Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Israel Offers To Pay African Migrants To Leave Or Get Jailed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Offers To Pay African Migrants To Leave Or Get Jailed (637 Views)

Get Jailed If Any NURTW Tries Rubbish - Gov. Seyi Makinde / Presidency Offers To Give Atiku Phone Number Of Buhari / Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Israel Offers To Pay African Migrants To Leave Or Get Jailed by Lumig: 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
The Israeli government has issued a notice for thousands of African migrants to leave the country or face imprisonment.
Israel said on Wednesday that it would pay thousands of Africa migrants living illegally in the country to leave, threatening them with jail if they are caught after the end of March.
Each migrant will be given up to $3,500 (about N1.2 million) to leave within the next 90 days. They will also be given the option of going to their home countries or third countries.
If they do not leave, the Israeli authorities have threatened that they will start jailing them from April.
A spokesperson for Israel’s Population and Immigration Authority told the BBC that there were currently 38,000 “infiltrators” in Israel, of whom just 1,420 were being held in detention facilities.
“Beyond the end of March, those who leave voluntarily will receive a significantly smaller payment that will shrink even more with time, and enforcement measures will begin,” the official said.
Israel uses the term “infiltrators” to describe people who did not enter the country through an official border crossing.
Many of the migrants who are mostly from Eritrea and Sudan say they came to Israel to seek asylum after fleeing persecution and conflict, but the authorities regard them as economic migrants.
The United Nations refugee agency said the controversial plan violated international and Israeli laws.The Israeli government says their return will be humane and “voluntary”.
And the order exempts children, elderly people, and victims of slavery and human trafficking.
Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, claimed that an unchecked influx of African migrants could threaten Israel’s Jewish character.
“We have expelled about 20,000 and now the mission is to get the rest out,” Mr. Netanyahu said. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/254352-israel-offers-pay-african-migrants-leave-get-jailed.html
Re: Israel Offers To Pay African Migrants To Leave Or Get Jailed by Lumig: 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2018
Can they be blamed? They have their identity to protect
Re: Israel Offers To Pay African Migrants To Leave Or Get Jailed by bedspread: 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2018
GOD BLESS JERUSALEM
GOD BLESS THE USA

AS FOR Those Catigating me for my Love for Isreal ...... I love you all...

But I LOVE GOD MORE
I LOVE GOD'S People more anywhere in the World..
I Love Isreal

(1) (Reply)

Benue Killings: Sack IGP Now, Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Tell Buhari / Benue Killings: We Are Tired Of “one Minute Silence” – By Senator Ekweremadu / Woman And Her Associate Declared Wanted For Fraud, Handsome Reward Involved.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.