Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) (41357 Views)

Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies To Atiku: 'Step Down For Me' / MAJA Presidential Candidate, Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies Unveils Agenda / 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:30am On Jan 03, 2018
AiiVee:
well this is a good development. but the main issue is "is she capable of taking on the burden of Nigeria"
She should forget professor stuff now oo.. this aint going to be an easy task. Hard does not even qualify it.
Ruling Nigeria is not a one person's job but everybody's job it is our collective responsibility when all hands are on deck.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by lowaist101: 7:54am On Jan 03, 2018
Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? It Is Not Impossible. It Happened In Liberia. Angela Merkel Is German Chancellor And Relatively The Most Powerful Woman In Europe. Theresa May Is The Prime Minister In Britain. Recently The Two Didn't Have It Rosy. Our Case Is Different In Nigeria With Our High Level Of Religious Bigotry, And The Fact That Religion Has Diluted Our Cultural Orietation With Some Biases; I Doubt If We Can Have A Female President Now. Many Obstacles Against Women In Politics And Majority Will Be Coming From Other Women Themselves. Naturally, Perhaps I May Be Wrong, Women Are Naturally Self Centred And Envious Of One Another. I Wish You Well Madam Prof. I Remember Madam Sarah Jubril. Hope You Will Scale The Primaries Before The General Election. Women Can Do It But This Is Not To Say, They, Only Is The Midas Touch. Our Problem Is Leadership, With The WILL Devoid Of Partisanship And Can Be A Man Or Woman.
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by highbeekeys(m): 7:54am On Jan 03, 2018
FRESHG:
YOU SOUND LIKE ISLAMIC JIHADIST
Were u ejaculating when some fool delved into islamic issues first?
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by vorty: 7:54am On Jan 03, 2018
[Must ethno-religious comments be spilled out frm mouth smelling,idiotic born dumb head children on dis forum?
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by highbeekeys(m): 7:58am On Jan 03, 2018
[quote author=Leonbonapart post=63838705]Ewedu eater goan sit down. Your people hasn't finish serving the fulanis the masters. Goan wait for your husband in the oza room[/

is it impossible for u to make ur opinion known without being tribal? I tire for"sick in d heart" people like u o. the
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by pennywys(m): 8:01am On Jan 03, 2018
NWgraphics:
nyamiri your mama toto
mad man grin grin
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Toscarel: 8:19am On Jan 03, 2018
Come and waste ur money �
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by AiiVee(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Ruling Nigeria is not a one person's job but everybody's job it is our collective responsibility when all hands are on deck.

so then all the problems being encountered by Nigerians since time immemorial is as a result of us not supporting the Govt ni or what?
dont get your point exactly...
we all know that this is a statement we are being told to keeps us in Line, while those in power do otherwise
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by kings09(m): 8:45am On Jan 03, 2018
RichDad1:

Is your conscience picking you ? cheesy
Conscience ke. I just asked innocently. U could be referring to ur family members
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by masterpman: 8:58am On Jan 03, 2018
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/2019-female-professor-declares-presidential-ambition/

this is a good idea i think esthers like u ma in this generation God help u they journey is still strong
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by cyprex: 8:59am On Jan 03, 2018
FRESHG:
YOU SOUND LIKE ISLAMIC JIHADIST

You actually sound like an unbeliever, an instigator and non lover of peace.
Christians are enjoined to pursue peace with vigour and if, possible be at peace with all men
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Leonbonapart(m): 9:02am On Jan 03, 2018
[quote author=highbeekeys post=63846003][/quote]don't be pained at the truth bro
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Rolings: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Ewedu eater goan sit down. Your people hasn't finish serving the fulanis the masters. Goan wait for your husband in the oza room

THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON IGBOS HATE YORUBA ......... WE SET THE PACE AND IT ALWAYS MAKE THEM SAD.......THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A WOMAN FROM IGBOWASTELAND BOLD ENOUGH TO CONTEST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN NIGERIA WHILE YORUBAS HAVE HAD TWO IN THE PAST AND NOW THIS WOMAN.........NOT JUST ANY WOMAN BUT PROFESSORS .......

IPOD Igbos GET THIS

YORUBAS ARE YOUR SUPERIOR IN EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE AND WILL ALWAYS BE .

REASON THERE IS SO MUCH HATRED FROM THE EAST TOWARDS PMB AND APC IS JUST BECAUSE IT WAS THE YORUBAS THAT MADE PMB PRESIDENCY POSSIBLE AND APC GOT POWER AT THE CENTRE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE TRAITORS FROM THE EAST.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Leonbonapart(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2018
GoldNiagara:

Ugwu eater don't give yaself high blood pressure! She will contest and if you don't like go and hug the closest transformer!
she will contenst of course. Your little coward energy will go behind her, when you already know the end from the beginning. One of yours has already betrayed Nigeria and his God already because of power
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by olawaletimi(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2018
If She is president, what will the office of her husband called?
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Leonbonapart(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2018
wellmax:

Your generation will NEVER produce a professor.
you are swearing the wrong curse upon yourself. Mine has rise above professors. I pray for yours to get there. AMEN
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Leonbonapart(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2018
Rolings:

THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON IGBOS HATE YORUBA ......... WE SET THE PACE AND IT ALWAYS MAKE THEM SAD.......THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A WOMAN FROM IGBOWASTELAND BOLD ENOUGH TO CONTEST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN NIGERIA WHILE YORUBAS HAVE HAD TWO IN THE PAST AND NOW THIS WOMAN.........NOT JUST ANY WOMAN BUT PROFESSORS .......

