Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF (776 Views)

COVID-19: 2 More Deaths And 20 New Cases, Total Now 210 (NCDC) / 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF / Over 20,200 Babies Born In Nigeria On New Year Day- UNICEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by actiondrilling: 2:07am On Jan 03, 2018
Approximately 20,210 babies were born in Nigeria, on January 1, 2018, according to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said.

This represents the third largest population of newborns in the world on New Year day.

UNICEF also said nearly 386,000 babies were born worldwide, same day on New Year day.

The agency reported that Kiribati’s Christmas Island, in the Pacific, welcomes 2018’s first baby while the United States of America, its last.

Globally, over half of these births are estimated to take place in nine countries, according to UNICEF.

These are: India, 69,070; China, 44,760; Nigeria, 20,210; Pakistan, 14,910; Indonesia, 13,370; United States, 11,280; Democratic Republic of Congo, 9,400; Ethiopia, 9,020 and Bangladesh, 8,370.

While many babies would survive, some would not make it past their first day, UNICEF also said.

UNICEF’s Chief of Health, Stefan Peterson, said on Monday that the agency is challenging nations around the world to make sure more newborns survive their first days of life.

“This new year, UNICEF’s resolution is to help give every child more than an hour, more than a day, more than a month – more than survival,” Peterson said.

The UN agency said in 2016, an estimated 2,600 children died within the first 24 hours every day of the year.

UNICEF added that for almost two million newborns, their first week was also their last.

In all, 2.6 million children died before the end of their first month, the global children’s agency disclosed.

The agency also said more than 80 per cent of the children died from preventable and treatable causes such as premature birth, complications during delivery and infections like sepsis and pneumonia.

“We call on governments and partners to join the fight to save millions of children’s lives by providing proven, low-cost solutions.”

Over the past two decades, the world has seen unprecedented progress in child survival, halving the number of children worldwide who die before their fifth birthday to 5.6 million, in 2016.

In spite of these advances, there has been slower progress for newborns, UNICEF noted and added babies dying in the first month account for 46 per cent of all deaths among children under five.

In February 2018, UNICEF would launch ‘Every Child Alive,’ a global campaign to demand and deliver affordable, quality healthcare solutions for every mother and newborn.

These include a steady supply of clean water and electricity at health facilities, the presence of a skilled health attendant during birth, disinfecting the umbilical cord, breastfeeding within the first hour after birth, and skin-to-skin contact between the mother and child.

“We are now entering the era when all the world’s newborns should have the opportunity to see the 22nd century,” Peterson added.

Unfortunately, nearly half of the children born this year likely will not, the UNICEF official regretted.

“A child born in Sweden in January 2018 is most likely to live to 2100, while a child from Somalia would be unlikely to live beyond 2075,” he lamented.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/01/20210-babies-born-in-nigeria-on-jan-1.html

Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by Nwodosis(m): 2:08am On Jan 03, 2018
Our men are working hard in baby production, the credit goes to Buhari as this is the effect of idling at home due to massive job losses and no job creation!
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by emmie14: 2:19am On Jan 03, 2018
UNISEF and APC are serial liars. How did the come about this figures. Nigeria like some other countries mentioned doesn't have adequate birth registration what is approximate in child birth ?
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by Caseless: 2:24am On Jan 03, 2018
Naija, we de vex. Which way please? We too de fvck. In one day? Haba!

So on average, we will add 7,376650 to our population this year? Akwai matsalla.
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by fergie001: 2:29am On Jan 03, 2018
Caseless:
Naija, we de vex. Which way please? We too de fvck. In one day? Haba!
You no well ooooooo
You no know say frustrations follow add? shocked grin

Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by Caseless: 2:30am On Jan 03, 2018
emmie14:
UNISEF and APC are serial liars. How did the come about this figures. Nigeria like some other countries mentioned doesn't have adequate birth registration what is approximate in child birth ?
what is he saying?
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by Caseless: 2:37am On Jan 03, 2018
fergie001:

You no well ooooooo
You no know say frustrations follow add? shocked grin
grin
When frustration strike, you fvck to make babies to increase the frustration- Nigerians(January 1st, 2018).
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by fergie001: 2:45am On Jan 03, 2018
Caseless:
grin
When frustration strike, you fvck to make babies to increase the frustration- Nigerians(January 1st, 2018).

Hahahahaha
My days at UI used to have a friend who was married,anytime his supervisor offend am,na e wife dey suffer am.
During our little amebo-tinx,he will tell me that once he gets home frustrated,for night he pours all his venom on his wife's body,used to laugh and cry then,so no too blame Nigerian men,abeg...
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by plainol(m): 2:54am On Jan 03, 2018
Recession doesn't affect that one.

But seriously, why are we not meticulous in planning. Someone with 3 children will still be at ming at a 4th child, must they be that much? Isn't 2 enough?
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by plainol(m): 2:54am On Jan 03, 2018
Recession doesn't affect that one.

But seriously, why are we not meticulous in planning. Someone with 3 children will still be aiming at a 4th, must they be that much? Isn't 2 enough?
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by fyneguy: 3:00am On Jan 03, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked na wa o
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by Caseless: 3:26am On Jan 03, 2018
fergie001:

Hahahahaha
My days at UI used to have a friend who was married,anytime his supervisor offend am,na e wife dey suffer am.
During our little amebo-tinx,he will tell me that once he gets home frustrated,for night he pours all his venom on his wife's body,used to laugh and cry then,so no too blame Nigerian men,abeg...

grin grin

If you don't drink, smoke , do drugs, once you're frustrated, you use sex to find happiness.

When I was in school, any nonsense from my department to frustrate me was met by a "sexual resistance"; I practically used sex to escape the frustration and the resultant pain( God forgive me).

If you're unemployed and not criminally minded, you get enshrouded in konji - you think of sex. But if you're, you think of other vises to indulge in.
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by fergie001: 3:29am On Jan 03, 2018
Caseless:

grin grin

If you don't drink, smoke , do drugs, once you're frustrated, you use sex to find happiness.

When I was in school, any nonsense from my department to frustrate me was met by a "sexual resistance"; I practically used sex to escape the frustration and the resultant pain( God forgive me).

If you're unemployed and not criminally minded, you get enshrouded in konji - you think of sex. But if you're, you think of other vises to indulge in.

So you follow for guys wey knack tinx for school abi?
Badoo.......SARS come oooooooo

Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by Caseless: 3:31am On Jan 03, 2018
fergie001:

So you follow for guys wey knack tinx for school abi?
Badoo.......SARS come oooooooo
I no fit lie. Na the only thing wey give us succor then. Na final year I even get time for that one. grin
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by fergie001: 3:35am On Jan 03, 2018
Caseless:
I no fit lie. Na the only thing wey give us succor then. Na final year I even get time for that one. grin

Person wey no spoil for school and nysc,
Na free person...

I no kuku spoil sha lipsrsealed
Re: 20,210 Babies Born In Nigeria On Jan 1 –UNICEF by emmie14: 4:53am On Jan 03, 2018
Caseless:
what is he saying?
I know you're not sleeping because APC is mentioned Yes APC government and members are proven serial liars same as UNICEF.....

(1) (Reply)

End Drug Abuse Now - A Poem By Blacq2009 / 6 Effective Penis Exercises To Stop PE And Strengthen Erections / Doctor Said My White Blood Cell Has Increased

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.