Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport (7920 Views)

Fraudster Arrested At Lagos Domestic Airport-mm2 Today (Photos) / Woman Bites Off , Swallows Neighbour’s Tip (Pictured) / 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by bkbabe97: 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2010
@ EZEUCHE: U HAD UR ARSENAL READY, hUH? uR sad she aint Yourba?! Good!! Did u notice tho that all the male drug couriers were Ibos?!! Money hungry monkeys! I guess kidnapping and human sacrifices aint paying as much as they once used to!!!
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by B3sty(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2010
I once say that woman selling drugs in ojota
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by olaitan009: 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2010
I wonder why?didn't she knew dt her life + d fetus are in danger all b'cos a man refuses his responsibilities(Q) will d man b'cos of these accept his responsibility(Q)wht story will she tell d child,if possible she gave birth in d perison, This is nothing bt short thinking
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by Jizzy(m): 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]na wa o wetin no go happen 4naija
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by xcapade: 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2010
Princek12:

For all of you who are ranting about how wicked and nefarious this woman is to her baby, you guys are not in the position to know the situation through which this woman  is going, and it is reasonable to say that the situation through which she was going obviously led to her desperate attempt at swallowing the cocaine. It may be said, perhaps, that she swallowed it out of her affection towards her expectant baby, for it is plausible that she swallowed the cocaine in an attempt to make money that would be used to take care for her expectant child.

I know it may sound hollow, but the circumstances which can prompt a pregnant woman to risk her unborn child's life--swallowing cocaine--might be dire circumstances which many of us on this thread may not understand, especially some of us who are typing under the comforts of our home and amid the abundance of food. We all know that financial constraints, hunger, stress, and possibly duress may have led this otherwise innocent woman to engage in this supposedly nefarious act towards an unborn child. "Judge that ye shall not be judged."

FYI: I am in no way sanctioning this behavior, but there are always two sides to every story, and there are circumstances that which many of us all will not understand, especially when we have not even talked to the woman to get a feel for her state of mind and condition.
SO THOSE PREGNANT WOMAN WASHING FEET AND HELPIN PPLE CARRY THEIR SHOPPING IN THE MARKET JUST TO MAKE A LIVING ARE ALL FOOLS ABI.
I DONT THINK SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN APPROACHED IF WAS REALLY SUFFERING AS U WANT US TO BELIEVE.
JUST TAKE A VISIT TO THE MARKETS AND SEE PPLE TOILING IN THE HEAT JUST TO MAKE ENDS MEET-SOME OF THEM PREGNANT WOMEN WITH THEIR CHILDREN CRYING ON THEIR BACKS.
MOST OF THESE TRAFFICKERS DO IT because THEY KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE MONEY AS A TRAFFICKER AND ASK TO BE LINKED WITH BARONS OR THEIR AGENTS OUT OF GREED.
JUST IMAGINE ONE OF THE PACKAGES BURSTING IN HER STOMACH.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by waterworks(f): 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2010
Esohe who hails from Benin City, Edo State
BENIN AGAIN? WHY OH WHY??
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by mrkoma2012: 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2010
Serves them rite,there is no justification at all for indulgining in any criminal activity
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by pristjones(m): 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2010
guys u know wat? these unfortunate people that are caught are just the sacrificial lambs for the mega peddlers. they divert the attention of the NDLEA to those with small qntity to make safe those with larger quantity so drug peddling can never stop. but for the pregnant woman, that was unfair to her own blood. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2010
@princek12
i UNDERSTAND why she did it, i understand why some women do prostitution, i understand why some people do yahoo yahoo/419, i understand why some young uni gals are dating guys that are as old as their grand-daddy BUT I DONT HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT!.

its called greed and the need for quick easy money. what would YOU rather do?! have an abortion and be free or courier drugs and probably loose your freedom for the next 4/7yrs?!(and your baby!!!)

i know what my choices would have been. you are talking as if being pregnant is an obligation.

i dont have to talk to her to understand that she is an idiot! i wasnt in her shoes but i have a brain to realize that this was a big mistake and that the choices she made were wrong.

but please since you seem to understand her situation more than us, why dont you tell us what would be the RIGHT reasons to do what she did? (you seem to think that there is one)
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by pristjones(m): 8:06pm On Apr 08, 2010
For all of you who are ranting about how wicked and nefarious this woman is to her baby, you guys are not in the position to know the situation through which this woman  is going, and it is reasonable to say that the situation through which she was going obviously led to her desperate attempt at swallowing the cocaine. It may be said, perhaps, that she swallowed it out of her affection towards her expectant baby, for it is plausible that she swallowed the cocaine in an attempt to make money that would be used to take care for her expectant child.