IPOD Igbos GET THIS

YORUBAS ARE YOUR SUPERIOR IN EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE AND WILL ALWAYS BE .

REASON THERE IS SO MUCH HATRED FROM THE EAST TOWARDS PMB AND APC IS JUST BECAUSE IT WAS THE YORUBAS THAT MADE PMB PRESIDENCY POSSIBLE AND APC GOT POWER AT THE CENTRE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE TRAITORS FROM THE EAST.

trash, trash and trash. In all aspects right? Let's go head to head Mr superior. Betrayals of a nation and servants to fulanis that's what y'all are know for.

Yoruba is the major problem of Nigeria
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:24am On Jan 03, 2018
AiiVee:

so then all the problems being encountered by Nigerians since time immemorial is as a result of us not supporting the Govt ni or what?
dont get your point exactly...
we all know that this is a statement we are being told to keeps us in Line, while those in power do otherwise
You don't get it I said governance is a collective responsibility because it is a democracy and everyone is a part of the process.If you ask me Nigerians are part of the reason the country is a mess up because the leaders come from the followers and Nigerians can sell heir votes,don't speak true to power,support based on ethnic and religious reasons,youths assist politicians in rigging elections and so much more so it is safe to say Nigerians are a part of the problem.I never said we should support a bad government all I said was that if this country is to move forward we all have a role to play either by our civic responsibilities or voting in an election e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by AreaFada2: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
very true I believe if women want to support their own they can and that person may likely win but please allow me to quote Trump "the system is rigged".

My dear, sorry I have to quote Trump here too. The bolded is "fake news". cheesy grin grin tongue tongue
Joke aside if women overwhelmingly vote one way or another it would be difficult to offset.
But there are parts of 9ja where women are directed by their hubby who to vote for.

We know that in some places, women do not even see their PVCs or ballot boxes. Their PVCs are used by others to vote. shocked shocked

So yes you have a point.
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by salesforce: 10:42am On Jan 03, 2018
Gud
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by smulti(m): 10:47am On Jan 03, 2018
mustafa006:
people like you are the part of Nigeria's problem
but he is absolutely right .
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2018
AreaFada2:

My dear, sorry I have quote Trump here too. The bolded is "fake news". cheesy grin grin tongue tongue
Joke aside if women overwhelmingly vote one way or another it would be difficult to offset.
But there are parts of 9ja where women are directed by their hubby who to vote for.

We know that in some places, women do not even see their PVCs or ballot boxes. Their PVCs are used by others to vote. shocked shocked

So yes you have a point.
You are right but I thought it is you and your ballot box so who would see you,except if you show it to them either way you are very correct if Nigerian women are ready they can do it.
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by smulti(m): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2018
olawaletimi:
If She is president, what will the office of her husband called?

First Gentleman gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by DeRay98(m): 11:03am On Jan 03, 2018
Oche211:
I would have taken Prof. DORA AKUNYILI as the best choice.
You can always see the zeal, passion, patriotism and Love she has for this country.
Bt then, death is very wicked.

Absolutely, she was a complete package of integrity, patriotism, passion and commitment. Lots of Nig wonen in politics are of same breed as their male counterparts if not worse. It's not a matter of being but a female with integrity that can truly make the difference.
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by Idecievedyou(m): 11:14am On Jan 03, 2018
let's pray
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by fapcrook(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2018
FRESHG:
MUSLIMS WILL NOT VOTE FOR HER BECAUSE THEY SEE WOMEN IN GENERAL AS UNCLEAN ANIMALS sad
Onisokuso in e
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by auwalyau: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
FRESHG:
MUSLIMS WILL NOT VOTE FOR HER BECAUSE THEY SEE WOMEN IN GENERAL AS UNCLEAN ANIMALS sad

WOMAN IN ISLAM

In the midst of the darkness that engulfed the world, the divine revelation echoed in the wide desert of Arabia with a fresh, noble, and universal message to humanity:

"O Mankind, keep your duty to your Lord who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate (of same kind) and from them twain has spread a multitude of men and women...". [Noble Quran 4:1]

A scholar who pondered about this verse states: "It is believed that there is no text, old or new, that deals with the humanity of the woman from all aspects with such amazing brevity, eloquence, depth, and originality as this divine decree."

Stressing this noble and natural conception, them Quran states:

"He (God) it is who did create you from a single soul and therefrom did create his mate, that he might dwell with her (in love)..." [Noble Quran 7:189]

"The Creator of heavens and earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves" [Noble Quran 42:11]

"And Allah has given you mates of your own nature, and has given you from your mates, children and grandchildren, and has made provision of good things for you. Is it then in vanity that they believe and in the grace of God that they disbelieve?" [Noble Quran 16:72]

The rest of this paper outlines the position of Islam regarding the status of woman in society from its various aspects - spiritually, socially, economically and politically.

