Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

A Must Read – Now I Have First Class, What Next ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Must Read – Now I Have First Class, What Next ? (421 Views)

I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd / Nearly First Class: What Class Of Degree Is This? / Now I Have First Class, What Next ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Read – Now I Have First Class, What Next ? by Chocflex: 1:43am On Jan 04, 2018
Online networking is something worth being thankful for! A considerable measure should be possible by means of web-based social networking and on the web and many individuals have been making up for lost time to this tremendous conceivable outcomes of this new media.

Lately, a lady that had or do I say graduated with a first class degree was appealing for a job via Twitter ! She has been jobless for over two years and was contemplating learning tailoring work.
It is alleged that she studied something close to physics or electronics but a science based course and a tech one indeed!
This singular act has shown how we have gone down in education and also how the paradigm have shifted in the Nigerian ecosystem from certificate oriented to value adding labour space.
Today, most employers wouldn’t give a heck about your paper certificates! If you have attended most interviews these days , the most popular questions that owners and founders, start up firms or big firms would ask is ” what can you do if we employ you ” what would you be offering the firm if you are hired ” and ” how can you be of value to this firm if you are hired ” these are the type of questions that are being thrown at you irrespective of your degree or leaning.
No CEO cares about your grades at that time but the growth of the organisation and he isn’t employing you based on sentiment but based in your capabilities as you must have advertised in your resume. I am not saying that grades are not important.
We shouldn’t get it twisted, they are important and they are added value to you but as the narrative is changing, people with better value proposition and hands on experience would have a better chance of securing a job than the dude with fancy grades.
What do you have to say ?

Top Stories Here

https://chocflex..com.ng/2018/01/a-must-read-now-i-have-first-class-what.html?m=1

Re: A Must Read – Now I Have First Class, What Next ? by Chocflex: 1:44am On Jan 04, 2018
seun, cc:lalasticlala
Re: A Must Read – Now I Have First Class, What Next ? by Maj196(m): 5:28am On Jan 04, 2018
Very true... Most students channel all their energy in making a first class without learning other important things. Time has changed now learn a skill and better your life the degree is just a plus.
Re: A Must Read – Now I Have First Class, What Next ? by Qpetz: 10:38am On Jan 04, 2018
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Direct Entry Admission List Is Out / Millions Lost As Fire Destroys Federal Government College Property In Ekiti / 14 Questions To Ask Yourself When You Feel Like You’re Stuck In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.