Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Now I Have First Class, What Next ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Now I Have First Class, What Next ? (915 Views)

I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd / Nearly First Class: What Class Of Degree Is This? / A Must Read – Now I Have First Class, What Next ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now I Have First Class, What Next ? by AmuDimpka: 5:45am On Nov 26, 2017
Social media is a good thing! A lot can be done via social media and online and a lot of people have been catching up to this vast possibilities of this new media. Lately, a lady that had or do I say graduated with a first class degree was appealing for a job via Twitter ! She has been jobless for over two years and was contemplating learning tailoring work. It is alleged that she studied something close to physics or electronics but a science based course and a tech one indeed!

This singular act has shown how we have gone down in education and also how the paradigm have shifted in the Nigerian ecosystem from certificate oriented to value adding labour space.

Today, most employers wouldn’t give a heck about your paper certificates! If you have attended most interviews these days ,the most popular questions that owners and founders, start up firms or big firms would ask is ” what can you do if we employers you ” what would you be offering the firm of you are hired ” and ” how can you be of value to this firm if you are hired ” these are the type of questions that are being thrown at you irrespective of your degree or leaning. No CEO cares about your grades at that time but the growth of the organisation and he isn’t employing you based on sentiment but based in your capabilities as you must have advertised in your resume. I am not saying that grades are not important. We shouldn’t get it twisted, they are important and they are added value to you but as the narrative is changing ,people with better value proposition and hands on experience would have a better chance of securing a job than the dude with fancy grades.

https://etimes.com.ng/first-class-theories-harsh-realities-graduate-nigerian-labour-space/

Re: Now I Have First Class, What Next ? by jaychubi: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2017
Go and learn a skill to earn a living. Na sabificate era we dey
Re: Now I Have First Class, What Next ? by Joephat(m): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2017
Your empolyers' English no be here

*What can do you if we employers you*

I go just shake my head n leave the interview Session.

I can't work for ppl who can't speak good English

1 Share

Re: Now I Have First Class, What Next ? by Afonjanightmare(m): 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
I fit swear say you no make First Class

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission Clearance / Young school Boy Builds Toy Helicopter In Anambra State (video) / Post Utme: This 17 Tips Will Help You Score Higher In Post Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.