1. The Spiritual Aspect

The Quran provides clear-cut evidence that woman is completely equated with man in the sight of God in terms of her rights and responsibilities. The Quran states:

"Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds" [Noble Quran 74:38]

The Social Aspect

a) As a child and an adolescent

Despite the social acceptance of female infanticide among some Arabian tribes, the Quran forbade this custom, and considered it a crime like any other murder.

"And when the female (infant) buried alive - is questioned, for what crime she was killed." [Noble Quran 81:8-9]

Criticizing the attitudes of such parents who reject their female children, the Quran states:

"When news is brought to one of them, of (the Birth of) a female (child), his face darkens and he is filled with inward grief! With shame does he hide himself from his people because of the bad news he has had! Shall he retain her on (sufferance) and contempt, or bury her in the dust? Ah! What an evil (choice) they decide on?" [Noble Quran 16:58-59]

As a wife:

The Quran clearly indicates that marriage is sharing between the two halves of the society, and that its objectives, besides perpetuating human life, are emotional well-being and spiritual harmony. Its bases are love and mercy.

Among the most impressive verses in the Quran about marriage is the following.

"And among His signs is this: That He created mates for you from yourselves that you may find rest, peace of mind in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Lo, herein indeed are signs for people who reflect." [Noble Quran 30:21]

According to Islamic Law, women cannot be forced to marry anyone without their consent.

Ibn 'Abbas reported that a girl came to the Messenger of God, Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), and she reported that her father had forced her to marry without her consent. The Messenger of God gave her the choice... (between accepting the marriage or invalidating it). [Ibn Hanbal No. 2469]

As a mother:

Islam considered kindness to parents next to the worship of God.

"And we have enjoined upon man (to be good) to his parents: His mother bears him in weakness upon weakness..." [Noble Quran 31:14] [See also Quran 46:15, 29:8]

Moreover, the Quran has a special recommendation for the good treatment of mothers:

"Your Lord has decreed that you worship none save Him, and that you be kind to your parents..." [Noble Quran 17:23]

A man came to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) asking:

O Messenger of God, who among the people is the most worthy of my good company? The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, Your mother. The man said then who else: The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, Your mother. The man asked, Then who else? The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, Your mother. The man asked, Then who else? Only then did the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) say, Your father. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

A famous saying of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is: "Paradise is at the feet of mothers." [In An-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad]

"It is the generous (in character) who is good to women, and it is the wicked who insults them."

Economic Rights of women

Islam decreed a right of which woman was deprived both before Islam and after it (even as late as this century), the right of independent ownership. According to Islamic Law, woman's right to her money, real estate, or other properties is fully acknowledged. This right undergoes no change whether she is single or married. She retains her full rights to buy, sell, mortgage or lease any or all her properties. It is nowhere suggested in the Law that a woman is a minor simply because she is a female. It is also noteworthy that such right applies to her properties before marriage as well as to whatever she acquires thereafter.

"Unto men (of the family) belongs a share of that which Parents and near kindred leave, and unto women a share of that which parents and near kindred leave, whether it be a little or much - a determinate share." [Noble Quran 4:7]

Even with such deviations three facts are worth mentioning:

The history of Muslims is rich with women of great achievements in all walks of life from as early as the seventh century (A.D.)

It is impossible for anyone to justify any mistreatment of woman by any decree of rule embodied in the Islamic Law, nor could anyone dare to cancel, reduce, or distort the clear-cut legal rights of women given in Islamic Law.

Throughout history, the reputation, chastity and maternal role of Muslim women were objects of admiration by impartial observers.
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by GoldNiagara(m): 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2018
Leonbonapart:
she will contenst of course. Your little coward energy will go behind her, when you already know the end from the beginning. One of yours has already betrayed Nigeria and his God already because of power

Operation Python dance has shown beyond any shred of doubt the coward tribe in Nigeria. I need not add to that.

Now to address that part of your post that has a bi ewwwt of pseudo sense. I dont have to queue behind but I appreciate her boldness, resolve and aspirations, and all women in your potopoto region do not have the spunk to take this giant stride.
Re: Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) by GoldNiagara(m): 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2018
Leonbonapart:

Operation Python dance has shown beyond any shred of doubt the coward tribe in Nigeria. I need not add to that.

Now to address that part of your post that has a bit of pseudo sense. I dont have to queue behind her, and she does not have to even win.She is becomes part of the process and that is sufficient. I appreciate her boldness, resolve and aspirations, and all women in your potopoto region do not have the spunk to take this giant stride.

Now go crazy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boniface Igbeneghu: Bukola Saraki Reacts To UNILAG Lecturer's Sex Scandal / Nnamdi Kanu Ordered The Assassination Of Anthony Nwoko - Asari Dokubo / 2023 Enugu Governorship Election Results From Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.