Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

What The Bible Says About Prophecy(well Explained) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Prophecy(well Explained) (330 Views)

What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About Prophecy(well Explained) by einsteinclub: 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
PROPHECY EXPLAINED
1 Corinth 14:3
But the person who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding, encouragement, and comfort.
Rev 19:10
I bowed down at his feet to worship him, but he told me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who rely on what Jesus is saying. Worship God, because what Jesus is saying is the spirit of prophecy!”
Hebrews 1:1-2
God, having spoken in former times in fragmentary and varied fashion to our forefathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by a Son whom he appointed to be the heir of everything and through whom he also made the universe.
Do I really need to say anything else? Aren't these passages of scripture above self explanatory?
It's that time of the year again when 'prophesies' or should I say ‘predictions' are all over the media. Question is, "must you prophesy?" Who is putting you under pressure to say something? My dear GO, GS, or SP, do you think that if you don’t say anything, your members will doubt your calling?
And if you must prophesy, do you understand what prophecy is, according to the New Testament which we are now? Prophecy must seek to accomplish three things as we can see from the first scripture above : to build up, to encourage and to comfort the church. I hear people ‘prophesy’ to unbelievers. Some prophesy to government officials who don’t Know God. Really? What they need is the gospel. That’s the only prophecy they should hear. Tell them what Jesus has accomplished for them on the cross. Tell them their sins are forgiven by the blood of Jesus. Tell them God has been reconciled to them through the death of His son. And when they receive His forgiveness and believe on His son, they are saved eternally from the wrath to come.
Please let’s stop all these nonsense we call prophesies. “This one will die. That one will get accident. The other one will almost be assassinated. The price of this will go up. The value of that will depreciate”. Can you please shut up already? What do you stand to gain from telling people “I said so”, “Didn’t I warn you”, “Check my earlier posts, I said it” And so freaking what? Who e don epp?
Do you want to prophesy? Find out what Jesus is saying. Because what He is saying (Rev 19:10) is what He has said (Hebrews 1:1-2). Build yourselves up, strengthen, encourage and comfort people with what He has said.
If you saw a vision that someone will die, pray for him to live or to get saved. If he is a ruler, pray that God will touch his heart. It’s called intercession. If God still chooses to allow him die, don’t go about taking responsibility for what you didn’t do.
By the way, no Prophet of old ever saw the complete picture. They saw fragments. They foretold fragments. But all the fragments put together form the complete picture and it’s called CHRIST. Let’s leave that for another day.
Can I prophesy to you? Can I do what I was born to do? This year 2018, you will never walk alone, For He has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you” So you can boldy, openly and loudly say, “The Lord God is my helper. I shall not fear what man can do to me”. Can you say Amen already?
Re: What The Bible Says About Prophecy(well Explained) by einsteinclub: 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2018
What are your take on this

Please lalasticalala
And the admins in the is forum...... Please it should be in the front page it deserves to be in the front page.

(1) (Reply)

Raw Nerves / Why God Uses Your Experience To Promote You(2018 Message) / Quiet My Heart, Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.