective is out of place in this context."well meaning Nigerians" I thought that should mean people who wish Nigeria well, whether in politics or not, whether rich or poor, educated or not. that automatically means people who will stand to fight and do something. but here, I think you meant those in power and the gullible rich people. get a new phrase!
I highlighted that the President and those in power have failed us,and then called on everyone to speak up.

Do me a favor and read again, then see if I only mentioned the politicians aND the gullible rich
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by darqly(m): 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
You are right. Villagers get arrested when they want to defend themselves

These villagers will soon learn that the ONLY language herdsmen and security agencies understand, is VIOLENCE, and will arm themselves.

How many times have herdsmen killed soldiers and policemen and gone scot free? The fulani are going to make themselves become pariahs in Nigeria, persona non grata in most parts, and people will begin to attack them on sight.

Let your people get weapons, no matter what it takes, that's when government will respond accordingly, just watch. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Oxalic(m): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
The deliberate refusal of the FG under Buhari to tame the madness of these Fulani terrorists is a terrible act of injustice.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by maasoap(m): 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I'm so pained seeing people run away from their fatherland because some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

If there is one thing I learned from the Fulanis herdsmen attacks over the years, it has always been a reprisal attacks. So, the question is: why are they carrying out retaliatory attacks? Until we address the root cause of the attacks and counter attacks, we will continue wailing over this violence over and over again.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Tecno66: 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
horsepower101:
With IPOB, everyone suddenly became an expert with an opinion. Restructuring was the national anthem.

But with Fulani herdsmen that is actually killing people daily, everyone is silent.

IPOB that carries microphone is more dangerous than Fulani herdsmen that carry AK-47.
I think Buhari should address the fulani herdsmen issue with the same decisiveness with which he tackled the IPOB issue because both poss threat to the sovereignty & territorial integrity of this nation.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by lereinter(m): 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
fulani herdsmen attack became aggravated during buhari time
confidently killing cos buhari is president
#backtodaura
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by stonemasonn: 10:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
darqly:

These villagers will soon learn that the ONLY language herdsmen and security agencies understand, is VIOLENCE, and will arm themselves.

How many times have herdsmen killed soldiers and policemen and gone scot free? The fulani are going to make themselves become pariahs in Nigeria, persona non grata in most parts, and people will begin to attack them on sight.

Let your people get weapons, no matter what it takes, that's when government will respond accordingly, just watch. angry angry
that won't be in this regime, the customs are thoroughly searching every entry point for weapons, except if the weapons belongs to some powers that be. and You can't use locally made arms to fight the army.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Tecno66: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:

I make bold to say that Muhammadu Buhari is behind them.
He seems to have sympathy for their course and that is too bad because God will hold him accountable for his action and inaction on the deaths due to the herdsmen's activities.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
maasoap:

If there is one thing I learned from the Fulanis herdsmen attacks over the years, it has always been a reprisal attacks. So, the question is: why are they carrying out retaliatory attacks? Until we address the root cause of the attacks and counter attacks, we will continue wailing over this violence over and over again.
Then you need to learn more. You own a farm that is well cultivated and someone drives a herd of cattle to there and eats up your crops. You come out so challenge them and all you get is gunshots and machete cuts.

Please dont feign ignorance like this
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by CrtlAltDel: 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
knowledgeable:

[s]It will forever continue because its root lie in false hood and conspiracy heaped on Igbos primarily by Yorubas that have almost destroy the Igbos. While the Yorubas are busy with their media out of extreme hatred of the Igbos creating the impression that Igbos are tribalistic, hateful and etc, deliberately avoiding with their media the real haters and killers of Nigerians.[/s]
Seriously shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Kc3000: 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
“Since 1960, many attempts have been made to diagnose the trouble with Nigeria. Chief among the usual suspects have been, “tribalism,” corruption, and bad leadership. May I submit that these are symptoms, not the underlying causes; the fevers, not the malaria or typhoid parasites. Our problems are much more serious than corruption & co. They include identity crises of various kinds, a lunatic elite, cultural schizophrenia, Eurotoxification and the fact that Nigeria is not a nation but a noyau—i.e., a society of inward antagonism, one held together by mutual internal antagonism, one which could not carry on if its members had no fellow members to hate. And if we want to end the troubles of the Nigerians, we must dig deeper to find the fundamental causes.”

Chinweizu, "Lugardism, UN Imperialism and the Prospect of African Power". February 18, 2006
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Kennedy767(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
#ENDFULANISKILLING#ORBUHARIRESIGN#WEDONTNEEDU2019
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by trutbetold: 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
Defend yourselves against this blood suckling demons. The youths should mobilized themselves back home, before they'll have no home to return to.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by jaxxy(m): 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I think so too.

So the person is happy seeing defenseless children, women and men being ruthlessly killed?

How wicked can man's heart be

U shud be asking the senate why dey are slient cos Nigerians majorly the masses hv spoken bt influencial ones are num about it. Im even starting to think dey are just phathom tales or over hyped stories by political enemies of the govt. if not why is the senate not talking about it Hv we lost our humanity to the life of others?
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by ola12(m): 11:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:

I admire your write up, I hope you have your PVC ready, come 2019 we must change this abysmal change

#buharimustgo
Do we have to wait for 2019 before we do anything?, do you know if d fulani herdsmen would have wiped out a substantial part of nigeria b4 den?..sometin has to be done ryt nw angry
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by bionixs: 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
horsepower101:

fateless men like soyinka,bakare and the rest are hiding after displaying their true colours,hypocrisy
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by koolaid87: 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
when will the python danced on this terrorist group?

I guess it'll never happen because these suya sellers are racists and a stupid Bigot.

To have imagined that Nnamdi never wielded any Gun, much less killed any soul shows how deep the northerners hate the Igbos.

Fuucck all Northerners

This country would be better without y'll

1 Like

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by preacherz: 12:06am On Jan 03, 2018
PMB addressed the Nation without Mentioning the Farmers/Herdsmen attack

This goes a long way to show PMB told us a BIG FAT LIE when he said "I belong to everybody but belong to no one". He belongs to the Fulanis through and through.

Due to age he struggles to hide this disgracful aspect of Him making it very obvious to Nigerians (not the BMC's Crew) that All animals equall but then some are more Equal than d others.

Its a bloody shame!!!

This is enough to make him lose the coming election not minding his popularity in the North.

It has a name its called Criminal Sillence. Its just a shame.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Bizibi(m): 12:12am On Jan 03, 2018
Enice:
hypocrites, if there's anything like double standard, this is it. Over 21 christians just died in omoku rivers state about 2 days ago, you said nothing about it. Here you are blaming the General for something that has been an issue in the north since God knows when. Ekiti state promulgated a law last year about this issue, you are here blaming the President. God will judge you for your hatred of this country.
mtcheeeew!!!!
There are some amazing human beings on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emefiele: DSS Arrests Godwin Meliga / Ministerial Slot: PDP To Decide Wike’s Fate Monday – Acting Chair / Remi Tinubu: At 60, I’m Too Old To Be Afraid Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.