I know it may sound hollow, but the circumstances which can prompt a pregnant woman to risk her unborn child's life--swallowing cocaine--might be dire circumstances which many of us on this thread may not understand, especially some of us who are typing under the comforts of our home and amid the abundance of food. We all know that financial constraints, hunger, stress, and possibly duress may have led this otherwise innocent woman to engage in this supposedly nefarious act towards an unborn child. "Judge that ye shall not be judged."

FYI: I am in no way sanctioning this behavior, but there are always two sides to every story, and there are circumstances that which many of us all will not understand, especially when we have not even talked to the woman to get a feel for her state of mind and condition.

i like your stand on this. u are a gud tinka
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by ladyju(f): 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2010
Na real waooo.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by tunde1200(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2010
were do we live in life echos in eternity
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by megchi: 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2010
Excuses my foot!she did not consider her unborn child becos they are a million and one honest things she can do to take care of herself and her baby, no matter how small.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by r231(m): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2010
I dont know what to say … very bad, imagine pregnant woman
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by IbrahimB: 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2010
pristjones:

It may be said, perhaps, that she swallowed it out of her affection towards her expectant baby, for it is plausible that she swallowed the cocaine in an attempt to make money that would be used to take care for her expectant child.

Yeah. She might have done the deed out of her profound love for her unborn child. However, it doesn't exonerate her from the charge of selfishness (to put it mildly) - for in saving the life of her baby she's endangering the lives of many others.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 09, 2010
^^^^^this is not an excuse because if you look at it that way then we should all agree that arm robbers are doing what they do for a good cause(whatever it may be: hunger, homelessness,baby on the way etc) and therefore accept that what they do is ok!!!!!

as you said, "out of the profound love for her unborn child" she should have had an abortion. there is NO reason to bring a child into this world if you aint READY for all the emotional/financial/physical burden that comes with having a baby!

what an irony!!!! transporting/selling drugs and in the same process possibly killing hundreds, if not thousands, of kids so that she can take care of the ONE child that she hasnt got yet!
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by milicous(f): 9:39am On Apr 09, 2010
why publish it anyway,dis kind of stuff on d internet.its gud to share but u neva no.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by dupsytosh(f): 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2010
For all of you who are ranting about how wicked and nefarious this woman is to her baby, you guys are not in the position to know the situation through which this woman is going, and it is reasonable to say that the situation through which she was going obviously led to her desperate attempt at swallowing the cocaine. It may be said, perhaps, that she swallowed it out of her affection towards her expectant baby, for it is plausible that she swallowed the cocaine in an attempt to make money that would be used to take care for her expectant child.

If u think she's justified cos of d her circumstance, dat means armed robbers 2 are justified , cos most of dem turned 2 robbery cos of their "circumstance".

Like robbers, she took d easy way out.

I've seen ppl who dint av anytn nd no parents do odd jobs like farming or going 2 d market 2 carry load 4 money nd 2day their stories av changed. am nt sayn she shuld, bt dat culd be d worst she culd do. There are many tins u can do if u r hard workn,patient nd nt greedy.

So endangering d life of her unborn baby is her own way of showin love. shudder at wat she wuld av done if she hated d baby.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by jivelissie: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
mallorca:

is she not better than those beast that slaughter innocent children in Jos? all of you should just shut up with €12,000 she will be out in 6 working days.
BULLSHIT, you want to know if she is better than those in Jos? no she not she's about to murder her unborn child because of greed (not to talk of the other consequences of the drugs being smuggled). Let that sink in your medulla honey :-)
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by jivelissie: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
pristjones:

For all of you who are ranting about how wicked and nefarious this woman is to her baby, you guys are not in the position to know the situation through which this woman  is going, and it is reasonable to say that the situation through which she was going obviously led to her desperate attempt at swallowing the cocaine. It may be said, perhaps, that she swallowed it out of her affection towards her expectant baby, for it is plausible that she swallowed the cocaine in an attempt to make money that would be used to take care for her expectant child.

i like your stand on this. u are a gud tinka
Ride on pastor, every criminal alway have a two-sided story if taken into consideration there will be no prison and more criminals.

As for that phrase about affection toward her unborn  child WTF have you been drinking? Affection my backside!!!

The only acceptable/ reasonable excuse she can give or that should be considered is if she was under duress.

FYI, not everyone posting here has lives a luxurious life. Some of us will rather die struggling than put drugs on an unborn child *spat*
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by MsTom(f): 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2010
She is such a wicked selfish woman. Money over the health of her unborn child? that is just plain wicked. She should not have been pregnant in the first instance or just wait till after the birth if she knew she was going to do this.

