Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,987 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study (1034 Views)

Unilag Industrial Mathematics Or Lasu Computer Science / What Can I Do With Industrial Mathematics Degree In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between Industrial Mathematics And Pure Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study by dauddy97(m): 10:40am On Jan 03, 2018
Good day everyone in the building. I applied for computer science but,i was offered mathematics to study. I have accepted the offer but need advice frm those who studied maths or are into the course presently. What does it takes to be mathematician? Apart frm lecturing,where can i work with the certificate? What can i do to be the best if i continue with it?. Pls,kindly come to my aid all nairalanders. Cc seun, lalasticlala , fynestboi Richiez help to front page.
Re: I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study by 9jaPromo(f): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2018
Study it nah cry
Re: I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study by GavelSlam: 11:22am On Jan 03, 2018
[b]Mathematics is a science based course that has a wide range of applications.

Everywhere in the world Nigeria inclusive most mathematicians need to retrain or add another set of skills as they forge a career.

From computing to Aerospace, engineering name it you would find an application for your discipline.

For now, I would advise you see yourself as a computer scientist.

Find an area that You enjoy in computer science -programming, Shell Scripting , database administration etc. All these things may sound like gibberish for now, but if you are really a self-starter you would excel.

Take computing as a hobby and an obsession. Look for online platforms and repositories, there are so many.

In the modern age, you need these skillsets.

Please do your best to make a 2:1 at the very least. It would make things easier for you in the long run.

Make quality friends, the type you can bounce ideas off and not only to smoke weed or attend fellowship with.

Know your course and take every topic serious.
Again use online aids.

Mathematics is a natural but applied science.

Embrace it.
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study by dauddy97(m): 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2018
@gavelslam, thanks for your aid towards my question. Lalasticlala help to front page for more advice

1 Like

Re: I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study by dauddy97(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
Also,what are the top textbooks i need as an industrial mathematics student
Re: I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study by dauddy97(m): 7:58am On Jan 07, 2018
Lalasticlala help to f.p Appliedmaths MrCalculus Izik4u 1forall come and help
Re: I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study by dauddy97(m): 8:42am On Jan 26, 2018
Richiez Lalasticlala pls help to front page, admission closes today. God bless
Re: I Was Given Industrial Mathematics To Study by dauddy97(m): 6:18pm On May 11, 2018
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Pass JAMB 2018? Is It Possible For Me To Score Above 300 In JAMB 2018? / Pls Help! Political Science In FUOYE / 2018 Delta State Bursary And Scholarship For Undergraduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.