Princek12:

For all of you who are ranting about how wicked and nefarious this woman is to her baby, you guys are not in the position to know the situation through which this woman is going, and it is reasonable to say that the situation through which she was going obviously led to her desperate attempt at swallowing the cocaine. It may be said, perhaps, that she swallowed it out of her affection towards her expectant baby, for it is plausible that she swallowed the cocaine in an attempt to make money that would be used to take care for her expectant child.

Are you for real?! Like it is ok for an armed man to kill over cash. Or like it is ok for a man to kill for political power? Common now!There is no two sides to anything. That woman swallowed the drug to get money. She was using the pregancy as a cushion to scale thru any security system. It would have been better for her to give up the child for adoption than what she did. If the child dies, she should be taken for murder. Do you know that the child could have developmental problem? Tell me, how much money is going to console her for that? she is just plain selfish and wicked and was using the unborn child.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by Princek12(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2010
My comments apparently ticked off some people, and I do understand why, for a child is involved in the situation. With the analogy to a thief, a thief who steals from another knowingly and intentionally  endangers the life of another, which is an intolerable act. The lady here, on the other hand, may not even know that she was endangering the life of her expectant child, and may therefore lack the requisite intent to be the malicious person to which she has been referred. Considering her level of intelligence and education, the drug lords who employed her may have misinformed her as to the dangers of swallowing cocaine on her child.

Also, she may have been homeless, dead-broke, and was in a wavering frame of mind, making her highly vulnerable to the deceptions of drug lords, many of whom prey on  susceptible victims and often threaten deadly force on the prospective drug courier and her family if the would-be drug courier refuses to transport the drugs for them.
It is a dirty business, and as such, there are two sides to every story.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by bobokelly(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2010
This is not poverty, it pure greed, i only pity the unborn baby, so desperate oh my God
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by sley4life(m): 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2010
the woman must be too desperate
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by jokingmary(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2010
you mean a lady pregenant woman could afford to take 27 wraps off cocaine? shocked
wonders shall never end sad
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by chiejik(f): 5:39am On Apr 10, 2010
Im surprised at this lades behavour God forbide
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by SwtzMinx(f): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2010
. .*shakin head*. . .

. .*sPeEcHLesS*. . .

.she wantz m0ney to take care of her unb0rn child. *sigh*
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by denony(m): 10:40am On Apr 10, 2010
Its a pity cry
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by xyzparrot: 11:29am On Apr 10, 2010
But one thing me i dey ask be say we dey produce those things for naija ? How dem take dey enter naija ? We no dey read say na so dem catch who dey bring those things enter naija.WHY-cos that is the job of the so called duds in nigeria.Na small fish dem dey fit catch.If NDLEA strong make dem go catch lion for head.Dem catch four pple ten pass the same route enter plane.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2010
xyzparrot:

But one thing me i dey ask be say we dey produce those things for naija ? How dem take dey enter naija ? We no dey read say na so dem catch who dey bring those things enter naija.WHY-cos that is the job of the so called duds in nigeria.Na small fish dem dey fit catch.If NDLEA strong make dem go catch lion for head.Dem catch four pple ten pass the same route enter plane.

you are absolutely right!!!!
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by bluebunnie(f): 12:40am On Apr 11, 2010
na wa oh! ds is rather bizarre. a preg woman ingesting hard drugs,mehn dats d height of it.
Re: Pregnant Woman Swallows Cocaine, Arrested At Lagos Airport by bluebunnie(f): 1:00am On Apr 11, 2010
Princek12:

My comments apparently ticked off some people, and I do understand why, for a child is involved in the situation. With the analogy to a thief, a thief who steals from another knowingly and intentionally endangers the life of another, which is an intolerable act. The lady here, on the other hand, may not even know that she was endangering the life of her expectant child, and may therefore lack the requisite intent to be the malicious person to which she has been referred. Considering her level of intelligence and education, the drug lords who employed her may have misinformed her as to the dangers of swallowing cocaine on her child.

Also, she may have been homeless, dead-broke, and was in a wavering frame of mind, making her highly vulnerable to the deceptions of drug lords, many of whom prey on susceptible victims and often threaten deadly force on the prospective drug courier and her family if the would-be drug courier refuses to transport the drugs for them.
It is a dirty business, and as such, there are two sides to every story.

There is no excuse for sin. Nothing, no matter the situation, justifies it. She commited an abominable thing. Gawd!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASEMA Is Holding An Accident Drill On Third Mainland Bridge (video) / See What Armed Robbers Did To Girls Who Were Not Wearing Pants / Why Are Lawyer's Buried Face Down Instead Of Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.